Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It's still better than before. I do think there's a lot of rather empty restatements of known facts posted as thought they are refutations, and at times full of condescension as though these facts are not already the premise of arguments being made. And I don't even just mean this week. And generally it seems like length related to the above leads to bias in moderation. Many times where nothing new is said but a short reply is whapped. I do not attribute this to anything other than good faith confusion of length and effort or "showing your work".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Wrong thread hooray

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Current events is still literally an echo chamber that is basically Dems suck 24/7 or Dems are the fault of everything bad cheerleading.

:allears:

This is so clearly not true as to seem like more of the bad faith attempts to assert ideological supremacy via working the refs that lead to Koos being put in charge.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Nameless Pete posted:

Make a "Violent Communist Overthrow of the United States: Yea or Nay?" thread and then ban anybody discussing it outside there because that's the only topic of discussion that the usual band of Stalinists will allow anywhere else.

That's fine but it will inevitably lead to every criticism of Dems being described as being that. We already regularly see "Can you solve all political issues? No? Then shutup."

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
If sounds like we need more poll threads so posters can express more otherwise contentless up or down assessments of political actions.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
"If you don't support genocide why do I we keep insisting that you do, coward?"

1. Lol.

2. Is this really the place?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

In order to out some transphobes and test the moderators, you set up a bunch of trans people to deal with more transphobia. That sucked. I wish you hadn’t done it.

I think it's misguided to blame the OP. OPs don't have actual power to set or enforce rules. The people who do can lock the thread and edit the OP

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Apr 24, 2022

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Slow News Day posted:

I only occasionally skim USCE these days, and about 95% of the “debate” that happens in it seems to be along the lines of “here is why this terrible thing that the GOP has done is actually the Dems’ fault” and “USA is the root cause of all evil in the world, because even when it isn’t directly involved, here’s my Well Reasoned Argument for why it created the conditions for it!”

So basically, stuff you can expect to hear from edgy high-schoolers who try to get a rise out of others with their hot takes. Except these people are in their 30s or older, so make of that what you will.

Counterpoint, much of the debate seems to be posters who connect the dots to other issues being yelled at for not sufficiently yelling about how bad Republicans are, even though we all take this as a given, which is then characterized exactly like this.

This is the worst posting and there's so drat much of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Maybe it's an issue of only having one thread on the topics. Maybe posters can level up into other threads and trans posters can stay away from "baby bigots learn here" threads.

This inevitably ends with the bigots going to the other threads

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 24, 2022