Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
May is #BacklogMonth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want to finish Kirby and the Forgotten Land next.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I’m listening to the Street Fighter II OST and it slaps, this might be old news if you like fighting games but I don’t (I’m just really bad ok) and everyone knows Guile’s Theme is a banger but even Generic P1 Guy’s theme is great.
Every theme could be the national anthem of their country.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Farmers' mums

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Rarity posted:

Who the hell is signing up for this forum in 2022? :psyduck:

I actually don't know any other forum on the internet that's big enough to have consistent discussion on pretty much any topic imaginable but still small enough that you can recognize individual posters.

SA has managed to settle into a niche in the age of everything either disappearing or getting sucked up into mega-corps.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

I said come in! posted:

Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising is the only game releasing in May that i'm interested in. We have hit that period where nothing good is coming out until closer to late late summer.

I am kind of looking forward to Song of Conquest which also has a May 10th early access date, but apart from that May is gonna be a backlog month for me until The Quarry comes out in June.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I can't believe that the Suikoden spiritual sequel is both Chronicle and Rising.
Here's hoping the next game in the series adds Shadow, Unleashed or Lost

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FO3:

I got to the main conference room in the Capitol, thought to myself there should be a copy of the Speech book Lying, Congressional Style on the speaker's pulpit and lo and behold

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
On this day, remember to honor the workers of past that fought for weekends off and eight hour work days so that we could spend more time gaming

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

welcome to Centennial Case + backlog month

Wildcat Gun Machine [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – May 4
Best Month Ever [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – May 5
Trek to Yomi [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – May 5
Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters [PC] – May 5
Crowns and Pawns: Kingdom of Deceit [PC] – May 6
Songs of Conquest [PC] – May 10
Brigandine [PC] – May 11
Source of Madness [PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – May 11
Achilles: Legends Untold [PC] – May 12
Cantata [PC] – May 12
The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story [PC, PS5, PS4, Switch] – May 12
Flippin Kaktus [PC] – May 12
Evil Dead: The Game [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – May 13
Endzone - A World Apart: Distant Places DLC [PC] – May 17
Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion DLC [PC] – May 17
Deadcraft [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – May 19
Deliver Us The Moon [PS5, XSX] – May 19
Endzone - A World Apart: Survivor Edition [PS5, XSX] – May 19
Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – May 19
Cotton Fantasy [PS4, Switch] – May 20
MX vs ATV Legends [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – May 24
My Time at Sandrock [PC] – May 26
Sniper Elite 5 [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – May 26
Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – May 27
Kao the Kangaroo [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – May 27
Microsoft Flight Simulator: Top Gun Maverick DLC [PC, XSX] – May 27
Moo Lander [PC, PS4, XBO] – May 27
Pac-Man Museum+ [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – May 27
Insomnis Enhanced Edition [PS5] – May 31
The Last Taxi [PC VR] – May 31
Golfie [PC] – May TBC
Green Hell VR [Steam VR] – May TBC
John Carter Warlord of Mars [PC, Consoles TBC] – May TBC

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

PantsBandit posted:

I actually don't know any other forum on the internet that's big enough to have consistent discussion on pretty much any topic imaginable but still small enough that you can recognize individual posters.

SA has managed to settle into a niche in the age of everything either disappearing or getting sucked up into mega-corps.

My uncle at Pepsi says that Pepsi is going to buy the forums using nothing but Pepsi points and crypto Pepsi's.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

External Organs posted:

My uncle at Pepsi says that Pepsi is going to buy the forums using nothing but Pepsi points and crypto Pepsi's.

I've got Pepsi Fever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SChZyhpQJ_U

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Normal guy. Normal walk.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll probably get YuruKill though I'm aware that a death game VN with shumup segments probably has limited appeal.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I noped out on exploring the creepy death spiderhand mansion for a good while, and there’s a dragon that whips out a giant anime sword guarding her house, so that’s a pretty solid deterrent to me!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That dragons a push over and also fucks off somewhere else at half health anyway

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I'll probably get YuruKill though I'm aware that a death game VN with shumup segments probably has limited appeal.

I think a lot of people enjoyed Undertale

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

That dragons a push over and also fucks off somewhere else at half health anyway

I responded to the wrong thread entirely somehow, oops, I already killed Adula dead after many, many failed attempts (surprisingly the magic dragon is good at facetanking magic attacks) and got one of my new favorite From spells, “make a giant moonlight greatsword with insane AOE”.

Which is kinda scary because apparently it got nerfed in the “drat we should make magic more fun to use patch” for being OP so I can’t help but wonder what it was like at launch.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hay guys is this the games chat thraed??????,

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

fridge corn posted:

Hay guys is this the games chat thraed??????,

At best this is a loading screen for the chat thread

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Games

I just ordered myself a copy of the LEGO Tallneck

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Games.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Big, if true.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

My daughter has a fever of 102.5, im blaming Bowser...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Prop Wash posted:

I think a lot of people enjoyed Undertale

Every time I see your av I get Close To Me stuck in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHC1xiUA2gg

Good job.

Chairchucker posted:

Games

I just ordered myself a copy of the LEGO Tallneck

Urgh I've been waiting on a BttF Delorean restock for a while and forgot this was coming out as well.

Tested put out a video of installing a 3rd party light kit on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMGtR9OLAao

:allears:

Bunch of new Star Wars stuff dropping for May the 4th as well (And instantly sold out)
https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/luke-skywalker-s-landspeeder-75341
https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/the-mandalorian-s-n-1-starfighter-75325
https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/death-star-trash-compactor-diorama-75339
https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/death-star-trench-run-diorama-75329
https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/dagobah-jedi-training-diorama-75330

I can't complain, I dropped a whole bunch of dosh on board games this week. So yeah :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

External Organs posted:

My daughter has a fever of 102.5, im blaming Bowser...

Hope she gets well soon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gaius Marius posted:

Sad that the PS5 can't post here

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i like games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You ever wonder what they'd need to make a lego set of to turn you in a lego goon

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All it would take for me to become a lego goon is a lego set of the millennium falcon, from Star Wars (ep. 4 to 9)

rox
Sep 7, 2016

always have been (imagine two lego astronauts)

Sent from my iBrick ((lego reference)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

If they give me the sets for free then I'll happily live a Lego life.

I ain't paying £600 for a fancy spaceship.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

All it would take for me to become a lego goon is a lego set of the millennium falcon, from Star Wars (ep. 4 to 9)

How much money you got? :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTfK9Lt2L9g

rox
Sep 7, 2016

my boyfriend got me the lego seinfeld for christmas so i can act out my fanscripts

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

External Organs posted:

At best this is a loading screen for the chat thread

What games have loading screens anymore?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

fridge corn posted:

I like the botw ones with lil tips!

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Elden Ring

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

this kind of owns, i always like things like "let's try to make The Last Of Us (or any given prestige title) with like 1% of the budget"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's part of why Ride to Hell was really funny, just trying to make an AAA Ubisoft/GTA-like open world game with cinematic storytelling except with zero budget nor resources to do so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rarity posted:

Who the hell is signing up for this forum in 2022? :psyduck:

most of them are fake users from people trying to take advantage of the SA Referral awards