Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

Preferred when I read that as his dad pushing him down the stairs.

Understood it the same at first, and it was the first time I felt a measure of respect for any Musk family member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I remember Musk telling his first wife shortly after their wedding that she was a "starter wife" and that he would ditch her when he could find an upgrade.

Also his obsession with having only sons

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sophy Wackles posted:

But what if Musk is secretly assembling Tesla batteries in his emerald mines using an army of child slaves?

Impossible, Musk has bred the child slaves working in his emerald death mines into a race of mole people who are deathly afraid of fire so they are useless in dealing with Teslas

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Regardless of the market price, isn't Twitter a money burning machine with no realistic way of making profit? Or has that changed?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bogus Adventure posted:

This is peak performance:

He's morphing into Rudy Giuliani

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bogus Adventure posted:

My poop.

Don't ask me why.

How many horses has he "gifted" to you?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Today Donald Trump truly became President, god bless

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Plastic bag stuffed with spoiled cottage cheese

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

seriouslyu what's going on with that chest tho, that's some The Arrival poo poo I can't take it

He's got that beautiful Donald trump forward heavy figure and posture

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I mean Apple keeps on making products, but I don't think anybody thinks about them as innovative or particularly cool anymore, it's just interchangeable stuff that's the same as any other brand, but shinier and hasn't changed in like 10 years. When was the last time they made something that actually made waves, a new iPhone, iPod or even iPad?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I've never had a phone that didn't "just work" just as well as any iPhone, and I've owned two different Windows Mobile phones including some kind of ASUS abomination controlled with a stylus, it still did its job without any issues. The "it just works" mantra is something I've only ever heard from people who choose to be technically illiterate to the extreme as some kind of statement, i.e. refuse to read tooltips or even press buttons, then complain that nothing works and they tried literally nothing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tsfh1GNvpQ

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

GABA ghoul posted:

Still thinking about that musk body. Do you guys think it's waxed?

I believe it naturally produces a thick coating of a substance that could be described as such, yes

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Not as smooth as the lobes of people who are still running that joke to the ground

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Stex T posted:

Maybe that's just the default body type for people who say dumb things on the internet.

For example:

I mean Alex Jones is fat, but he has some muscle tone and color, he doesn't look like a particularly lumpy dead blobfish

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He takes them on a ride in a Tesla for the implication

That the longer they resist the greater the risk they'll burn alive

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Laopooh posted:

Oh man I literally just traveled from one end of Sao Paulo to the other on a beautifully maintained and operated public transportation "tube" for 86 United States cents but what I really wish is that I could've taken a trip in Apartheid Clyde's bazinga tunnel for stupid soy face morons with smelly butts

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1479153917749600257?t=2q-TmV9Q3Lgkgt0RJFcTPw&s=19

PS: He is in not in any way smart, a keen businessman, or even a nerd. He's a lovely rear end in a top hat rich kid with a duh face and I hope he eats poop

Just Add One More Tube and that will solve traffic forever

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Tired: Hack the planet
Wired: Funge the planet

Party Ape posted:

Remember the time that Musk kramered into the Thai cave situation with a sub that wouldn't fit in the cave then when the guy who actually saved all the kids said his idea wasn't helpful he called him a pedoguy then paid his lawyer enough money to get him to convince a jury that pedoguy wasn't an insult.

That's not the guy that is going to take humanity to Mars.

Really the most hilarious thing about that, in retrospect, is that the accused guy hired loving Lin Wood, the batshit insane Q-anon "lawyer" to represent him.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pennsylvanian posted:

I've never seen him look the same in two pictures. There's always at least one difference like one of those Highlights picture puzzles.

His appearance probably mostly depends on what cocktail of drugs he's on at any given moment.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Cool, Elon is now on par with trump for brain melting and general cognitive deterioration, except he totally lacks Diaper Don's unwitting wit and posting spirit.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Harminoff posted:

I imagine that Elon actually had a set prepared as he did say he wanted to get into standup. Now I'm curious what those "jokes" would have been.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

goatface posted:

Probably just that the number of CPUs in the world is growing faster than the number of humans. Which is so banal it's almost an anti-take.

Makes u think compute

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

I think they might be finally making... at least one of them?

That looks like a kid tried to make a car frame out of scaffolding in his dad's garage

Elon musk, bringing back pre-Fordian car design philosophy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Most people go to Twitter to see how many megabytes of tweets they can download per minute and compare the figures, completely agnostic to the content, hm yes

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Replace all tweets with Lorem ipsum to bring Twitter to its full potential

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You know what, I miss the salad days of crying laughing emoji spam, before "we need to Marshall the proles into forced breeding programs"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

pixaal posted:

So the project exits prior to the gates opening and is taking place, it's a multi-generation thing it's expected to still take hundreds of years no one alive is expected to see it complete. It basically get shitcanned when the gates open because why the gently caress are we terraforming this when there's thousands of planets with perfect biospheres open?

It likely was actually on track to be completed in a few hundred years. It was very much scrapped entirely during the course of the books and still talked about as if it is going to happen though.

If Elon is such a genius, why doesn't he simply open one of these gates to a perfectly habitable planet you speak of, instead of terraforming Mars?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AARD VARKMAN posted:

soon to be a nice short 4000 characters

All forms of written word on the internet are converging on the format of long-winded mommy-blogger recipes, and it's cursed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
My pathway to profitability is to transition Twitter into a 100% metaverse exclusive experience.

I'll take my billion, Elon.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hell even if you just used Twitter why would you over YouTube or twitch. Both of which are much much better for longer form content

One of the first things musk did was to start fishing for popular video makers to migrate to Twitter by offering them a higher percentage of monetised earnings than YouTube or twitch. Of course a genius of musk's caliber isn't concerned that 100% of 0 is still 0.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I hate it when I pay for my groceries in cash and it takes until the next day for the money to disappear from my wallet, ugh

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Imo Elon musk should issue mod challenges to every poster who displeases him, those always work out and are fondly remembered.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I like how Elon crafted dozens of non-mad posts about a tweeter being mean to him and his jet, but the loss of 600billion of mostly other people's money can be dealt with in a single snarky remark.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Baby Jesus, this year for Christmas I want Elon musk to post pictures of himself eating instant Mac and cheese for Christmas dinner, alone in a dimly lit room, alongside a divorced screed about how he is actually glad to be abandoned by everyone because at least he doesn't have to deal with all the haters and losers

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

E the Shaggy posted:

Tesla's stock drop had me curious how it compares to other car companies.

How the hell is it worth so much more than Ford and General Motors? It's more than both of them put together!

The same reason bitcoin was worth so much money

The government printed infinite money and it all went to feed bubbles of meme stocks and novelty fun bucks. Only losers believe in fundamentals, the future is all about sweet get rich schemes, baby!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MrQwerty posted:

I guess we know who Elon is backing for RNC chair

Mike Pillows, the ground director of the first manned Mars mission

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"Elon musk way born with doodoo for brains" - Stephen Hawking, The Universe in a Nutshell, 2001

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He's protecting those social media sites from assassination, obviously

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Is this the coup de grace je posted about? Turning Twitter into virtual north Korea ruled by a dumber and uglier psycho dictator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

sorry i'll try to be more factual in my super serious posts in the future

Please do, Elon musk is relying on this thread for business ideas to keep the flame of civilization alight.