Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The gamergate 2 thing is pretty much doomed for failure even though it has a ton of weird little psychos yelling "pronouns" in response to people making fun of them, because it's spearheaded by mark kern, a disgraced ex-wow developer who was so fired that his wowpedia entry only says "former Team Lead" and not much else. He still refuses to acknowledge he's unemployed, and was previously mercilessly mocked for this tweet

he's quite married to that avatar which depicts him as a smol bean and it's truly one of the most embarassing things

I dont how who this person is but I do believe ""SJW" and wokes are the reason the little rear end in a top hat cant get any sex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

deoju posted:

So pedos preying on child stars is in the zeitgeist because of that Netflix Nickelodeon documentary and these assholes use their pain to leverage anti-trans poo poo? :fuckoff:

no, order is a little incorrect there good sir:

1. gently caress tim pool.
2. continue loving him into pieces.
3. hollywood continues on as is normal for hollywood, its a known thing and has been for many decades and who's done anything about it?
4. ????
5. oh, yeah; profit.

essentially a crab louse hijacked a poo poo thing for his own ends, poo poo thing still continues regardless.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

And the whole thing is so loving stupid. Those agencies and services aren't there to go "Hmm well it looks like you've only got 13.332 minorities in your game and you know the minimum is 15.25 so start darkening those skins, buddy". Nobody in the world is aware of everything, and it's super easy to accidentally do something that's offensive to someone out of genuine ignorance, and I view it as a valuable service to have people who go over your script and assets and go "hey, this exotic chanting you use in the background music of your desert level is actually from a muslim prayer, and it should not be used that way" or "hey, this one character's name is a real bad slur in another language, you might want to rethink it".

This is not a made up example, either. It's happened to game developers and was only discovered after the game was released, and then had to be patched out and copies had to be recalled. It also happened to us when we made an indie game which was basically "Typing of the Dead" except as a combo-centric score attack game. We came up with what we thought was a clever idea and dumped the dictionary from some Linux distro to use as our pool of words to type. We ran it through an algorithm to clean out all the slurs we could think of (turns out there's a surprising amount of slurs in Linux dictionaries), but we didn't get all of them. And of course when Total Biscuit played our game on his stream, the RNG immediately popped up some of those slurs we hadn't thought of. Having someone else go through the dictionary beforehand would've been great!

yeah exactly. at the very worst, some of those companies are kinda scamy and basicaly just to boring basic 3 hour seminars for 20000 dollars or some poo poo, but most actually do real stuff. like again, most of these chuds have fully gone up their own asses to point where its not even about anything anymore, so they alienated pretty much everyone they would need to make it get off the ground like the last time.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 29, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

.. the USA did use nuclear weapons.

???

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

yeah the "chores" I'm sure you have a lot of urges for help with chores

wait there's more

dude needs a robot to stack poo poo in a cupboard. what an absolute failure of a human being

shyduck fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 29, 2024

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

euphronius posted:

.. the USA did use nuclear weapons.

???

Only 2, and used them with care and empathy

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jesus that is terrible

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

doesn't know what a darwin award is, his parenting advice is have a breeding fetish, and more run-of-the-mill blatantly stealing memes .he's zooted

shyduck fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 29, 2024

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Don't know when this came up, but apparently Jane Goodall doesn't like Musk.

quote:

One of the few people who has criticized me recently was Elon Musk. He was critical of what I always say about human population growth as one of the things that we have to think about when we want to protect the planet for future generations. I invented “Voluntary Population Optimization.” Could you criticize that? Voluntary? And optimizing? I talked about V.P.O. and I never got heckled, I never got any problem.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Bubbacub posted:

Don't know when this came up, but apparently Jane Goodall doesn't like Musk.

Jane G stays the GOAT.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

shyduck posted:

doesn't know what a darwin award is

He does. He's implying that you'll get killed if you're trans in Palestine. He's being extra bigoted

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
good to see elon care about trans lives

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kit Walker posted:

He does. He's implying that you'll get killed if you're trans in Palestine. He's being extra bigoted

I mean you will, but that's more because of Israel than anything else.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Kit Walker posted:

Well, right now they probably would get killed in Palestine. Not because they are trans, though, but because Palestinians are being genocided (which Elon fully supports, by the way)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I know Musk is one of the dumbest guys alive but not knowing Stalin had the bomb is pretty bad even for him.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The gamergate 2 thing is pretty much doomed for failure even though it has a ton of weird little psychos yelling "pronouns" in response to people making fun of them, because it's spearheaded by mark kern, a disgraced ex-wow developer who was so fired that his wowpedia entry only says "former Team Lead" and not much else. He still refuses to acknowledge he's unemployed, and was previously mercilessly mocked for this tweet

he's quite married to that avatar which depicts him as a smol bean and it's truly one of the most embarassing things

