Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Miss Broccoli posted:

Koos and DND has major problems with "not moderating positions" meaning in practice the forums are a safe space to be a transphobe. Seems highly likely that Koos is one whether he realises it or not.

Taking my 'mods the cooking forum' hat off for a minute? There was openly bad faith posting in that thread that I can only assume went by as long as it did due to unfamiliarity with the usual talking points. My biggest frustration with the handling was a distinct impression that the enforcement of the present policy was focused on decorum rather than the issue, as Fluffdaddy pointed out, of the root of the argument being a minority of people's right to exist and the validity of their identitiy.

Well represented in this thread by posting superstar Colonel Cool here feeling this is a safe space to argue that the forums need a place where transphobia is acceptable discourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Cicero posted:

Is attempted doxxing ban worthy? It seems like it should be.

I think it's a reference to the arguments made in the thread.

Blaire White is a right-wing youtube personality who's known for making up a story about how genderfluid powerlifter Janae Krovzaleski transitioned so she could win against cisgender female athletes despite her decision to continue to compete in the mens' division where she previously held world records.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

Feels like the whole "teaching" aspect of that has been on the decline ever since the Trumpification, though; at some point it seems like we collectively decided that everyone has to already agree with us on these issues and that there's no longer any room to convert those who don't know. "Here's why you're wrong" has been replaced by "gently caress off transphobe" or "mooooooooooooolonge

In the general case, it is neither reasonable or viable to require a minority to continuously justify their existence or educate people unwilling to go learn why their bigotry is bigotry when told so.

Explaining has been replaced by "gently caress off" because there is only so long anyone can maintain decorum in the face of constant casual bigotry and bad faith questions.