Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Business Gorillas posted:

All of the "I will not inject poison into my body" posts, for whatever reason, don't say anything about anything that would prevent you from staring at a computer screen looking at anime titties all day

this one says "no plastics" so unless they're getting all their hentai in hardcopy they're gonna have trouble

its a pretty funny list because like a lot of it is just stuff that tons of people put on their new years resolution anyway (no vaping or whatever), a lot of it is stuff that seems almost tautologically easy (i've never really had any trouble avoiding radium eyeliner), and then of course "no plastics or receipts," stuff that's just asinine and seemingly impossible to avoid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Hatebag posted:

You know someone has a real good idea of healthy eating when they list beef and butter as good

yes, they do, sorry for your atrophied brain

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the only healthy and ethical meat product is the corned beef that comes in a can because i like that they still use the little key thing to peel off the metal strip rather than a pull tab

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hatebag posted:

Thermal paper usually has BPA as the reactant for the ink. Probably not an actual concern unless you're putting your receipts in a vaporizer and suckin em down

Read a study on it that suggests that bpa exposure is higher then was anticipated in terms of receipt handling

But also its as easy as just not asking for a receipt, or washing your hands after, or wearing gloves if you handle receipts all day (not a bad idea because ur usually handling a bunch of dirty money as well)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Wearing gloves scares the customers, and you’re not allowed to do it.

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
im a primal alpha manly man but my dick falls off i touch a piece of paper

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

Read a study on it that suggests that bpa exposure is higher then was anticipated in terms of receipt handling

But also its as easy as just not asking for a receipt, or washing your hands after, or wearing gloves if you handle receipts all day (not a bad idea because ur usually handling a bunch of dirty money as well)

Huh, I didn't know that. Skin absorption is pretty low for a lot of compounds but that's not the case for bpa. Apparently hand sanitizer and other things typically applied to skin make it even worse lol.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Platystemon posted:

Wearing gloves scares the customers, and you’re not allowed to do it.

I've seen grocery store employees in my area do it, but things are pretty laid back here.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Hatebag posted:

You know someone has a real good idea of healthy eating when they list beef and butter as good

You are OK with the cigarettes, horse tranquilizer and not eating though?

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

https://twitter.com/dash_eats/status/1612847963361148928

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Weka posted:

You are OK with the cigarettes, horse tranquilizer and not eating though?

The horseshoe thing's a joke but it's a joke because some amount of people believe every item on it. But yes, i want healthy ketamine and smokes

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

the horseshoe image is correct, it just doesn't mean good in terms of dietary health. it is accurate spiritually.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

I kind of like this one because it's just a bunch of insane cultural grievances that are at odds with one another

Fruits and vegetables are GOOD, unless they're packaged and sold by Trader Joe's which is BAD, but if Grandma uses them in her special recipe that's GOOD, except if the recipe is served in a bowl that's BAD, however if you smoke a full pack of cigarettes and chug a dozen 5-hour-energy to offset that's GOOD

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Fruits and vegetables are GOOD, unless they're packaged and sold by Trader Joe's which is BAD, but if Grandma uses them in her special recipe that's GOOD, except if the recipe is served in a bowl that's BAD, however if you smoke a full pack of cigarettes and chug a dozen 5-hour-energy to offset that's GOOD

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

grandmas... cake pop... edibles... from trader joes... are ok... as long as you are wearing... the red sweater

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the horseshoe image is correct, it just doesn't mean good in terms of dietary health. it is accurate spiritually.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/KTLA/status/1644387414532833281

Fruit oils did this.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
ah, coffee and olive oil, the ol' greased lightning. the brown bomber.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
coffee with two shots of olive oil is called a brown eye iirc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im gonna nut in ur seed oil

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

are seed oils bad because they are overly processed or more just because the inherent concept of eating oil from seeds is sus?

I'm getting mixed messages from youtube channels that also have videos about how water fluoridation is atrophying our pineal glands

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

are seed oils bad because they are overly processed or more just because the inherent concept of eating oil from seeds is sus?

I'm getting mixed messages from youtube channels that also have videos about how water fluoridation is atrophying our pineal glands

The concept is part of a slurry of words that starts with lard/coconut oil fatty acids and ends with carnivore diet woke beta leftists

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

zetamind2000 posted:

The concept is part of a slurry of words that starts with lard/coconut oil fatty acids and ends with carnivore diet woke beta leftists

I watched a youtube video from a channel called something like "Evil Food Industry" and it talked about how one of the chemicals used in processing oil is also poisonous to slugs and all I thought was "good thing I'm not a slug then" so idk that I really followed the video well.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

theres no such thing as healthy oil, its all just empty calories

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

idk, some of them are also laxatives

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 93 days!
here are we at with this

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009
they made a zero calorie oil in the 90s but turns out an oil that passes right through you makes you lose control of your bowels

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

FacelessVoid posted:

they made a zero calorie oil in the 90s but turns out an oil that passes right through you makes you lose control of your bowels

good, the only way to make food healthy is to have it be completely biologically inert

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There are multiple essential dietary lipids, your brain needs them to survive

But that's not really a problem for a person with a reasonably varied diet

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i got a dietary lipid for you right here 🖕

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

FacelessVoid posted:

they did extensive tests on this and it was pretty much perfect -- zero calories, fried beautifully, they could make potato chips that tasted like actual good potato chips and not cardboard. the only thing was that you couldn't eat way too much of it, but we're talking like multiple family size bags of chips worth in one sitting, because then yeah you'd get leaky rear end but man you'd have to eat just a completely unreasonable amount of chips in a short amount of time

anyway they released it into the american market and lol

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

oh no I just agreed with AnimeIsTrash

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they did extensive tests on this and it was pretty much perfect -- zero calories, fried beautifully, they could make potato chips that tasted like actual good potato chips and not cardboard. the only thing was that you couldn't eat way too much of it, but we're talking like multiple family size bags of chips worth in one sitting, because then yeah you'd get leaky rear end but man you'd have to eat just a completely unreasonable amount of chips in a short amount of time

burger

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 93 days!

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

oh no I just agreed with AnimeIsTrash

time to have another look at glenn, perhaps

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

FacelessVoid posted:

ah yes, "anal leakage".

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

good, the only way to make food healthy is to have it be completely biologically inert

food scientists making me rear end bulimic? it’s more likely than you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol