Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

Thanks for the detailed explanations, Koos; I still think that the reasons aren't always evenly applied, and that "someone reported it" isn't enough, on its face, without context of, eg, the post that is being answered. "Posts being interesting" is a particularly subjective metric as well.

I had no clue that backseat modding was ok to do and that does give me some perspective, but those are posts I find annoying, not "interesting," especially when the backseat mod is pointing out how often he himself has said the same thing.

Most people find posters who post 2, 3, or 4 times in a row instead of just editing stuff into the original post annoying but they don't run to the mods with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU