Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm guessing one of the big motivators for this is that he had over $20 billion of bonus compensation from the tesla board for the company hitting certain stock targets recently, and if he takes that money/stock he's gotta pay tax on it because it becomes income.

but if he immediately buys twitter and then the share price falls again (which it will eventually), he can write most of that off as a loss to offset the taxes. and in the end he still gets to own twitter and can ban anyone who makes fun of him or advocates for unions, and that stuff can fly under the radar if he unbans trump to act as a lightning rod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I unironically cannot wait to hear about killary's emails in 2023-2024 from our big orange boy on twitter

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Mr. Musk, tear down this website!

No not this one! That one. The website you just bought.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I feel like everyone forgot Snapchat.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Tim Whatley posted:

He will unban Trump and it will directly lead to him being reelected so good job everybody

He is going to unban trump isn't he oh my God

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of which

lol. Not much but it's a start, let's make it -40%, my stonks be damned.

I was very drunk the other week and though for like two seconds that maybe, just maybe, against better judgement, I should at least consider buying a Tesla Model 3...

https://twitter.com/Phylan/status/1517507755162148864

Just imagine believing that not only is this a financially sound business, it is one of the most valuable companies on earth.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hahahaha

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Three Olives posted:

I was very drunk the other week and though for like two seconds that maybe, just maybe, against better judgement, I should at least consider buying a Tesla Model 3...

Just imagine believing that not only is this a financially sound business, it is one of the most valuable companies on earth.

My wife almost got hit the other day because a self driving Telsa went straight in a left turn only lane.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

It was nice not having to hear about trump every single day, but I guess that's over now because we can't have nice things.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Elon aggressively claiming tweets and peoples wives.

https://twitter.com/MajorDcps/status/1518676616783802378?s=20&t=krPp2PD-qfx0wHsysgWWKw

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
He's clearly not buying Twitter because he wants to make money. He has smarter things to invest in for that. Which is why it's so scary. He has nefarious reasons for it. Expect right wing nonsense to completely dominate Twitter in under a year. Especially anti labor union rhetoric.

Also reminder

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1518658931878502400?t=Kf4YXxItws5ExqxKKkU8Mg&s=19

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

EorayMel posted:

Also I have always had twitter embeds disabled on something awful and the percentage of posts that are just mind-numbing lines of pale blue URLs is almost saddening

Yeah sometimes I find myself scrolling past a sea of wario64 affiliate links and, in a panic, I tap the first blue link I see that doesn't have wario64 in the url.

It's always someone with an anime or animal avatar named something like "bemused but concentrated alligator" going "THREAD here is why you should NEVER shop at aldi... 1/231"

"...and like I didn't even have a quarter to get a cart... 19/231"

"...they make you bag your own groceries... 38/231"

"...and that's why Texas banned abortions! 231/231"

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
lol at Nunes who resigned to lead trump’s big new social media company who will 100% be dumped when trump runs back to Twitter

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

I hope we get busier and don't give me that this website is dying thing

It has been but gently caress Twitter now hardcore

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Booty Pageant posted:

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/1517215293722054656

remember there are reports that chelsea manning and grimes are banging

Chelsea Manning has been slowly growing on me ngl

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Blooster posted:

He's clearly not buying Twitter because he wants to make money. He has smarter things to invest in for that. Which is why it's so scary. He has nefarious reasons for it. Expect right wing nonsense to completely dominate Twitter in under a year. Especially anti labor union rhetoric.

Also reminder

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1518658931878502400?t=Kf4YXxItws5ExqxKKkU8Mg&s=19

It is exactly this, he believes his own propaganda where he's a visionary entrepreneur explorer hacker, like some lovely 90s sci fi novel, and wants to buy political clout.

Which IMO should be a crime on its own; stand for election or gently caress off

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
everyone here is very mean aboutr Elon but he's not all bad. For example, He's doubling my bitcoins for me... don't see ant goons doing that.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

Remember the Model 3 was supposed to be 35k lol. Still it would be a pretty decent deal if I could get it for this amount here. The FSD is a straight-up scam obviously.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

EorayMel posted:

Also I have always had twitter embeds disabled on something awful and the percentage of posts that are just mind-numbing lines of pale blue URLs is almost saddening

Why? It's a really easy way to share a news story complete with an image, a headline, brief summary, and a link to the article. Would you rather they be random links to news sites and with missing all of that?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i don't know much about the man but i'll say he is probably pretty drat smart to make all that money.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

So how fast is Twitter going to turn into a Nazi message board?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Blooster posted:

Why? It's a really easy way to share a news story complete with an image, a headline, brief summary, and a link to the article. Would you rather they be random links to news sites and with missing all of that?

Why *not* :colbert:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
e: eh

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/kimpossiblefact/status/1518698032518209536

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Everyone should post about how Elon Musk eats farts.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

You Are A Elf posted:

$44 billion in cash. Think of all the good that could have been used on fighting homelessness and poverty, funding schools and hospitals, providing food for the masses, and making the world a much better place for humanity in general.

But no. Some rich dumb rear end in a top hat uses it to buy a social media platform because his fee fees got hurt. Eat the rich.

Hasn't he failed upwards at every job he ever had? Didn't PayPal force him out because he was such a lovely business man? Weren't there stories of Teslas rotting away in parking lots and even randomly catching fire?

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 26, 2022

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
He wants to be Lowtax so badly, but not in the same way we all want him to be Lowtax

Gunmuffins
Dec 5, 2003
Vaginamite Rave

Carwash oval office posted:

For people from the future, here are the 2 events that led to the end of this era of history:
1. Obama making fun of Trump in a standup routine.
2. A teen posting where Elons plane was on Twitter and refusing to stop.

Everything that happens around 2025 was directly connected to these 2 events.0

:captainpop:

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

I can't tell if this is for or against musk. I would have assumed that garrison would support his fellow shitbag.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
didn't think Twitter could get any worse but lmao

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

pro starcraft loser posted:

negative 12 years or so.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

pro starcraft loser posted:

i remember the same argument made when fyad was brought back, it was funny then too

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Need a Twitter refugee thread.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Reminder that Elon Musk is really into Dark Enlightenment and he believes that a malicious artificial intelligence will torture him eternally in a gorillion simulated universes if he doesn’t create it in the past.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

but if he immediately buys twitter and then the share price falls again (which it will eventually), he can write most of that off as a loss to offset the taxes.

Why do you think his cost basis would be higher than the theoretical lower share price?

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Free speech eh? Well unblock me then elon you loving coward.

Seriously though why is everything just ridiculous now? I just don't get it.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Adolf Glitter posted:

Seriously though why is everything just ridiculous now? I just don't get it.

I'm a logical person. Always been an atheist, realize we are just the most evolved apes
Lives are meaningless, universe probably full of life because we are here but marooned due to the vastness between etc

But it seems like something loving happened

And life got really weird
Starting I don't know around trump's election it doesn't have to be that but around that time.

???
Makes me wonder a tiny bit

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Is this step one in his plan for presidency?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol that he’ll probably make all his money back by using twitter posts to move markets and use his ownership of twitter as some end-run around the agreement he entered into with the SEC. Hopefully everyone will just abandon twitter immediately (but he’ll, they should have don’t that already and look where we are)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Spinz posted:

I'm a logical person. Always been an atheist, realize we are just the most evolved apes
Lives are meaningless, universe probably full of life because we are here but marooned due to the vastness between etc

But it seems like something loving happened

And life got really weird
Starting I don't know around trump's election it doesn't have to be that but around that time.

???
Makes me wonder a tiny bit

Turns out reality was never real, it's just a collapsed wavefront created from human observation.