Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gently caress Musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!

redshirt posted:

gently caress Musk

No

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Bible posted:

So how did Indonesia get roped into this incoherent mess?

Good question.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Bible posted:

So how did Indonesia get roped into this incoherent mess?
it had a tsunami in 2004, which you'd remember if you knew your covid lore

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation

Pirate Radar posted:

Good question.

I want to solve this.

Either he thinks Indonesia did 9/11 and America attacked it with a Tsunami, or Indonesia helped create the Tsunami in retaliation for 9/11 against... him, I guess? He seems to believe the US was attacking him with earthquakes. And I guess the earthquakes and tsunamis were all caused by nuclear detonations.

Edit: gently caress, wait, what? Indonesia was targeted by the US with a nuke-triggered earthquake, or maybe Indonesia will attack America with nukes or earthquakes or some poo poo in relation for a nuke-triggered tsunami. And something about Haiti genociding America at some point? Was that supposed to be what COVID was? Why was China involved, then?

It's almost like these are just batshit insane ramblings or something.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Apr 29, 2024

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

redshirt posted:

gently caress Musk

No one needs a horse that badly, not even Richard III.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

And that is even before you include the Teslabots, you would have to be an absolute fool not to put all your money in Tesla with numbers like that.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation

Three Olives posted:

And that is even before you include the Teslabots, you would have to be an absolute fool not to put all your money in Tesla with numbers like that.

Greentext, huh? That's new, who did you piss off for that one?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The Bible posted:

I want to solve this.

Either he thinks Indonesia did 9/11 and America attacked it with a Tsunami, or Indonesia helped create the Tsunami in retaliation for 9/11 against... him, I guess? He seems to believe the US was attacking him with earthquakes. And I guess the earthquakes and tsunamis were all caused by nuclear detonations.

Edit: gently caress, wait, what? Indonesia was targeted by the US with a nuke-triggered earthquake, or maybe Indonesia will attack America with nukes or earthquakes or some poo poo in relation for a nuke-triggered tsunami. And something about Haiti genociding America at some point? Was that supposed to be what COVID was? Why was China involved, then?

The US is killing all these people in retaliation for this dude thinking impure thoughts against USA

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation

coconono posted:

The US is killing all these people in retaliation for this dude thinking impure thoughts against USA

Then he needs to loving knock it off.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Bible posted:

Greentext, huh? That's new, who did you piss off for that one?
someone in the trump thread since that's where 3O was posting about dishdrawers. who knows which of those unstable maniacs decided it was :10bux: important that everyone know 3O is gay and lives in a condo, something he will quite famously let you know for free.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Three Olives posted:

The gross product of the entire loving world is like one hundred trillion.

People are not going to spend as much on robotaxis as they spend on food.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Three Olives posted:

How come I can't get richer by just making up absolute bullshit declarations, this feels completely unfair

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

lmao

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Bible posted:

I want to solve this.

Yeah I should have said it’s not a good question because the answer is that he’s not well. I was wondering if the logic was like, the US taking revenge on Muslims but maybe it’s not even that ordered.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Three Olives posted:

Five years!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Economical fusion power will get unstuck from its "forever 50 years away" state before a single one of Musk promises

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Robotaxis are gonna be STD bins anyway

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Economical fusion power will get unstuck from its "forever 50 years away" state before a single one of Musk promises
50 years away......

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Three Olives posted:

How in the world do you get to that number? Even if what musk is claiming ends up happening, where does all that revenue come from?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sir Tonk posted:

How in the world do you get to that number? Even if what musk is claiming ends up happening, where does all that revenue come from?

It comes from the need for Tesla stock to go up, up, up!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

Yeah I should have said it’s not a good question because the answer is that he’s not well. I was wondering if the logic was like, the US taking revenge on Muslims but maybe it’s not even that ordered.
your answers are all on his website in its code diagram index - for instance, the USA taking revenge on Muslims by creating the 2004 Indonesia tsunami is revealed by MURDER: MUslims DRowned 9/Eleventh Revenged.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

someone in the trump thread since that's where 3O was posting about dishdrawers. who knows which of those unstable maniacs decided it was :10bux: important that everyone know 3O is gay and lives in a condo, something he will quite famously let you know for free.

