Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens decided if the wide receivers will complain about the offense then they just won't use wide recievers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
...well, not thrilled about our fourth-round selections. Never heard of Doubs and I don't know why we would need Tom. I guess Elgton Jenkins' recovery must be going very slowly. This felt like our last chance to get an edge rusher who might contribute something.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
"What are the chances of a rain of Isaiahs this afternoon?"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

...well, not thrilled about our fourth-round selections. Never heard of Doubs and I don't know why we would need Tom. I guess Elgton Jenkins' recovery must be going very slowly. This felt like our last chance to get an edge rusher who might contribute something.

Don't get too worked up. Doubs is likely our new return man.

https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1494853493944770565
https://twitter.com/JuMosq/status/1520460434230308864

Zach Tom is super athletic and you literally cannot have too many good OL prospects.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

sharknado slashfic posted:

The Ravens decided if the wide receivers will complain about the offense then they just won't use wide recievers

If a TE catches the ball, how is he not a WR?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I like that Coastal guy to the Ravens personally. But I tend to like people who aren't quarterbacks pretty easily.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If a TE catches the ball, how is he not a WR?

It's the new market inefficiency

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Zach Tom is super athletic and you literally cannot have too many good OL prospects.

Well, if Tom or Rhyan can replace Royce Newman at guard, that'd be nice. He was a liability last year.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

Well, if Tom or Rhyan can replace Royce Newman at guard, that'd be nice. He was a liability last year.

The training camp competition for OL starters is going to be fierce. Tom can play any position on the line, which GB puts a high value on.

Remember we kept Stenavich and promoted him to OC. He's an excellent line coach.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

need more punters

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

surf rock posted:

I think Tom is more of a center in the NFL. Like the pick though.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Rolling the dice on Howell being good for only a 5th rounder ain't bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Possible backup swing guard/tackle for the Chiefs, I'm fine with that pending the trade not being crazy (I assume it wouldn't be).

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Looks like Bears have traded down a couple times today to get more picks, which is nice since they only had 6 entering the weekend.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kinnard is a great grab this late.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears traded back but also traded next year's 6th for 2 sevenths???

i guess the bears desperately just need bodies to fill a roster at this point

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tariq Woolen!!! Let's go hawks!

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
A day with a new target for Josh Allen is always a good day. WR Khalil Shakir could be a steal.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yah Khalil had a lot of love. Bleacher Report had him as one of the better WRs in the class.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Pablo Bluth posted:

A day with a new target for Josh Allen is always a good day. WR Khalil Shakir could be a steal.

Could be but the concerns around him are whether or not he has sufficient athleticism to get open in the NFL. So if he hits, he'll hit big. If not, he's nothing.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

R.D. Mangles posted:

bears traded back but also traded next year's 6th for 2 sevenths???

i guess the bears desperately just need bodies to fill a roster at this point

Edit: Nevermind I'm not sure if that's what they actually did. But yeah, you are right about them needing bodies. If they're lucky 1 or 2 of them may end up being good.

Ummagumma fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 30, 2022

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Why did the Browns draft an RB? Planning to let Kareem Hunt and DErnest leave? I mean being a poo poo team is enough for them to want to go I guess, don’t need a cap excuse

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Gatts posted:

Why did the Browns draft an RB? Planning to let Kareem Hunt and DErnest leave? I mean being a poo poo team is enough for them to want to go I guess, don’t need a cap excuse

it's the sixth round, these are special teams/practice squad guys to fill out the 90 man, very few players drafted in the sixth round end up being anything

e: it's still only the fifth round, never mind i'm an idiot

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 30, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

it's the sixth round, these are special teams/practice squad guys to fill out the 90 man, very few players drafted in the sixth round end up being anything

5th round but yeah, you aren't looking for starters, just guys that can do a specific thing or fill depth.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i should also say that this tends to be an exception with running backs, since they are so devalued you tend to see really really good college backs go around now with guys who actually do play.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Gatts posted:

I like Jerome Ford. Nasty Brownies stealing RBs they don't even need. With the Ravens original pick no less!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

i should also say that this tends to be an exception with running backs, since they are so devalued you tend to see really really good college backs go around now with guys who actually do play.

Yeah, last year there were 7 RB's drafted in the 5th-6th, 1 guy put up 1100 YFS, 2 guys did 500, and the other 4 were minor role players.

4th round adds 4 more guys, 900, 800, 700 and a scrub.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bears traded down again, lol

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1520475763757170688?s=21&t=30zlcD1fAU4ubCurQejumg

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I appreciate Chicago using every single second of the clock, absolutely furious that they have to actually pick someone rather than trade down for the billionth time.

And on an offensive tackle, no less!

edit: truly, I am the fool for tempting fate like this :(

surf rock fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 30, 2022

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

love that 12 year old british kid clinging to the '85 super bowl, he's a true bears fan

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

surf rock posted:

I appreciate Chicago using every single second of the clock, absolutely furious that they have to actually pick someone rather than trade down for the billionth time.

And on an offensive tackle, no less!

Poles' plan to claim every 7th round pick has been thwarted!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Finally 49ers get another CB :v:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

I don't know what Green Bay's gonna do with four seventh-rounders. We don't have a ton of roster slots to fill in the first place. Maybe we can bundle a couple for a sixth-rounder.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

surf rock posted:

I don't know what Green Bay's gonna do with four seventh-rounders. We don't have a ton of roster slots to fill in the first place. Maybe we can bundle a couple for a sixth-rounder.

They’re seventh rounders, the odds of any of the team are exceedingly low, not sure you need to worry about how to fit them all in.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

surf rock posted:

We still need a long snapper right? Might as well get our pick instead of competing with teams for UDFAs.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants keep drafting online. I’m down.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears drafting a linebacker who used to be a wide receiver is an incredible troll

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’re seventh rounders, the odds of any of the team are exceedingly low, not sure you need to worry about how to fit them all in.

All our seventh-rounders since 2019 are still on the roster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
My Man!