Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Hopefully everyone on twitter will make this their profile pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Lol that he’ll probably make all his money back by using twitter posts to move markets and use his ownership of twitter as some end-run around the agreement he entered into with the SEC. Hopefully everyone will just abandon twitter immediately (but he’ll, they should have don’t that already and look where we are)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

Elon fanboy makes art, people share it without crediting him, fanboy complains even though Elon outright said people should stop crediting artists.

Wow, big surprise that guy who became famous for buying other peoples’ inventions is really upset with creators getting credit

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

MasterSitsu posted:

"Over 15 years I became the richest man in the world but I assume everyone else changed"

It’s hard to handle this fortune and fame,
Everybody’s so different but I haven’t changed…

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Wow, your indifference is so cool :rolleyes:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Taking credit for things he didn’t create is p much Elon’s M.O.

E. Also,

Shinjobi posted:

Absolutely owned, lmao

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/17/tech/spacex-letter-musk-firing/index.html

quote:

Private rocket company SpaceX fired at least five employees after it found they had drafted and circulated a letter criticizing founder Elon Musk and urging executives to make the firm's culture more inclusive, two people familiar with the matter said.

[…]

SpaceX President Gwynne Shotwell sent an email saying the company had investigated and "terminated a number of employees involved" with the letter, the New York Times said.

The newspaper said Shotwell's email said employees involved with circulating the letter had been fired for making other staff feel "uncomfortable, intimidated and bullied, and/or angry because the letter pressured them to sign onto something that did not reflect their views".

[…]

Shotwell, who leads much of the company's day-to-day business, has said she will enforce SpaceX's "zero tolerance" standards against employee harassment.

:thunk:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Lmao that face

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

bobjr posted:

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1539646351595782144?s=20&t=tueR6EISDQmgrrJbsGMGbw

Wonder if they'll do another presentation with a person in a suit.

How’s the tunnel to nowhere going? How about that cyber truck? Both of these things are simply iterations of something that their respective companies already do, yet they are delayed and unfinished.

Meanwhile, they want people to believe they’ve got a full on humanoid robot ready to pop in a few months? Lmao

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

As they say, you are entitled to all the justice you can afford in America

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It's pretty on the money because all that stuff was a strictly worse version of other devices out there that people oriented their whole identity around pretending didn't exist

The Zune Defender has logged on

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

JuiceOne posted:

Someone had said he looked like a Liefeld drawing so I whipped this up.

This didn’t get enough love (just like Elon and his kids)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

What's so hard to understand about what I said?

We’re all having a hard time figuring out the point of your bloviated ramblings.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm arguing that a dystopia can't be rightwing unless they discriminate based on race, gender, and religion. In Gattaca, they use DNA to discriminate based on a person's health, not their race, gender, or religion. Discriminating based on health is what rightwingers think a far left government would do whereas rightwingers care more about race, gender, and religion than physical health.

So you just made all of this bullshit up in your head and are parading it around as if it is a fact, gotcha.

E. Like, if anything, wouldn’t a “left wing” dystopia (I mean I don’t see why a dystopia has to be classified on a political basis but whatever) be more akin to Vonnegut’s short story “Harrison Bergeron” where everyone in the future is forced to be “equal”, such that athletic people are forced to wear weights, beautiful people have to wear masks, smart people have their thoughts randomly interrupted by implanted radios, etc.?

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 22, 2022

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

The covered up feet is :kiss:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Lol that it was definitely going to drive into the back of that dump truck

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

“Heh, see I can be light hearted” *just got terrible news regarding the likely outcome of this stupid lawsuit that is all my fault*

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Sophy Wackles posted:

Pretty sure Elon is going to be forced to buy Twitter and it will immediately go to $100/share and he will be richer than ever and hailed as the greatest business genius of all time.

Note to self: buy twitter shares

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I didn’t think anyone worse than the Glazers could own ManU but there ya go

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Spaceships =/ rocket science

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Collapsing Farts posted:

He built a rocket with his own hands, using nothing more than a box of scraps!!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

*caulk the wagon*

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I see we’re at or nearing the puppet master stage of this process

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Durzel posted:

I'm leaning towards this all being a delaying tactic.

Wow, ya think?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Tweet deleted for violating rules lmao

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

B-Rock452 posted:

he spent millions having a developer make a video game where he visits her in heaven.

Wanna play this; link?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Aramis posted:

He didn't give a single poo poo about what was happening in Ukraine until he he bought Putin's Nuclear bluff hook, line, and sinker. That's probably all there is to it.

More likely the cost of energy to run the Tesla plant in Germany went up and he wanted Putin to give him a cost break in exchange for tweeting support for Russia, and Elon was dumb enough to do it with no actual assurances from Putin

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I was gonna say, didn’t MacGregor implode recently and been shooting like a meteor back to earth?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Hopefully the SEC actually does something this time instead of letting him openly manipulate the market again

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Aren’t we all?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

goatface posted:

I hear that he had himself cloned a few times so he could harvest their testicles for implanting to increase his fertility.

I heard that he cloned himself so he could suck his own dick. He said it tastes p great, btw

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

4d chess folks

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

You know how everyone bought one of those mini NES/SNES/Genesis consoles, played with them for an hour, spent 6 hours cramming ROMs onto them, then just left them in a closet or something?

Same idea

Are the ROMs the kids and the mothers the raspberry pi in this methaphor?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

No way they’d let some random idiot be boss just because he has the most money invested…

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Lol what a rube

https://twitter.com/TechEmails/status/1585804677588787200?s=20&t=A6iTAUZAucL-l-H7ZXsZ4Q

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Bleusilences posted:

Maybe he will finally take care of his thousands kids if it happens.

quick edit: I know he wont but I still wish it happens, for the sake of his kids.

For the sake of his kids, I hope he’s not involved in their lives. His dad impregnated his stepsister for god’s sake; these are not normal people

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I don’t think dying in a fire would be “cool,” so to speak

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Billionaire shown to be complete rube who failed upwards, and more, tonight on Fox5 (which is just a collection of other peoples’ tweets being read in a weird “ending on a high pitch” voice by middle-aged attractive newscaster)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Stex T posted:

ENGINEER #1: If we can agree on anything, gentleman, it is that people shouldn’t poo poo their pants.
ENGINEER #2: Yes.
ENGINEER #3: Of course.
ENGINEER #4: Who would possibly contest such a fact?
ELON MUSK: ... but what if ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Jestery posted:

Lol

Twitter is worth less to me than one of those massive frappes

Like if you asked me would you rather pay $8 for a frappe that obliterates twitter I would gladly drink it

Hell, I don’t even pay for the news; you think I’m gonna pay for someone’s opinion on the news?