Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
i'm also a member on some more "everything goes" forums like 4chan, and i have to admit the moderation can feel a bit heavy handed here at times. but it's a double edged sword. SA isn't great in my mind for drunken shitposting, but I know when I come here I can usually expect a decently intelligent discussion on all kinds of stuff. it's also neat that people skew way older here. alot of other places like reddit it kind of weirds me out when i realize i'm posting with teenagers, and i sort of doubt there's anyone younger than 30 left here.

in short, this is where i come when i'm eating dinner and want to read something interesting and not just lol at meme's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I'm bad at changing my habits and I can come here and fire off a quick shitpost when I feel stressed or look at a couple cute animals or laugh at someone getting kicked in the nuts or w/e it's all just a click away

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

basically, I keep coming back to SA because i haven't killed myself yet.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Hell Yeah posted:

Hell yeah

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

I'm STILL waiting for someone to tell me where da moviez at?!?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The posts start at the top of the screen and end at the bottom and there's usually enough of them to kill some time reading.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
the cryptic messages from qanon embedded in every post

i have one of those big walls with images on it and red strings connecting them. i smoke a lot of cigarettes, drink a lot of coffee, and try to put together the next clue along with the posts

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
It’s an app on my phone that I’m addicted to.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Also I love you all

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

there's an SA app? WTF?

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
It's the only website my browser will load.

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007

ellasmith posted:

there's an SA app? WTF?

Yeah, it's got timers and all sorts of bullshit currencies though. Get this: you have to pay to post!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i've got tons of aces recommendations for everything from books to movies to games from goons. i really like all the obscure knowledge too on random poo poo. and it's pretty funny sometimes.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

this also

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hell Yeah posted:

Saalkin posted:

Hell yeah

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Hell Yeah posted:

:emptyquote:

This is one of the smartest and most unique corners of the internet. Rock stars, world leaders, tech gods, and a whole bunch of incredibly crazy and funny people still roam these forums after 20+ years. Where else would I go?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Vampire Panties posted:

Where else would I go?

Have you tried Skullmund.com, op?

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I come back because you are all my family.

Loves and kisses.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Vampire Panties posted:

:emptyquote:

This is one of the smartest and most unique corners of the internet. Rock stars, world leaders, tech gods, and a whole bunch of incredibly crazy and funny people still roam these forums after 20+ years. Where else would I go?

who are the rock stars, world leaders, and tech gods posting here?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

ellasmith posted:

who are the rock stars, world leaders, and tech gods posting here?

Turn off your monitor :tipshat:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

ellasmith posted:

i'm also a member on some more "everything goes" forums like 4chan, and i have to admit the moderation can feel a bit heavy handed here at times. but it's a double edged sword. SA isn't great in my mind for drunken shitposting, but I know when I come here I can usually expect a decently intelligent discussion on all kinds of stuff. it's also neat that people skew way older here. alot of other places like reddit it kind of weirds me out when i realize i'm posting with teenagers, and i sort of doubt there's anyone younger than 30 left here.

in short, this is where i come when i'm eating dinner and want to read something interesting and not just lol at meme's.

because this is the best place on the internet op and has been since the early 2000s.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I paid $10 for this.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

everywhere else sucks worse

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

but really, people here are pretty funny and pretty chill compared to pretty much any other large-ish social media, and the moderation is pretty good.

it's either here, or retreat into small obscure discords

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Devils Affricate posted:

Turn off your monitor :tipshat:

thank you goonsir :tipshat:

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

but really, people here are pretty funny and pretty chill compared to pretty much any other large-ish social media, and the moderation is pretty good.

it's either here, or retreat into small obscure discords

what's your avatar from?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I enjoined myself in a dark pact for mod powers and I can never leave

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ellasmith posted:

what's your avatar from?

a lucasarts adventure game called Loom

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Have you tried Skullmund.com, op?

Thank you, I was unaware Da Share Zone had a forum

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Saalkin posted:

Hell yeah

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Bad Purchase posted:

a lucasarts adventure game called Loom

oh, maybe i should try that. i really enjoyed the monkey island games and full throttle.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

There are a lot of differing opinions here that really drive engagement and the Ukraine threads are the best places for information about the war

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

There are a lot of differing opinions here that really drive engagement and the Ukraine threads are the best places for information about the war

i'm boutta drive this engagement right up UR rear end

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in

Treecko posted:

I'm bad at changing my habits

But really because every other forum is worse. SA has fewer assholes and more funny people than anywhere else on the information superhighway and it also suits my socialest politics.

And the pig balls never hurt I guess.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i like to post with my friends who are all on SA

except all the ones who arent cause they got banned ):

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I started coming here when I was 15 and I'm terrified of change

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I’ve laughed more here at the absolute dumbest poo poo possible than anywhere else on the series of tubes.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Kind of like how I always grew up on Windows which is why I never use a Mac I started with something awful and have always enjoyed it so I kind of just stick to it I don't even touch Reddit

This place is actually a great resource for information not only on the Ukraine Russia conflict but also while Trump was president these forums were so goddamn funny plus all the Photoshop threads and all the funny poo poo because that's kind of how this place was designed keeps me coming back

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I never left since 2001. just stayed in my own corners.

separate the human from the poster. drama about anything that is not criminal/ abuse is something I could care less about.

I avoid negative black holes very quickly especially a lot of para-forum sites.

in other words; bless you all for your varied interests. just don't get weird .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)
I've been reading this website since I was 13 and posting on it since I was 17, I have nowhere else to go