When I first came across him years ago I thought he was some 20 something weirdo because of what he tweeted about and his av. Same thing happened with Marc Andreessen because he also tweeted like a college kid who knew a lot less than he thought he did and had poisoned his mind reading bad tweets and had a Charlie Brown av and I didn't connect it to the guy who made Netscape Navigator for awhile.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Jane G stays the GOAT.

Things I know about Jane Goodall:

- Likes Chimps
- Fan of the Far Side cartoon about her
- Hates Elon

Yup. GOATed.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Groovelord Neato posted:

I know Musk is one of the dumbest guys alive but not knowing Stalin had the bomb is pretty bad even for him.

Not knowing that it takes more than having atomic bombs to conquer the world is even dumber, just complete teenage boy brain incomprehension of the world.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Elias_Maluco posted:

Im going to murder mr beast

Inshallah

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

shyduck posted:

yeah the "chores" I'm sure you have a lot of urges for help with chores

wait there's more

dude needs a robot to stack poo poo in a cupboard. what an absolute failure of a human being

IMC has been online for too long, dude is wasting away at his computer

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cool meme, very win

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

IMC really should get Neuralink

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lindneural Yaccalinko

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Serenity now

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kazil posted:

Lindneural Yaccalinko

K-hole Linda

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

shyduck posted:

IMC really should get Neuralink
Well once you upload your brain to X the everything app, you're really going to need Optimus to manage your pantry.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
elon recruiting the worst tier of sweatposter to plug into a giant dynamo and parse grok responses like the trailer for the new stellaris expansion

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Seth Pecksniff posted:

One of the last verses of Revelation warns against changing the words in any way and same with Deuteronomy

Lmao the irony of putting that in Revelation

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Internet Old One posted:

Lmao the irony of putting that in Revelation

Best part is that the original Greek of Revelation was real bad, with a lot of errors and blunt language, meaning this John of Patmos fella was a goober who wanted to act all high or mighty but didn’t have the brains for it.

This reminds me of someone, hmmmm. Concerning.

BigglesSWE fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 29, 2024

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BigglesSWE posted:

Best part is that the original Greek of Revelation was real bad, with a lot of errors and blunt language, meaning this John of Patmos fella was a goober who wanted to act all high or mighty but didn’t have the brains for it.

This reminds me of someone, hmmmm. Concerning.

yeah. biblical literalism is loving dumb but the genuin history of the bible and its writings and what got tossed and what stayed is genuinly interesting. like all the gospels were written at different times for different audiances and jesus was probably an end times rebels who wanted to burn rome and the establisment down.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. biblical literalism is loving dumb but the genuin history of the bible and its writings and what got tossed and what stayed is genuinly interesting. like all the gospels were written at different times for different audiances and jesus was probably an end times rebels who wanted to burn rome and the establisment down.

tbf there were a lot of people who wanted to burn Rome down. Nero was the hero they needed (he was not)

But yeah Biblical history fascinates me because there's so many books out there that aren't "official" but fill in huge gaps in the Bible and have it make a lot more sense overall

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
hell I'd burn down rome if only for the OGest of goth cred

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

kazil posted:

Lindneural Yaccalinko

And never doubt your vibe

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

lol what man

kazil posted:

Lindneural Yaccalinko

third eye open

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

tbf there were a lot of people who wanted to burn Rome down. Nero was the hero they needed (he was not)

But yeah Biblical history fascinates me because there's so many books out there that aren't "official" but fill in huge gaps in the Bible and have it make a lot more sense overall

also mostly different interpratations and poo poo too. most of it gets streamlined into nician christianity which is kinda what most groups now believe to various degrees. but their is alot of weirder smaller poo poo and gnostcism which is basicaly a mystery cult version.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Mudlark posted:

hell I'd burn down rome if only for the OGest of goth cred

Joining the sack of Rome to impress chicks and try to get a goth GF

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

If Rome didn't exist, we'd have to invent a Rome, just to burn it down!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

You couldn't burn down Rome today. They wouldn't let you.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Elon Musk could build Rome in a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

what's the title about

was this elon posting something desperately lonely or is this about Trump begging his wife to come home for Valentine's Day