Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Is this the position of the Debate and Discussion mod team? That Debate and Discussion is the place to go if you want to argue that the "cranial capacity" of black people makes them "suited for a life of servitude"?

And if that's allowed, why was my thread about the stomach capacity of moderators (vis-à-vis the eating of excrement) deleted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cool posted:

There's so many places on the rest of the forums that are extremely supportive places trans people can go to feel comfortable. I don't think D&D needs to be that place.

Here we have someone arguing that transphobia is fine, actually.

It's extremely bad and hosed up that this is allowed!

Just to be clear though, how many other minority groups should this apply to?

Is someone saying "Parts of the forums aren't racist" but "I don't think D&D needs to be that place?" an argument that mods consider to be good and acceptable in the Something Awful Debate & Discussion forum?

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Koos Group posted:

That thread was not posted in good faith. It was a satire thread meant to demonstrate a point about D&D's moderation, not one meant to foster discussion about real world issues.

This is untrue. I cited sources and everything. I honestly wanted to debate and discuss it. If people don't think mods can consume five pounds of excrement, they should be free to "see why exactly that's wrong," with that argument, through debating and discussing it.

Kind of weird that the official Debate & Discussion mods' position is that this is a good place to discuss whether black people have brains that make them fit for slavery, and that it's important to allow that discussion. So just to be clear, that is a welcome topic to debate here. But "how much human poop can mods eat" is not? Or should I have formatted that thread in a different way? Is there a way I could have made a thread for that topic that was in good faith, or is it forever verboten? Unlike arguments for enslaving black people, which I have at this point been repeatedly reassured are welcome here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Unless there are consistant standards none of this discussion will be productive. D&D mods need to make a statement about what is allowed and what is not allowed, and they all need to sign on to it.

"We must secure the existence of white people and a future for white children" - Is this a topic that's open for debate here on Something Awful? Each mod should say whether that's an acceptable debate topic here. I assume it is, because I've been told that extremely racist stuff is ok to debate, but unless the mods all take a position on it, it's unclear. It shouldn't be hard for each D&D mod to say "yes that's acceptable."

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Koos Group posted:

I have not accused anyone in this thread of acting in bad faith, and I believe the individuals who've said they're upset are upset. I also don't believe my rule set has had any terrible outcomes thus far.

This is not true.

Koos Group posted:

That thread was not posted in good faith. It was a satire thread meant to demonstrate a point about D&D's moderation, not one meant to foster discussion about real world issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fritz the Horse posted:

I queued ban+30s for both Aginor and Trollologist the same day they came into the thread with their bullshit and was going to chain probe until admins got around to processing the queue. Fluffdaddy came in shortly after and perma'd them. I'd have queued permas if I knew that was an option, in the few months I've been on the mod team it usually takes quite a bit of discussion to decide on a perma.

Just so I'm clear, you agree that D&D is the place to discuss whether black people have a cranial capacity that makes them fit for slavery, right?

some plague rats posted:

No one is organizing harassment campaigns or doxxing or writing legislation or posting threats, there was one thread that was poorly moderated and got gassed. Declaring that makes this "not a safe space for trans people" quite frankly makes it sound like you think we're a bunch of little babies who need to be wrapped in cotton wool so the bad opinions can't hurt us, it's downright demeaning and it would be good if you could stop

Are you sure about all of that first part? And I'd disagree about calling bigotry and the "you're trans because you did sex crimes" dms just "bad opinions." It's been repeatedly shown that the person who sent those dms is welcome as long as they do the correct debate dance so yeah that does not sound like a welcoming place to me.

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Apr 24, 2022