Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

actually you keep your leftover cooking fats (animal) in a dripping container. you can either reuse it or eat it on bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

cowboy beepboop posted:

actually you keep your leftover cooking fats (animal) in a dripping container. you can either reuse it or eat it on bread.

My grandad used to do that with bacon fat, just spread it between two slices and make a sandwich out of it. I assumed it was a product of depression era living and I've never tried it but I do save my bacon fat for throwing in with vegetables I'm cooking or what have you.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

fast cars loose anus posted:

My grandad used to do that with bacon fat, just spread it between two slices and make a sandwich out of it. I assumed it was a product of depression era living and I've never tried it but I do save my bacon fat for throwing in with vegetables I'm cooking or what have you.

Schmaltz is a little better for this IMO but yeah, rendered fat on anything owns

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

fast cars loose anus posted:

I was told my great grandfather, who at this point was missing a lot of his teeth, would specifically ask for the fatty ends of pork chops so he could eat them like meat gum

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Raise your own geese because they produce the most amazing cooking fat. We ate one last Christmas and holy poo poo, we got at least a pint of the most beautiful rendered fat from him.

RIP Asymmetrical Fat Sacks

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

You can also just spend twenty quid on a goose from the shop and have the same effect. Soooo much oil

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i make skillet cornbread with bacon fat and it is yummy

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7098488639612603690

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Taint sizes are down nationwide

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
if your pediatrician is telling you your baby's height and weight percentiles, but not their penis and taint percentiles? that's how you know they're a quack

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I mean dick/taint sizes are trending downwards, but uhhh

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phthalate#Health_effects

quote:

Phthalates enter the bloodstream and disrupt sex hormone production, interfering with sexual development in infants and sexual behaviour in adults. Levels of phthalates have been dose-dependently linked to reduced anogenital distance[56] decreased sexual desire and satisfaction in women,[57] and malformed genital development in rats.

A widespread concern about phthalate exposure is the possibility (though not conclusive) that it is the cause of a worldwide drop in male fertility.[63][64][65] Studies have shown that phthalates cause abnormalities in the reproductive systems of animals,[66] with the greatest effects when the animal is exposed during gestation and immediately thereafter.[67] Numerous studies on adult male humans show the similar result that phthalate exposure correlates with worsening metrics of male fertility, such as semen quality, the quantity of damaged DNA in sperm, decreased sperm motility, decreased semen volume, and other metrics.[59][67][68] Phthalates causing harm to the male reproductive system is plausible,[69] and continues to be researched.

it's probably because of plastics not nut oil. It's got nut in the name, how could it be bad for yours?

e: also don't click on that anogenital distance article if you're at work

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

KALE
IS
BULLSHIT

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

he’s right

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I've definitely noticed taints shrinking in my personal life

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
as an aside i do think its crazy that all the poo poo we eat comes in plastic, wrapped in plastic, etc. and giving your kid some $20 vegan capri sun poo poo seems hosed up but i dont have kids what do i know.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

thats really deep man

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

AnimeIsTrash posted:

thats really deep man

thanks

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

we should probably use less plastic

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
#babiesoftiktok

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Need4Seed

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

he’s right

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

we should probably use less plastic

sounds gay to less plastic

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Karl Barks posted:

I've definitely noticed taints shrinking in my personal life

taint reaper parachute spotted

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/reallytanman/status/1549489468851097600

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

why can’t they simply avoid restaurants?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
go slay your game meats with your own hands you wuss.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

eat the seeds :mad:

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

mawarannahr posted:

why can’t they simply avoid restaurants?

Jesus christ man, restaurants were a crucial part of primitive human life and can't just be taken out of a lifestyle like that.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/SCHIZO_FREQ/status/1578869251389038592

They seem to have evolved into ???

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/NotABigJerk/status/1612446541687492608

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

What's the "no touching receipts" thing?

Thankfully I have chopsticks I use when I'm presented with such an item

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Business Gorillas posted:

bucca di BPA :discourse:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Thermal paper usually has BPA as the reactant for the ink. Probably not an actual concern unless you're putting your receipts in a vaporizer and suckin em down

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i am an alpha male. i am the peak of masculinity. i am terrified of interacting with 90% of the world on a daily basis

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
No getting blackout drunk made me laugh for some reason. As if hanging your hat on the "functional" part of "functional alcoholism" is some new idea in manliness

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
It would not be possible to not drink alcohol, our ancestors drank alcohol

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

All of the "I will not inject poison into my body" posts, for whatever reason, don't say anything about anything that would prevent you from staring at a computer screen looking at anime titties all day

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

You know someone has a real good idea of healthy eating when they list beef and butter as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

All of the "I will not inject poison into my body" posts, for whatever reason, don't say anything about anything that would prevent you from staring at a computer screen looking at anime titties all day

why should they