It's funny because I sold my condo years, I now live across the street from a house that hasn't had roofing shingles in, I think a year and is using bedsheets as window treatments.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation

Three Olives posted:

It's funny because I sold my condo years, I now live across the street from a house that hasn't had roofing shingles in, I think a year and is using bedsheets as window treatments.

What's a window treatment?

I learned recently that these big-rear end plates I bought years ago are actually called "chargers" and you're not meant to eat off of them at all. They're like plates for your plate, whatever that's supposed to do. I still eat off of them.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

The Bible posted:

What's a window treatment?

I learned recently that these big-rear end plates I bought years ago are actually called "chargers" and you're not meant to eat off of them at all. They're like plates for your plate, whatever that's supposed to do. I still eat off of them.

Charger plates are extremely rarely labeled as food safe and are allowed and often do use toxic materials for their appearance. Do not eat off a charger, flip it over, it probably says "Not Food Safe" or something along those lines.

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation

Three Olives posted:

Charger plates are extremely rarely labeled as food safe and are allowed and often do use toxic materials for their appearance. Do not eat off a charger, flip it over, it probably says "Not Food Safe" or something along those lines.

gently caress. Thanks, I'll check.

Edit: It doesn't say anything, probably a cheap charger knockoff if there is such a thing, but I guess I won't take the chance.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 29, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dodge Charger plates

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
$10 trillion ÷ 8 billion people = $1,111 per person per year globally.

lol

deoju fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Apr 29, 2024

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kazil posted:

Something like a poptart?

No poptarts, Musk prefers in vetro.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Looks like Rudy Giuliani has taken up drag again.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Ghostlight posted:

The worst thing about these is the absolute poo poo tier job the guy does making the backronyms. You're just making up bullshit anyway, start with a good solid acronym and work from there.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Three Olives posted:

bidenflation has lead to a world where a trillion dollars buys you 10 donkeys

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

No poptarts, Musk prefers in vetro.

Musk cannot cook a poptart

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Three Olives posted:

8-10 trillion what exactly? Dinars? Zimbabwe dollars?

How much does the taxi/rideshare industry make currently? I wouldn’t imagine robo taxis are going to make much more than that even if you’re a automatic driver true believer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

gay picnic defence posted:

8-10 trillion what exactly? Dinars? Zimbabwe dollars?

How much does the taxi/rideshare industry make currently? I wouldn’t imagine robo taxis are going to make much more than that even if you’re a automatic driver true believer.

It's one of those Venture Capitalist claims where they'll totally disrupt and replace [PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION] with THEIR startup if it gets invested. Please invest a lot... :ohdear:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's one of those Venture Capitalist claims where they'll totally disrupt and replace [PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION] with THEIR startup if it gets invested. Please invest a lot... :ohdear:

Even then it doesn’t stand up to even the most cursory scrutiny, like how are you going to fit all those extra cars on the road? If the selling point is that your car can make you money while you sleep how many fares are you actually going to get in the middle of the night when everyone else’s car is doing the same thing?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Segway will change human cities

The Bible
May 8, 2010
Probation

gay picnic defence posted:

Even then it doesn’t stand up to even the most cursory scrutiny, like how are you going to fit all those extra cars on the road? If the selling point is that your car can make you money while you sleep how many fares are you actually going to get in the middle of the night when everyone else’s car is doing the same thing?

Better adopt early!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Amphigory posted:

I've test driven a car with video camera side mirrors and it's loving horrible

The lack of sense of depth and the screen locations make it a very odd experience

I'm sure you'd eventually get used to it, but it is a much poorer experience than actual mirrors

interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Do not mock the Segway it didn’t kill anyone like Elon’s death machines

Except the inventor of Segway but yeah