Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

The end result from reading this back from the page this started on, seeing that the person who brought it up is still in cat jail and the people they called out are mostly not, is the usual that the people complaining about the problem get punished for breaking decorum or getting too mad to play the stupid debate game more than the people who are the actual problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Miss Broccoli posted:

This is a minor point that doesn't change anything else. Koos has a problem with transgender people.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is what I’m referring too specifically where someone dealing with trolls and being dismissed repeatedly gets a little snappy at a mod.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Koos Group posted:

Yes, I'm a bit exhausted and could use a break from this thread. It was slated to end when the weekend does, and there aren't any new issues being brought up or new posters posting, so I'll probably close it in an hour or two. Thank you for your concern.

Closing the feedback thread after you do a pretty deliberate misread to call a user a bigot who called you out for enabling bigots is pretty bad imo

It’s the usual cycle of shutting up everyone bringing up the issue and closing all visible avenues to address it besides ignored PMs

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I don’t mean that specifically about you or even D&D so it’s cool if probably insane that you do respond to ALL PMs, because many moderators, at least in the couple forums dramas I’ve been in, almost always blow off PMs.

But yeah the general cycle of someone doing bad poo poo while dancing in the lines gets people angry who don’t know or get too mad to follow those lines while pointing it out and then get hammered and escalates until a bunch of people notice and start forums drama until enough other mods or admins intervene to actually address the issue.