Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I'm hyped to try the bow out, along with whatever other new weapons they introduce. I bet there's going to be at least one more aside from the bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Something I've been pondering about the dash and roll mechanics is that have 1 or 2 games, many veteran players have developed a whole repertoire for extricating themselves from tricky situations, so it's going to be a process for some of them to incorporate these features into their playstyles. New players are gonna find it much easier to adopt dash/roll.

Definitely. I practiced the roll in the training room, and it's not hard to do, but I used it all of ONCE in an actual match.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I'm stuck with handheld and shaky wifi for the next week or so, so I haven't even had a chance to try multiplayer yet, but the single player is really good so far, for anyone who was on the fence and that would be a deciding point for.

Get Splatoon 3. It is good.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Nep-Nep posted:

It's not often a viable strat but I was just able to help win a splat zone match by dedicating myself to hunting down the reflux main and making their life hell for daring to spawn. Their teammates never covered them and it was rather cathartic.

Always do this if they're wearing a bunch of special charge up gear. Missile spamming should brick your Switch.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

unpronounceable posted:

Swim speed gets you back in the fight faster, and works even if you killed someone, so it's better than quick respawn
It also lets you move from point to point on the map faster, and isn't restricted to where your teammates are, so it's better than quick superjump, too.

It also lets you get out of the kill radius of bombs quicker, so it's better than bomb defense up.

And being able to close the gap quicker means you waste fewer shots, so it's better than main ink saver.