Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
:asoiaf: Poor Rose indeed. But respect to the show for following thru and not pulling punches.

Has this been confirmed for 12 or 24 episodes? Or split over 2 seasons? Very much felt like it that was the end of Act 1 (out of 3) with Act 2 being the Japan/Aoi arc that starts next episode, then (I'm guessing) a final competition arc against final opponents hinted at in the opening credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bridie Wing this week is an actual honest to goodness High School sports anime this week. Any other series and this would be major tonal whip lash but Birdie Wing gonna Birdie Wing

They're just speed-running all the classic shonen settings. Next arc they'll be playing golf while riding around on motorbikes.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

There's no way Birdie Wing is finishing in three eps, I don't think half the characters from the op have even appeared yet.

Apparently (read on another forum) they haven't given an episode count for the show. I'm guessing somewhere between 20-26; it's a anime original (rare nowdays) so that would fit stretching it over 2 seasons.

Wouldn't be surprised if they're still working on the ending, hence not 100% on giving an exact figure out to public just yet.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Just watched this weeks episode twice on repeat. Eve's ikebo on the 2 timid girls was gold.

Considering they've previewed episode 11 as a training montage episode for the tournament arc I would speculate it's going straight across into the next season.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
First Reaction: Noice!

Second Reaction: Wait... does that say 33000 yen? Because currently Google tells me that's equal to 383.49 nzd. :dogstare:

Does it say how many episodes or total runtime? My Nihongo ain't so jouzu.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

Blu-rays being expensive is standard practice for Japan, yes. It's a set for the whole season, being episodes 1 to 13.

I was expecting it to be around 1/3 of that; given a series boxset for a show that debuted last year is around $65, thru official distributors here, so 6x that amount is a huge jump. Then again I did read (probably on these forums) that the standard business model is: figure out what the top 2% (whales) of the audience would pay, then add another 10%. Ultimately I find it confusing to obsess over pure profit for a product line that already has a super low manufacturing margin, like $1-2 dollars for a boxset, instead of trying to push as much volume as possible.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Japan's home video market has always been more of collectable market than more of a mass sales one. Plus it used to be that for most late night or non toy anime the money the series actually made was from Disc sales (Late Night TV time slots were just free ads) so that's actually gonna be reflect in costs compared to say a US TV series that made it's money on air and the home video release is just gravy on top. And of course Japan's media companies being greedy/overly controlling of the market

Now with streamimg/gacha/merch or manga DIsc sales mean less to the bottom line but that just means it's even more of a collector market so why reduce prices?

"A weeb and his money are easily parted." - Japanese business proverb

I get it. Will keep an eye out next year when/if it gets a release here at not-Japan pricing.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
Getting the thread back on track after my blu-ray chat, can someone explain to me why Saotome (Eve's caddy) stresses the last "su" syllable when she speaks? Saying dessssu instead of desu.

Feel it's a character element that's currently going over my head.

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

psyer posted:

Looks like they are going to try to milk this franchise.

They got to make money somehow. The link also mentions a Switch game but gives no further details about it; hopefully it won't be ¥33,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

Jan next year tho. :f5: