Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
drink coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

is seasoning cast iron pans real or is that just a meme. my fiance told me it's a dumb meme but i still see people talk about it

yes its real and its done because cast iron exposed directly to air and moisture will rust. it will also prevent food from sticking which makes cooking and cleaning easier.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

but doesnt thorough cleaning just get rid of that anyway?

when properly seasoned, cleaning a cast iron pan is just hit it with the sprayer in your sink and wipe it down w/ a paper towl. altho i also like to spritz it with some oil.

heavily cleaning it every time will just mean you need to heavily clean it every time which i guess you can do if you want but its easier to just leave it seasoned