Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
ROLL CALL OF CURRENT CHAMPIONS

Impact World Champion: Josh Alexander
The Walking Weapon would not be denied. Six months after winning and losing the title in the span of minutes, Alexander beat Moose in a really, really good match, and THIS time still has it. My guess is that given the shorter-than-normal turnaround time between Pay-per-views, we'll see a rematch with Moose (possibly with a gimmick) next month.

Impact World Tag Team Champions: Violent by Design
Eric Young, Joe Doering, and Deaner retained their titles in an eight-team gauntlet, aided by coming out last. I'd say there are no obvious contenders, but with the Briscoes coming in this week....

Impact X Division Champion: Ace Austin
Now in his third reign as champion, Austin seemingly is here as champion as a means to get the belt on "Speedball" Mike Bailey at Slammiversary. Don't get me wrong, Ace Austin is good at wrestling, but it's clear the endgame here for this storyline.

Impact Knockouts World Champion: Tasha Steelz
Steelz is also what appears to be a transitional champion, waiting for Masha Slamovich to take the title from her.

Impact Knockouts Tag Team Champions: The Influence
I'm as shocked as you are! I would have for sure believed the IInspiration would've won against Tenille Dashwood and Madison Rayne, but that's wrestling for you. Other than Decay, there are no obvious tag teams to face the Influence.

Impact Digital Media Champion: Matt Cardona
A fitting champion, Cardona might be going into the tag division with Brian Myers, which could lead to another person winning the title. If W. Morrissey is still in Impact Wrestling, I'd put my money on him.

NEXT PAY-PER-VIEW: SLAMMIVERSARY 20
On the 20-year anniversary of the first NWA-TNA show, June 19th in Nashville. Which means I will be out of the country at the time and probably won't be able to watch :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Rebellion was very good! I'm not sure I've enjoyed an Impact/TNA PPV that much before and I'd consider watching weekly if my slate wasn't already pretty full. Definitely back for the next big event though!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Iinspiration are indefinitely stepping away https://www.instagram.com/p/Cc22im1Lsrx/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, that would explain why they lost on Saturday. Good luck, Cassie and Jessica.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

All aboard Alexander Express.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1518968140448772098

Tonight we're getting that rematch out of the way real quick like:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It's another "we only have two weeks before a minor event" build, but Under Siege looks good so far:

-Josh Alexander vs. Tomohiro Ishii
-Violent by Design vs. the Briscoes
-Tasha Steelz vs. Havok
-Taya Valkyrie vs. Deonna Purrazzo
-Bullet Club (White, Bey, Good Brothers, and El P) vs. Honor No More (Edwards, the OGK, King, and Vincent)

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Deonna and Morrissey getting their Dynamite debuts, what a great time for wrestle fans.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The tapings on May 8th are advertising:

-BeyBlade vs. Alexander & Ishii
-El Phantasmo vs. Kenny King
-The Good Brothers vs. the OGK
-a Gauntlet for the Gold match (participants TBA)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
JONAH and Willie Mack have left, as their contracts have expired and they did not renew.

e: Also, this almost happened:

https://twitter.com/Walking_Weapon/status/1522763828643213314

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 7, 2022

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

mia yim is back

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1523103524590080001

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Also, I’d put good money on the Briscoe Brothers having signed a contract with Impact Wrestling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Under Siege developments:

Everyone retained except the tag champs, who are now the Briscoes
Mia Yim's back
So is Sami Callihan

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Alexander and Ishii just beat the poo poo out of each other and I reaaally enjoyed it.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1524788305996431360

More Alexander / Ishii action tonight! Also by the power of magic Ace Austin is wrestling while being in Japan at the same time!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Chris Sabin vs. Frankie Kazarian announced for the tapings in Orlando this weekend.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I was pulling for Steve Maclin to win the gauntlet match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KingQueen of the Mountain match at Slammiversary

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/ScottDAmore/status/1528494717620609031

Many people are saying Hiromu should show up in Impact Wrestling. More every day!

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

Will Sharkboy ever get his long deserved title shot?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Looking at the upcoming taping schedule (and extrapolating from Forbidden Door), I'd suspect Takahashi would most likely challenge for the X Division Championship on my birthday, July 1st, barring unforeseen circumstances.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I'll admit I did not expect Masha to be able to put away Havok that easily, but I am certainly on board of the Masha Machine. Overall yet another good episode in what by now has kinda become the standard for Impact. Morrissey and Gujjar should give that tag thing a go, imho. Big fan of Josh And Dem Boys.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Scott D’Amore is probably thanking his lucky stars he re-signed Ace Austin back in March, considering how surprisingly over he’s got in Japan.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Double-post, yes, but Rich Swann won the Digital Media Championship at a Wrestling Revolver show last night.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

W. Morrisey, aka the former Big Cass in WWE, has departed Impact Wrestling, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Tonight's episode of Impact Wrestling on AXS TV, featuring PCO & Morrisey vs. Moose & Steve Maclin will be his final appearance for the company.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He took plenty of poo poo for good reason years back but honestly he seemed pretty improved in his one-off appearance against Wardlow a few weeks ago. Wonder where he’ll go from here

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

DJExile posted:

He took plenty of poo poo for good reason years back but honestly he seemed pretty improved in his one-off appearance against Wardlow a few weeks ago. Wonder where he’ll go from here

WWE saw that juiced bod and penciled him in

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm not sure it gets more rock bottom than DT seizures at an indy show. I'm glad he was able to get back on his feet and work his way back up to what I presume is another fed contract. He worked pretty well for a guy in blue jeans.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Jack Evans announced for Ultimate X47 :w00t:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PCO's around for most of the rest of the year https://impactdaily.news.blog/2022/06/06/pco-confirms-when-his-impact-wrestling-contract-expires/

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i remember tghinking how old you'd have to be to have seen all 20 wrestlemanias live. well some little kid is not thinking about that same thing with slammiversary. i win

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Swann/Myers for the Digital Media title added to Slammiversary.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current Slammiversary card (June 19)

Honor No More (Mike Bennett, Matt Taven, Eddie Edwards, PCO and Vincent) vs Impact Originals (Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Kaz, and two TBA partners)
Moose vs Sami Callihan in a Monster's Ball match
Rich Swann defends the Digital Media title against Brian Myers
Tasha Steelz defends the Knockouts title against Deonna Purrazzo, Chelsea Green, Mia Yim and Jordynne Grace in the first-ever Queen of the Mountain match
The Briscoes defend the tag titles against the Good Bros
Ace Austin defends the X title against Speedball Mike Bailey, Kenny King, Trey Miguel, Jack Evans and Alex Zayne in Ultimate X
Josh Alexander defends the world title against Eric Young

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
That Good Brothers trip tho the Briscoe farm was incredible

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Influence will defend their tag titles against Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie on Sunday.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1536712070489595909

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

So does Slammiversary have every memorable TNA gimmick match on it? I think it’s just missing a Monster’s Ball.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

So does Slammiversary have every memorable TNA gimmick match on it? I think it’s just missing a Monster’s Ball.

Moose/Sami Callihan is Monster's Ball

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Just needs Raven's Clockwork Orange House of Fun.

And TERRORDOME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

sticklefifer posted:

Just needs Raven's Clockwork Orange House of Fun.

And TERRORDOME.

To this day Homicide still lives in my headspace trying to shimmy up to the toppa the cage