Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
I, Destrado, in my first oath for like a decade, oath 10 Ork Kommandos for May

I have not learned a single thing in that timeframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I thought, What a nice little city, it suits me fine. It suited me fine so I started to change it.
To close out the oath year after I opened it with immediate failure I, Destrado, oath these 5 GW Stormboyz for April

Destrado posted:

I, Destrado, in my first oath for like a decade, oath 10 Ork Kommandos for May

I have not learned a single thing in that timeframe.

Non-oath related, but hey it only took me like, a year:

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

Wet paint, dead phone, missed deadline, but hell yeah, Oath Complete

Edit: I mean I'd be interested in another but I couldn't really tell you what it's missing. I was surprised to find it still kicking, really. Does it get much of a shout out in the other threads?

Destrado
Feb 9, 2001

I think it's okay to just keep calling them oaths if the timelines become self-set, painting promise just lacks the same energy.

I like monthly themes as an option, for something to engage with (and probably something to post to bump the thread with). The fun of a monthly oath cycle is the sense of being in it together with people rather than just pursuing your own projects, and having a theme post could be a way to keep some of that. Even if it's just something someone nominates once a month then picks someone else to decide the next one, or just roll a dice on the last monthly list. Anything to keep the thread greased occasionally.

I'd keep doing the American Samoa photos just because that's just a quaint tradition, but the goal being minimising barriers to engagement I wouldn't hold anyone else to it. That and the judging/points format were holdovers from when there were prizes on the line, so it's easy enough to let them go.