Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

as an artist one of my key job responsibilities is starving and that's kind of hard to do if i'm in the office getting paid 40 hours a week, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just rebrand it as intermittent fasting and don't ever stop talking about it

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Got the word tonight that we're going permanent remote.

This is unironically probably the best single piece of news about anything I've had in the past 4 years when I started my current job. I feel like I have retired at 35, or like I've gotten out of Shawshank, I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel.

gently caress you forever, office. I will not be going back, ever.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

It takes almost as long to put my gear on than it does to ride my motorcycle to work. I'm fully winning or I should just walk. But my brain likes brap brap zoom zoom simple brain. I used to ride my bicycle, when it gets nicer I'll probably do it again. Oddly it's better to ride the moto in poo poo weather I think.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 28, 2022

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Any job that can be done fully remote and doesn't offer it as an option is explicitly on the wrong side of history.

I love being able to take a break, go play some video games, watch a movie, take a shower, do chores, whatever. It's amazing for my creativity and patience.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Worked in the office yesterday - had a 50 minute commute, then spent half the day trying to chase down the people I was there to talk to, and had to poop in a bathroom that already smelled like poop.

Working from home today, it's not even 8 am and I'm further along with work than I was by noon yesterday. Plus I can poop in my own bathroom that smells slightly less like poop.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

My wife and I are both permanent work from home so we're going to move somewhere nicer. Praising going into an office is for chumps

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
I do building maintenance and it was cool as hell when everyone stayed home. For that first year, we had to do inspections of tenant suites and it was like their offices were frozen in time- cups left half full, stuff left out- the full abandoned building/ghost ship deal. It's been great and we're all pretty blase about the pandemic thing so we're not looking forward to dealing with people who have been at home getting freaked out about it (it's not all of the cube dwellers but there are germaphobes in every office who are really going to put us to task).

It's still startling to be bopping along and walk into a nest of office workers doing their thing. At least they are letting us in now- previously we were warded away with passive-aggressive signs and doom and gloom predictions of our fate should the unvaccinated tread past the lintel.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

I do building maintenance and it was cool as hell when everyone stayed home. For that first year, we had to do inspections of tenant suites and it was like their offices were frozen in time- cups left half full, stuff left out- the full abandoned building/ghost ship deal. It's been great and we're all pretty blase about the pandemic thing so we're not looking forward to dealing with people who have been at home getting freaked out about it (it's not all of the cube dwellers but there are germaphobes in every office who are really going to put us to task).

It's still startling to be bopping along and walk into a nest of office workers doing their thing. At least they are letting us in now- previously we were warded away with passive-aggressive signs and doom and gloom predictions of our fate should the unvaccinated tread past the lintel.

lol ok buddy

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I got something to say
I worked in an office today
And it doesn't matter much to me
As long as i get paid

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Work has more monitors and a cafeteria and people I like talking to. Sorry your job sucks so much poo poo you can’t imagine being there but that’s not everyone’s experience hth

Oh wow two monitors? What could adding a monitor in your home cost? Upwards of $130 dollars?

And your home has a cafeteria, it's called your kitchen. and a salad doesn't cost $13 there.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Work from home rules and I'll never get an office job again if I can avoid it. The additional time I get from not having to commute is time I can use cooking and working out instead. I can also eat lunch at home instead of having to pack myself a lunch or eat garbage. So I'm healthier in so many ways than I would be if I had to commute.

For the few people I like at work I can just have lunch or a beer or whatever with them on occasion and that suits me fine and feels like just enough social contact.

I can also gently caress off whenever I want if I'm done with my work for the day instead of having to sit there and pretend to be busy.

I honestly do not at all understand people that want to be in an office. The only way that makes sense to me is if they hate their family/kids and just need to get away for a while. That at least makes sense to me. I have colleagues who are like that. But otherwise? Why would you do that to yourself willingly

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

working from home means i can be on my PC by 7 am and done with the 90 minutes of work i need to do that day by 9 in the morning instead of finishing early at the office and trying to look busy for the next six hours

if you need 8 hours a day to do your white collar job you're probably doing it wrong

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
I can't work from home because I have stupid co-workers that become even more stupid if they work from home.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Its the leave and time off

But I guess thats not important anymore. Watch that vanish. moohahahaha

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

wot

you still get regular leave and time off when you wfh

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

boar guy posted:

wot

you still get regular leave and time off when you wfh

If WFH is normalised and you cant fight for that its loving gone

or reduced in some poo poo way

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

i don't understand this post

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

or reduced in some poo poo way

what do you mean. working from home is not some fairyland thing. they still have to make ADA accomodations, grant you PTO, jury duty and sick leave, etc.

it's like...real work

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

bitterandtwisted posted:

i don't understand this post

WFH as a normal idea across everyone who can WFH will obviously change what entitlements you currently have

Aaand you dont know what they are anyway so...

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

WFH as a normal idea across everyone who can WFH will obviously change what entitlements you currently have

nah

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

why would it?

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Because Im doing 5 days work and If I only "work" 4 days I still deserve 5 days pay.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Because Im doing 5 days work and If I only "work" 4 days I still deserve 5 days pay.

have you ever been on salary before

answering email for 30 minutes meets the definition of a full days' work, legally

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

each post you make makes less sense than the previous one

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

I see, you just don't want to lose access to the office kegerator...

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

boar guy posted:

have you ever been on salary before

answering email for 30 minutes meets the definition of a full days' work, legally

Yes, when I worked for a mining subsidiary.

Are most employed people? No.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Why would that be a thing? Yank my loving vacation days and benefits and I'll quit, easy as that. I earned that poo poo and it's a condition of my employment. You don't gently caress with people's poo poo like that.

If you are WFH and take vacation days, you just ignore any calls or emails. I don't loving exist if it's my time off as far as the employer is concerned.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

bitterandtwisted posted:

each post you make makes less sense than the previous one

Wrong

Jimlit posted:

I see, you just don't want to lose access to the office kegerator...

This has nothing to do with me personally

Im talking about your rights

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Youre just chosing to be angry and yell

Im saying when WFH becomes normal its going to be hosed with by employers

to your detriment

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i was partially on your side at the outset of this because i can empathize with people who don't want 100% wfh to some degree as well. but this is an insanely stupid take

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

to your detriment

that's not how any of this works

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

to your detriment

idk dude you seem like the angry one here. maybe give a reason why my employer would make my conditions worse due to my wfh, you seem to have forgotten to do that

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i was partially on your side at the outset of this because i can empathize with people who don't want 100% wfh to some degree as well. but this is an insanely stupid take

Oh please, if working from home is normal they are going to gently caress with sick leave

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

to your detriment

Ok sure but even so, they're already doing this in a million ways

and I'd rather poo poo in my own bathroom lol

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Oh please, if working from home is normal they are going to gently caress with sick leave

get this i work from home and last year they told me my pto wasn't gonna roll over to this year and i should take the time from christmas to new year's off to use it up and so i did

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Send a photo of you vomiting to hr@jopplace

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

boar guy posted:

get this i work from home and last year they told me my pto wasn't gonna roll over to this year and i should take the time from christmas to new year's off to use it up and so i did

drat, everyone stop fighting, this guy got it good.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Send a photo of you vomiting to hr@jopplace

The goblins at any company's HR department are so depraved and awful that I'm glad they have to look at gross vomit pictures, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Lol at the idea of not being so good at your job that your boss lets you take extra sick days and stuff just b/c you feel like it