Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

US Pol is full of probes that don't often make sense and/or aren't explained at all. It's not even clear what the ground rules are anymore. The effort is meaningless because it hasn't discouraged any of the posting it is apparently meant to address.

Once you figure out what the rules actually are and how to explain them, make the minimum probe a week and then see if people either learn to be civil or at last just stop posting.

As it is, the thread has never been less useful than it is now. Wrist slaps for soapboxing and pithy clapbacks over issues that often have nothing to do with current events have not reduced them from a daily problem.

I'm also hopeful under newer moderation that feedback threads will be listened to, instead of ignored while the mods do what they were always going to do.

I don't agree that moderation of D&D is an unsolvable problem, but I see patterns of ineffectual behavior from mods that reinforce the idea that it is. For example, if you tolerate harassment of mods as has happened in the past, the fix is already in and nothing will change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

quote:

There's so many places on the rest of the forums that are extremely supportive places trans people can go to feel comfortable. I don't think D&D needs to be that place.

I always hate when these threads become about side issues because almost by design it never goes anywhere. Reading a recap of current posting blood feuds is exhausting, and usually pointless as people tend to misrepresent each other and not post receipts. But,

A mirthless lol to this horrible post, what in the gently caress is wrong with you.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Threads about contentious topics/topics about which people might be badly misinformed should start with some context explaining a poster's position and/or vetted educational resources.

It should not start with "are trans people existing in bad faith?"