Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm just glad he'll have Twitter to occupy himself and we can all rest easy knowing some rich tech guy won't buy out the forums from us and turn it into a hellscape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
How longer until he buys SA and merges it with Twitter, making The Worst Possible Website?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Buce posted:

its gonna be 4chan in about 2 days

he might kill it the opposite way. in the list of ways he gave that he would improve twitter, it was all vague "free speech" nonsense, and only one point was actually a real step twitter could take, which was authenticating users. the moment twitter makes you verify your real name and address, the platform will die.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Archer666 posted:

How longer until he buys SA and merges it with Twitter, making The Worst Possible Website?

An important announcement thread about the recent ownership change of the forums
1/82

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Elon Musk hosed me and paid me 44 billion dollars ill never forgive him

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

People use their real face and name to say horrible poo poo on Facebook

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Twiddle dee tweeter

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Archer666 posted:

Elon to hire mysterious figure from SA's past: "Radium" to head up Twitter's software engineering division.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

If he does actually knock out a bunch of bots the most annoying weirdos will be pissed about losing followers

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah this definitely isn't a good thing.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I'm sure musk's legal team is super excited about their job security and the never ending amount of legal issues major social media platforms face when they're wildly unmoderated

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Please posters be kind to those who will return from the wilderness of Twitter, slouching and blinking, to the light of these Forums

Hollismason posted:

lol no it's gonna be terrible just expanses of 'ironic' and unironic slurs within a month

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
edit: AH gently caress HOW DID I DO THAT

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 25, 2022

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Twitter: "We're not letting Elon buy Twitter".

Elon: "How's $44 billion"?

Twitter: "We are letting Elon buy Twitter".

I have no idea how publicly traded companies work

No, no, you've still got it pretty exactly there

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Of course it isn't. Its twitter.com

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

You Are A Elf posted:

$44 billion in cash. Think of all the good that could have been used on fighting homelessness and poverty, funding schools and hospitals, providing food for the masses, and making the world a much better place for humanity in general.

But no. Some rich dumb rear end in a top hat uses it to buy a social media platform because his fee fees got hurt. Eat the rich.

posting is the most valuable and precious resource of them all

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
This is all remarkably stupid.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Trump gonna be back on Twitter in time for the 2024 elections, hell yeah baybeeeeeee

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1518623997054918657

place your bets on how long this will last lol

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Seems like an awful lot of money for a service that transfers screenshots from your Switch to your phone. Especially since Nintendo added a way to do it directly.

I think Elon is kind of dumb.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's going to be hilarious when Tesla turns out to be a major financial fraud and everyone is going to be like, this transparently absolute clown pulled off the greatest financial scam in history, and by hilarious I mean cause significant damage to our entire economy because everything is so dumb Tesla is part of the S&P 500.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Dogmeat posted:

Seems like an awful lot of money for a service that transfers screenshots from your Switch to your phone. Especially since Nintendo added a way to do it directly.

it's just a way for elon to make inroads with more 14 year olds

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Someone frame that, because he is going to delete it so fast.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Dogmeat posted:

no he has a lot of money; thus, Very Smart

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OMFG FURRY posted:

no he has a lot of money; thus, Very Smart

confirmed

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Welp hello again goons

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Just a reminder that this is the same guy having a little cry about Gates for having a short position on Tesla, calling a random member of the public “pedo guy” because he actually came up with a simple solution for a problem while Musk wanked over Iron Man submarines. Oh, and he cancelled a blogger’s Model X order because the guy had the temerity to criticise him for starting a reveal show 2 hours late.

Elon has no chill at all, he’s absolutely not going to be able to handle anyone with any notoriety criticising him.

This is going to be pretty funny to be honest.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

big black turnout posted:

Welp hello again goons

Welcome back.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Trump getting reinstated and tweeting again would mean that his own TRUTH SOCIAL was a failure and he hates being a loser so I for one am intrigued how it all goes.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

[quote="Durzel" post=""523034576"]

This is going to be pretty funny to be honest.
[/quote]

You are right, but he will also do things like send internet mobs after scientists or teachers or activists if it makes pepes give him a good ratio. It isn’t really funny, when the people destroying humanity keep winning

Edit: my apologies for the busted quote

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/1517215293722054656

remember there are reports that chelsea manning and grimes are banging

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Carwash oval office posted:

You are right, but he will also do things like send internet mobs after scientists or teachers or activists if it makes pepes give him a good ratio. It isn’t really funny, when the people destroying humanity keep winning

he can do that already, without owning twitter

but now he can say slurs or make actionable threats and not get banned, i guess, not that those things were particularly well policed before anyway

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's gonna let people be racist and spread hate and fear because "muh free speech" so this is a bad thing

Edit: Even more racist, I should say

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i've never understood why any billionaire, or heck even multi millionaire, would post online at all. honestly I can think of so much rad poo poo to do with unlimited money that I could spend the rest of my life doing it. but I guess that's one of the many reasons I'm not one.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i've never understood why any billionaire, or heck even multi millionaire, would post online at all. honestly I can think of so much rad poo poo to do with unlimited money that I could spend the rest of my life doing it. but I guess that's one of the many reasons I'm not one.

you have to basically not be human to be willing to amass that much wealth

they don't enjoy things the same way we do. when you get that wealthy, you care more about prestige and adulation I would think than doing life affirming / enjoyable things as you or I know them

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Honestly this is one of those things where unless you’re a billionaire you can’t really know. If you can basically buy anything how are you supposed to get your kicks if not moving markets and wrecking the plebs with your autistic comments and bathing in hundreds of sycophants hanging on your every word?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They're just needy for validation. Online lets them get sucked off by thousands of people at the same time.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why didn't Bernie Madoff just retire?

https://i.imgur.com/drSvsGP.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

It's going to be hilarious when Tesla turns out to be a major financial fraud and everyone is going to be like, this transparently absolute clown pulled off the greatest financial scam in history, and by hilarious I mean cause significant damage to our entire economy because everything is so dumb Tesla is part of the S&P 500.

Speaking of which

lol. Not much but it's a start, let's make it -40%, my stonks be damned.