Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I've been following birdie wing since the first week and have been feeling regularly stymied by the writing. like, yeah, the first arc was good, but every time they looked like they were going all in on ridiculous underground mafia golf, the story would start pulling back to eve loving around with aoi, learning sportsmanship and the love of the game and everything else i absolutely cannot give a gently caress about.

if I want someone being chipper about being a good person and a good sportsperson, I'll watch ted lasso.

and we get a wild ending to the mafia arc, and then immediately abandon it for my least favorite thing about anime: high school politics

like, you even look at the lineup of rivals in the OP, and it's rose and vipere and then a line of bitchy prep-school girls in polo shirts. ooh, terrifying. it's like getting five episodes into utena and finding out the next 34 episodes only feature nanami and clones thereof.

I'm still on board for the moment, having The Woman Who Only Hits Dingers have her mini-golf showdown was alright. but oh my god, i am so loving tired of anime where high schools and their fiddly bullshit are more important and/or powerful than national governments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU