Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

totally a "source: voices in my head" moment but i strongly feel like they're just full steam ahead on splat4 for the switch u at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Orb Crabmelt posted:

For anyone who wants to learn about Salmon Run, I recommend the in-game tutorial, everything on this page, and the individual map pages here. The Grizzco weapons page is also pertinent for today's rotation.

(I actually forgot until a couple games in that the Grizzco slosher could pierce armor...)

This video also shows that you can get to 999 EVP without a coordinated team if you want to throw it on and watch it in bits and pieces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCmGUlDvESk

I hadn't played any Splatoon in months, happened to feel the urge to Salmon Run, remembered this thread, and came across this post. That video makes me think I could actually hit 999 EVP. Starting as a borderline EVP player, I have a long way to go, but I've been having a blast and it's thanks to your post, so thanks!

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I'm glad it helped someone!

I think more people would find Salmon Run enjoyable if the tutorial was just a little more robust. Still not a fan of glowflies, though

marumaru
May 20, 2013

coverage (between-crosshairs) is a poo poo loving level and i hate it so much jesus christ i had to do it with a luna blaster i HATE this game!!

(i played for 3 hours straight after that)

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
It's the only map I know by name and sometimes when I pick it by accident I just walk back into the elevator. Sucks rear end bigtime.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I just walk back into the elevator

excuse me you WHAT :aaaaa:
holy poo poo, i had no idea that was a thing. i only ever pick it on accident, this information is a godsend

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVP-SwBwU3c

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
:siren: TEAM DRUMS TAKES THE SNEAK PEAK WITH A 0.16% MARGIN :siren:

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
so, uh, what's the deal with fizzbangs? that's it? just a way to shoehorn in some of the clam blitz code because they desperately needed something to try and make splatfests more exciting or something? i have played exactly three battles with them and i will never admit to being wrong if it turns out i'm missing some integral use or function of them. thank you for reading.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

it feels like a really crude way to offset how overpower long range weapons have become in 3 v 2 to me, but who knows

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
They're basically a minor gimmick to give some weapons who can't paint as well, or lack bombs, more ways to fight back. They do paint quite a bit, so it's a minor bit of area denial and paint. Not super impactful, but more ways for certain weapons to interact with the game I guess.

It definitely does feel like an alternate attempt at spicing up fests after Tricolor was shown to not really work out, especially after the nightmare that was Bluefin Tricolor.

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1759424362044678216

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

:siren: TEAM KEYBOARD LEADS AT HALFTIME :siren:

DRUMS TRAIL BY 2.85%

:siren: TRICOLOR BATTLES WILL BE HELD AT FLOUNDER HEIGHTS :bandwagon:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I'll say it right now: this has been the best Splatfest so far during Splatoon 3's lifecycle. Something just clicked right with the introduction of fizzbombs, and now life smiles again. :woomy:

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

I agree. Fizzbangs add a much-appreciated extra layer to Turf Wars. Flounder Tri-Color is downright pleasant compared to Bluefin. Lazer show in Inkopolis Square and the theme doesn't suck.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

kidfresca posted:

I agree. Fizzbangs add a much-appreciated extra layer to Turf Wars. Flounder Tri-Color is downright pleasant compared to Bluefin. Lazer show in Inkopolis Square and the theme doesn't suck.

Honestly I've found mediocre to downright terrible.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

:siren: VICTORY FOR TEAM KEYBOARD :siren:

TEAM GUITAR TAKES 2ND BY 10-POINT MARGIN

DEMANDS FOR RECOUNT DISMISSED BY "TEAM KEYTAR" POPULIST BLOCK

Argus Zant fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 25, 2024

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Meanwhile in Japan...

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1772084171193626892

Frye is cursed.

Fizzbangs are an overall good addition. They aren't too intrusive due to their low turfing and power, and they give kits that have rear end painting and/or no bombs a more of a fighting chance. And it's a nice way to mix up fests after Tricolor clearly wasn't working out. They aren't a major change, but they feel like a bit of a minor equalizer.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Fizzbangs were fun, had exactly 1 mirror match on Keyboard in about three hours of playing, no network errors on my end. Good Splatfest.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

fizzbangs were totally fine, had an absolutely metric fuckton of mirror matches as drums, and also had a few 100x that all went to keyboard. feels bad man game is rigged as gently caress

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

A fun time to remember that the devs decided that Frye's signature stat in Side Order is luck.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
The Spillway stage has to be the worst stage in the franchise by far.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

https://twitter.com/PunchTheBrain/status/1775787752560402531
https://twitter.com/PunchTheBrain/status/1775788734744797528

79 is such an aggressive set and I love it

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Springfest schedule and theme reveal.

Also get yer Springfest themed gear from the Switch's Splatoon news feed.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Giving Frye an easy win I see (Big Man also has a chance)

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
the only way frye will win is if she gets cum coloured ink.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Well, if there's blood, then, I guess... maybe?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

shiver being set up for failure. you hate to see it

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

marumaru posted:

shiver being set up for failure. you hate to see it

she'll be fine, the shiver defence force always shows up

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

EightFlyingCars posted:

she'll be fine, the shiver defence force always shows up

Not to mention that baby chicks ARE a popular cuddle choice in their own right.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

so when is Splat 3 getting the latest iteration of Ancho-V Games

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

RIP Splatoon, this was my last game an hour after the official end and I had to go do other things. I actually didn't play much of the first, but it got me hooked and I never stayed off of it

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

You're SUPPOSED to stay OFF the hook :doh:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Scholtz posted:

You're SUPPOSED to stay OFF the hook :doh:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

MiniFoo posted:

RIP Splatoon, this was my last game an hour after the official end and I had to go do other things. I actually didn't play much of the first, but it got me hooked and I never stayed off of it

the good news is that moving forward you can still play it, with splatfests and everything, and in glorious 4K if you're so graphically inclined.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

But seriously though, where do you get those Bitchin splatoon jerseys?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Upsidads posted:

But seriously though, where do you get those Bitchin splatoon jerseys?

the real life ones?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Yes the ones that ya see in tournaments
Someone has to make em for us squids

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
confetti in ink would jam the guns

edit: they're sprinkles, that's fine.

POCKET CHOMP fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 20, 2024

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Tried out the newly buffed Triple Splashdown. Or rather having its frame data reverted to how it worked in Splatoon 2. It went from being a pretty bad special to okay now. Being able to pull off the attack more often is nice instead of being shot down.

Superjump Splashdowns are still very pathetic (they're just the sole splashdown with absolutely no increase in radius unlike in Splatoon 2) and are pretty much just used to ensure a safer landing in dangerous territory. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing those as often compared to 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Jfc all the tryhards are out tonight, playing for Bear is completely unfun thanks to getting wrecked every game