Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

I like the changes that Koos has made as well as their specific moderation decisions.

I specifically like the tone change on probation messages, there have been a lot fewer 'getting the last word' and 'rubbing posters noses in it' style probation messages, which I always thought were counterproductive.

EDIT: Ok, here is some negative feedback in case I came across as too positive. I hate Despera's avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

There are a number of posters (Rob Filter, Bel Shazar, Upgrade, UCS Hellmaker, StratGoatCom, Sanguinia, Jaxyon, OwlFancier, Sharkie, Anticheese, empty whippet box, RBA Starblade, ram dass in hell, Despera, Liquid Communism, Miss Broccoli) in this thread stating that bigots and racists are not being properly moderated, leading to a need for new rules.

Can we get some examples of posts that would be punished under these new rules that did not receive punishment already? Like, specific posts, not just general vibes. It would help clarify for me what isn't be handled by the current set of rules.

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

Rob Filter posted:

This post right here. The poster was eventually probed, but this extremely racist post was not considered in isolation worthy of a probe.

I agree, that post sucks rear end.

They were thread banned and received a three day probation for general posting practices (which would include that post). There's an argument to be made that three days wasn't enough, but that's different than saying that the posting wasn't punished, and that a new rule needs to be made to 'catch' that bad post.

What posts are currently being made, being reported, and not receiving punishment that should instead receive punishment.

Tezer
Jul 9, 2001

Rob Filter posted:

FWIW, the way you dismissed the political slogan "trans women are women" as a catchphrase was pretty low key transphobic. It's a political slogan that summarizes trans liberation succinctly. Your comparing people arguing for their rights to children talking about Pokémon. Stop it.

'Catchphrase' and 'slogan' refer to pretty similar things. I think a more precise word would be 'shibboleth'.