Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i am very happy to have a good footie anime after the disaster that was (imo) Days. Been reading the manga for years and it's honestly always great. Since first encountering it in Diamond no Ace, I've started to really like protagonists going to bigger clubs. It makes it possible for the sport itself to be more grounded and somewhat realistic.

In terms of recommendations, my absolute favorite sports anime is Big Windup/Ookiku Furikabutte. The relationship in the team and how they all personally develop is such a joy to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

nice emotional episode of Ao Ashi this week, gotta love the classic support from friends and family. Quite fitting for mother's day.

UnderFreddy fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 8, 2022

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

ao ashi still good, even if we're hitting what seems to be primarily a training arc.

Which is sorely needed for Ashito as he's technically worse than everyone else and his ability to predict the movements of other players seems way worse.

I find it interesting that the coaches think he can't go big because all he does is just instinct, but we know from the first episode that it isn't instinct and Ashito *can* articulate why he does what he does. It just doesn't come for him

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

the sex ghost posted:

Gotta say well done to ao ashi for being able to accurately depict the aesthetic beauty of something as simple as a football being competently trapped and distributed.

Also that feeling of exhilaration when you realise that the training has paid off and you can do [thing] automatically, brought me right back to football training when I was at school 100 years ago. 'If you figure it out yourself, you'll never forget it' is a really nice line.

agreed, very happy about having a somewhat serious/realistic manga about the sport, made for people who know a bit about it.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

you watch the game, you don't see ashito. You watch Ashito, you see the whole game. phwoar

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

gotta feel for Ashito. Noone wants to grow up to be Gary Neville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i guess they can't use real players likenesses in the anime? In the manga the "spanish international player" was just Xavi.