Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coke or Pepsi?
Coke
Pepsi
Op is a DUMBASS!!
View Results

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

In the red corner, weighing in at 375ml, a household name untainted by colonel sanders chicken burgers, originally from the state of Georgia, Its Coca Cola.

A drink that was cool before these redbull energy drinking motherfuckers made you feel like a little baby. Coca cola was originally invented by a Guy named John Pemberton:

He was stabbed in the battle of Columbus in 1865 and became addicted to morphine afterwards, leading to the invention of various remedies and eventually the Coke drink, as a way to ween himself off his addiction. Coca cola also once had small traces of cocaine in the receipe, making it the better drink and 30% more badass than any other sodas.

In the Blue corner, a beloved beverage, and worthy opponent of Coke, a drink that "aids in digestion", the Vegata of the Soda industry. It's Pepsi:

Originally invented by Caleb Bradham, and originally called "Brads Drink" before they realized that was a terrible idea.

Pepsi has become the "KFC" drink, inserting itself into various food chains, like KFC, Taco bell and (once) Pizza hut, in a bid to exclude coke from at least somewhere. But is it just a second class sucker, or is it actually the better drink? (Yes it is).

The Cola Wars continue to Ravage the modern world. Over the years the drinks have taken many different forms, we've got the classics, Coke and Pepsi as they are meant to be.

Then the various Diet options and caffeine free drinks which allow our lard wrapped bodies to feel less guilty while in the drive through.

And no suger versions, which are somehow different from the diet versions.

And whatever these flavours are that you weird exotic people like to drink.

Coke and Pepsi have been at each other's necks for years, bitter rivals, hopefully this thread can answer which is better and we can finally rest at long last.

Another relevant question. Who has the better video game. Is it Coke with their smash hit, Coca Cola kid? That no one's ever heard of?

Released exclusively for the Game Gear, a device that doesn't even exist and is probably locked up in area 51.

Or is it Pepsi Man? Which has won game of the year every year since man walked with dinosaurs.

We all know it's Pepsi Man. Because it's the better drink, besides coke of course.

So here's how this is going to work, bring your best arguments, eventually, we get someone's mom to read this thread and decide which drink is better, anyone who supported the losing soda gets banned. Sound fair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They both taste exactly the same.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

They're both insidious poo poo that gives you diabetes op. Don't drink soda.

Coke is 1000x better

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

A surprising 3rd combatant has entered the ring.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
I want to see a reboot of Sliders where eventually they think they have made their way back to our universe, but then they find a can of Brad's (with the modern south korea pepsi logo) and freak out

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Blessed day, I am here to represent the Church of Ginger Ale. Have you heard the good word?

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"
Coke, see you in hell you fucken Pepsi bitches

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Pepsi because coke is on the bds list.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
carbonation upsets my stomach

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Cola's just not my thing. I prefer fruit sodas, like orange or grape or tamarind. A nice ginger ale can be pleasant, though, or a good root beer. I guess I'm Switzerland in this, except with less Nazi gold hiding.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

no poll voted 1

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
They both taste like malted battery acid

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I love coke, its a total curse of mind. Sometimes when you're tired and thirsty a can of coke just tickles the brain so drat good

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Dr Pepper

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Colas are a little too spicy for me. A glass of water with 1 sugar cube please

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Pepsi Zero Sugar (formerly known as Pepsi Max in the US) is really good and my go to.

However, if we're talking normal versions, Coke with sugar (aka Mexican Coke) is loving amazing and the most perfect drink ever conceived.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Coke is for people who like cola, Pepsi is for people who like overly sweet/bad ratio post mix Diet Coke.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Both are disgusting sugar water.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

I'm too much of a simpleton idiot to figure out how to do this, but I would love to.

E: Its a platinum feature, and since I'm a filthy scrub we can't have nice things. Might get my wallet out later.

Bar Patron fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 28, 2022

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
As a Mexican, I have to side with Coke, but even if I wasn't I'd still be flabbergasted that people that prefer Pepsi actually exist.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Coke is more carbonated and acidic than Pepsi. Pepsi is less harsh and sweeter than Coke. They’re both bad for ya.

Like, you see a Coke commercial in the middle of summer where the person is dying of thirst while it’s over 100 degrees Fahrenheit outside, so they go to a corner store and grab a Coke. That poo poo isn’t gonna cool you off or quench your thirst. Grab a cold Powerade or something, my dude. Sugary drinks aren’t my poo poo during summer.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Jarritos and Mexican Coke are actually medically good for you.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wait, 375ml? that's big

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Coke Zero :discourse:

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

wait, 375ml? that's big

They do come in bigger versions.

And if you had a really big cup, the skies the limit.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

What ever happened to Tab?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Voted Coku

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWYuPE8rkeE

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't really object if some stranger gets real mad about soda and decides to murder me. sure, fine, whatever.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Pepsi Zero, formerly known as Pepsi Max, formerly known as Pepsi Zero Sugar Max Taste...

is the best.

If Coke wants to try something interesting they should bring back "new" Coke for a limited time. I've completely forgotten what it tastes like. "New" coke came about because of the success of the "Take the Pepsi challenge" campaign which (supposedly) showed that people picked Pepsi over Coke in a blind taste. This is probably something Coke looked into themselves and found to be true to some extent, which scared them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUKfmMH157U

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
SPRITE 4LYFE

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
thats a really impressive op op

:golfclap:

diet coke

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Coke Zero. Coke does have rougher, less sweet taste that Pepsi and that's a positive.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If you can tell the difference between the two brands then you're obviously not drunk enough.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does anyone that isn't a liar think that if someone were to pour coke into one unlabelled glass and pepsi into another that they could tell which was which?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

imagine having such weak taste buds that you think pepsi and coke taste the same :lol:

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone that isn't a liar think that if someone were to pour coke into one unlabelled glass and pepsi into another that they could tell which was which?

Straight Original Coke and Pepsi?

Yeah, no loving idiot who's tasted it enough times since being a normal child would get that wrong.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Coke is considered the patriotic drink of "real americans" and a beloved icon of the south, so I say we make like General Sherman and burn it to the ground.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

pepsi puts a taste in my mouth that i also get when i smell window cleaning liquid.

coke is definitely better. it's also more presidential.

i only drink diet coke or coke zero. artificial sweeteners are probably not good for you, but all that sugar is definitely not good for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Ruby Red Squirt is actually the best soft drink.

7up had the best game though.