Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Congrats VROOM VROOM, and to gmb for organizing this so well once more.

Would be fun to think of some new challenges for Halloween at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

married but discreet posted:

Would be fun to think of some new challenges for Halloween at some point.

A few that I don't recall being done, at least not in the last few years:

Screaming With Laughter: Watch a horror comedy movie.
Danse Macabre: Watch an adaptation of a horror novel written between 1950 and 1980 by someone other than Stephen King.
What's In A Name?: Watch a movie that begins with the same letter as your SA user name.
I'm Down With That: Watch a movie principally set underground.
The Award For Best Victim: Watch a movie with a star or director who had won an Oscar.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

A challenge I always wanted to put forth was doing themed triple features. I sit around sometimes and just make up triple features for myself to do and a lot of course are horror themed anyways:

https://letterboxd.com/dorium/list/society-made-me-this-way-midnite-triple-feature/

https://letterboxd.com/dorium/list/adidas-midnite-triple-feature/

https://letterboxd.com/dorium/list/dead-pedal-midnite-triple-feature/

Like you have to do them in a sitting, but doing that would net you an extra entry into the raffle or something. It would be worth sitting through all three in a row.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Congrats to Vroom Vroom

Pleasantly surprised how many people made it, mostly surprised I made it.

Looking forward to Halloween.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
oh yes, thank you gey muckle mowser for organizing. there are, I think, 108 movie-watchings I have done thanks to October/May challenges, the vast majority new to me, so my horror experience would be much deprived without them

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Congrats Vroom and thanks GMM. It was fun as always and thank you for running it and everyone for participating. I burnt myself out like usual but I had fun doing it. A kind of fun at least. If you can’t be proud of finishing all the Children of the Corn movies what can you be proud of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jedit posted:

A few that I don't recall being done, at least not in the last few years:

Screaming With Laughter: Watch a horror comedy movie.
Danse Macabre: Watch an adaptation of a horror novel written between 1950 and 1980 by someone other than Stephen King.
What's In A Name?: Watch a movie that begins with the same letter as your SA user name.
I'm Down With That: Watch a movie principally set underground.
The Award For Best Victim: Watch a movie with a star or director who had won an Oscar.

These are a lot of fun!

dorium posted:

A challenge I always wanted to put forth was doing themed triple features. I sit around sometimes and just make up triple features for myself to do and a lot of course are horror themed anyways:

This is also a cool idea, especially if it counts for extra. Otherwise it may be hard to get time or energy for three horror movies in one sitting. But that may just be my ADHD talking.