Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Platystemon posted:

He’s paid in horses.

How many horses do you think he has to give Elon per inch of boot leather guzzled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Doge guy is 100% a Twitter employee, right? I thought that was revealed the other day.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Musk pays for tons of these guys

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

redshirt posted:

Doge guy is 100% a Twitter employee, right? I thought that was revealed the other day.

His exact status is probably something weird and stupid, but Musk definitely feeds him insider information so that Doge can manufacture the shittiest memes and charts.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Something awful probations up 100% from this time last year!!
:2monocle:

-Goon Designer

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Heath posted:

Can someone post Elon's insanely lovely Elden Ring build. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNLvlFb-7DQ

I think it's important to note that Elon's original build is limited to 5 spells because he only found a handful of memory stones, they're found in big obvious towers but require basic puzzle solving to unlock.

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 30, 2024

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

poisonpill posted:

Erm uh ehhh ah the uhhhh bounce is uhhhh an order of magnitude higher when ermm uhhhhhh ah, you see what a lot of people don’t get about portals is uh erm uhhh

poetry, sir!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Thoughtless posted:

I keep asking myself if the Doge guy is a true believer (which at this point seems like it'd require pretty severe brain damage) or if he's just sucking up to Musk in the vain hope that he'll toss a casual million or two his way. Because of course he would, right? Doge man has always been loyal and a million is nothing to Sir Musk!

he's like Kuato from Total Recall, that's why Musk is so weirdly shaped

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

redgubbinz posted:

he's like Kuato from Total Recall, that's why Musk is so weirdly shaped

...start...the....reactor.....

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Thank

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Good lols here laying out how Tesla in china is kind of screwed even with them permitting FSD there

https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-cant-solve-teslas-china-crisis-with-his-desperate-asia-visit/

The kicker is how he blew off another authoritarian shithead (Modi) who probably would have benefitted the company more to open the India market vs trying to expand china where they are already falling way behind other manufacturers.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah but the stock went up so suck it nerd!

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Thoughtless posted:

I keep asking myself if the Doge guy is a true believer (which at this point seems like it'd require pretty severe brain damage) or if he's just sucking up to Musk in the vain hope that he'll toss a casual million or two his way. Because of course he would, right? Doge man has always been loyal and a million is nothing to Sir Musk!

He works for him. He has a job that is owned by one of his companies

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

priznat posted:

Good lols here laying out how Tesla in china is kind of screwed even with them permitting FSD there

https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-cant-solve-teslas-china-crisis-with-his-desperate-asia-visit/

The kicker is how he blew off another authoritarian shithead (Modi) who probably would have benefitted the company more to open the India market vs trying to expand china where they are already falling way behind other manufacturers.
Tesla is absolutely not going to be able to compete with those $20-30K electric vehicles that Chinese companies are putting out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

He’s literally the personal memester to Elon Musk

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

coconono posted:

He’s literally the personal memester to Elon Musk

Elon musk is always followed by three guys: the guy who is always making the worst memes you've ever seen, the guy who prints them out and hands them over to musk, and the guy who says "Great meme, sir, you truly are the meme lord"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

lol owned

https://twitter.com/Jalopnik/status/1784971549793272068

quote:

According to Murillo, in his five years at Tesla, he moved from an entry-level Production Associate role to Lead Production Associate and eventually Production Supervisor. Also, with a 90-minute commute each way, in 2023, he apparently started sleeping in his car, showering at the factory and microwaving his dinners on days that he was working.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

and microwaving his dinners on days that he was working.

doesn't this kind of idiocy usually involve a workplace that caters food or has a cafeteria on site?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Still love the company

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm surprised they left an unsupervised microwave at a building where Elon could have run into it

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

quote:

5:00am I usually check my emails while on my autopilot commute to work (1hr 30min drive) Email read: “Unfortunately as a result, your position has been eliminated by this restructuring.”

gently caress you, get laid off harder you irresponsible loving dipshit.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Should've slept on the factory floor, dummy

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

redshirt posted:

Still love the company

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

doesn't this kind of idiocy usually involve a workplace that caters food or has a cafeteria on site?

If Elon would tear all that out of Twitter, I doubt he would permit it at Tesla. Probably some poo poo about seeing people talking and eating meaning they're not coding or something.

