Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coke or Pepsi?
Coke
Pepsi
Op is a DUMBASS!!
View Results

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

cocaine > Mexican Coke > Pepsi Throwback > American Coke > Pepsi

There I settled it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Please reconsider this tomfoolery and embrace the most delightful soda.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Actually, if we're allowing contenders into the ring...

MOTHERFUCKING CACTUS COOLER

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Both Pepsi Co. And the Coca Cola company love well trained stooges, in fact they take pride in brainwashing literal children into picking a brand, and most people keep their indoctrinated preference for life.

I prefer Pepsi Max to Coke Zero somewhat, but IMO there is little difference between them.

According to a recent Pepsi ad, 55% of people prefer Pepsi. That's very close to 50%.

I'd buy Dr Pepper more often if the no sugar version was widely available here in Australia, but it isn't.

Your mileage may vary if you don't drink no sugar varieties, and one of your options contains that cheap lovely corn syrup and the other contains actual sugar (from sugar cane, which is all we use in drinks over here).

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

BigBadSteve posted:

Your mileage may vary if you don't drink no sugar varieties, and one of your options contains that cheap lovely corn syrup and the other contains actual sugar (from sugar cane, which is all we use in drinks over here).

what the hell? are you violating the cuban embargo? how dare you drink sucrose when fructose is available!

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

pro starcraft loser posted:

Coke. Because they have vanilla coke.

This is correct, and the Coca Cola company sometimes gets my business again because they finally reintroduced Vanilla.

However, Pepsi Natural was the true nectar of the gods for its brief existence, and I say that as a die hard Coke man.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
After seven long years in the Cola Wars as a brand engagement officer, I can't even tell the difference anymore. Once we patrolled a village where everyone drank Mr. Pibb. Don't bother asking about it, it's no longer on the map.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I grew up in dr. pepper country and it's maybe the one loyalty i still have from that time & place

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

you ever try a guiness (or chocolate porter) beer ice cream float? shits really good. you can taste the diabetus.

MCMXCV
Oct 13, 2021

Crystal Pepsi blows any variant of Coca-Cola out of the water.

Pepsi is the better more delicious subtle drink, but Coke is the better mixer. Coke's battery acidity helps mask the disgusting taste of alcohol.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Coke is a bad company but a far better beverage

Hevo
Jul 8, 2015

i'd be deported if i didn't pick pepsi max :sweden:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

corn haver posted:

After seven long years in the Cola Wars as a brand engagement officer, I can't even tell the difference anymore. Once we patrolled a village where everyone drank Mr. Pibb. Don't bother asking about it, it's no longer on the map.

...they drank Mr. Pibb? gently caress. Those people drink their gods?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Every once in a while a pepsi is nice but coke all the way. Gotta have that bite

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Diet Pepsi is unbelievably bad while Diet Coke is amazing.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Believe it or not, there’s some racial history in the US tied up with the cola wars. Pepsi hired and marketed to black people a lot more than coke did. So much so that people working for Pepsi were worried about being seen as, and I quote, “[n-word] coke.” So, the sort of racial component adds an interesting and troubling lens to the people who get really angry about places only offering Pepsi rather than coke.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

7Up/Schweppes

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I bought a bunch of dnL (caffeinated 7Up) back in the day for cheap when it was discontinued.

Also, a friend of mine in high school got in trouble for wearing the "Make 7 Up Yours" shirt from the Orlando Jones ad campaign.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I just watched Mommies Dearest for the first time recently and that's Cola Wars adjecent.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like to do a salute to the flag before i enjoy my coke

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

you ever try a guiness (or chocolate porter) beer ice cream float? shits really good. you can taste the diabetus.

A Guinness or porter float has way less sugar than a root beer or cola float but yeah they’re real good, Guinness especially.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Straight Original Coke and Pepsi?

Yeah, no loving idiot who's tasted it enough times since being a normal child would get that wrong.

I did grow up drinking coke and pepsi. I had a glass for breakfast and a glass with dinner most days. It never mattered which jug it came out of my sister and I could never taste any difference.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

verbal enema posted:

Idk what emetics are

He drinks poo poo to make himself puke for views. Like, stuff designed to make you puke. I have no proof or even evidence, it’s just a strong, strong hunch.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Coke is gayer and therefore marginally better.

Proof:

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
For a second there I thought that was Adam and Steve flavored Cokes.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Coke is more of an orange citrusy taste while Pepsi is lemon. I like oranges more so gotta go with coke.

Though my real favorite is the original formulation of coke zero. That was the best.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

fr0id posted:

Believe it or not, there’s some racial history in the US tied up with the cola wars. Pepsi hired and marketed to black people a lot more than coke did. So much so that people working for Pepsi were worried about being seen as, and I quote, “[n-word] coke.” So, the sort of racial component adds an interesting and troubling lens to the people who get really angry about places only offering Pepsi rather than coke.

Yeah, like twelve people knew that fact and

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
pepsi = refreshing

coke = thick tasting

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He drinks poo poo to make himself puke for views. Like, stuff designed to make you puke. I have no proof or even evidence, it’s just a strong, strong hunch.
Yeah, Crystal Pepsi, it's right there in the shot.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrR1TGQY20Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hI0qMtdfng

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Pepsi? More like Sexsi. This was my favorite part:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bula Vinaka posted:

pepsi = refreshing

coke = thick tasting

No

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Coke is better than Pepsi, but Diet Pepsi and whatever they call the Zero Sugar Pepsi are better than Diet Coke and Coke Zero.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you drink enough soda to drink diet sodas, don't.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Lucky Guy posted:

What ever happened to Tab?

Tab was an honest beverage, in that it tasted like the cancer that those 1970s artificial sweeteners would eventually give you.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Zil posted:

Coke is more of an orange citrusy taste while Pepsi is lemon. I like oranges more so gotta go with coke.

Though my real favorite is the original formulation of coke zero. That was the best.

You wanna get wild? Drop a lemon slice in your Coke.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Drop a fat turd in a glass of Coke, it can't make that slop taste any worse.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bula Vinaka posted:

pepsi = refreshing

coke = thick tasting

Coke only tastes thicker because you put less water in it.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

This whole thread is pointless when Dr Pepper exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i'm not drinking that poo poo until I see his diploma. i don't trust he's a real Dr