Plus saving money and general cruelty.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i wonder if musk even eats for pleasure , like he seems like the soylent creator and would be very beepboop about The Caloric Input and how its wasted time coding having drugs administered and scrolling and stealing le epic memes

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If Elon would tear all that out of Twitter, I doubt he would permit it at Tesla. Probably some poo poo about seeing people talking and eating meaning they're not coding or something.

He runs his companies different, I know that SpaceX has employee cafeterias and free snacks in the break room and everything else you need to work 14 hours a day, 6-7 days a week moving fast and breaking things because you're fatigued out of your mind.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I mean sure it's obvious how elon isn't going to pay for it, it's the decision to do it anyway that's ... impressive. Usually this type of story comes up with someone that parks their van on site, then makes use of unlimited cooked food, game rooms, and nap rooms at the workplace, and everyone recognizes that's still unhinged behavior. Doing the same while still having to nuke the grocery store burritos you paid for is another level.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

PhazonLink posted:

i wonder if musk even eats for pleasure , like he seems like the soylent creator and would be very beepboop about The Caloric Input and how its wasted time coding having drugs administered and scrolling and stealing le epic memes

How dare you.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595956011210182656?t=XNLEUwXtwfjg_CbdWSPHuw&s=19

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PhazonLink posted:

Excuse me, Elon is on record as being perfectly capable of enjoying delightful symphonies of flavor

e: gently caress

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

steinrokkan posted:

Elon musk is always followed by three guys: the guy who is always making the worst memes you've ever seen, the guy who prints them out and hands them over to musk, and the guy who says "Great meme, sir, you truly are the meme lord"

eh, it's a livin'.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'm mean im sure chef Enrique putting a traditional american Tday dinner in a blender and then pouring down a funnel counts as a (one note) symphony

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

tfw the symphony of flavour is delightful

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Tesla is absolutely not going to be able to compete with those $20-30K electric vehicles that Chinese companies are putting out.
Even if they could it doesn't matter, they'd get shoved out of the market as soon as they got a domestic competitor going.

Also their obsession with FSD means a lot less in countries with functional public transportation infrastructure.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

OneEightHundred posted:

domestic competitor

BYD isn't?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Scam Likely posted:

We walked by a parked CYBRTRUk. Of course it had "To the moon" stickers all over it.

"Where's it being towed?" was the first thing that came out of my mouth.

I'm glad they're realizing that Musk's promises of going to Mars were too far-reaching, at least.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

MrQwerty posted:

BYD isn't?

I think they're talking about domestic in the context of the US.

BYD sells an extremely limited quantity of commercial trucks in California because of the insane tax scams there. Sell an electric garbage truck for $400,000 and the taxpayers subsidize $120,000 of that, so of course BYD and everyone else are going to overprice it, knowing buyers are factoring the discount. That's probably all that makes it worth the hassle for BYD.

But for normal sedans, I don't think BYD can sell that $10k car in the US without it becoming $30k after meeting the high safety requirements and tariffs, and at that point you could get a Nissan Leaf.

However, domestic US makers like say, Ford, can roll up and own Tesla any day now. The Cybertruck will not a million years outsell the F-150 Lightning, for example. It already lost.

edit:

Biggest problem in the US is still that people in apartment buildings have no way to charge these overnight. Prices can come down, charging times and range can still increase, but there's no easy workaround for being poo poo outta luck if you're in an apartment with street parking.

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Apr 30, 2024

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

WhyteRyce posted:

lol owned

quote:
According to Murillo, in his five years at Tesla, he moved from an entry-level Production Associate role to Lead Production Associate and eventually Production Supervisor. Also, with a 90-minute commute each way, in 2023, he apparently started sleeping in his car, showering at the factory and microwaving his dinners on days that he was working.

https://twitter.com/Jalopnik/status/1784971549793272068

man that is really fuckin sad

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

crispix posted:

man that is really fuckin sad

Right? Love or hate Tesla, this guy poured his heart into a company that he believed in and was cast aside like a child bored with their toy. No one, not musk or management gives a gently caress about him or the extra work and sacrifices he took.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
We still never got to hear what happened with the goon sleeping in their car to work longer hours at their Smart Mattress company, that was poetic lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Elon walking around the factory floor at 2am, seeing employees sleeping under their workstations

"Look at these lazy asses, they're all fired"