Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

R.D. Mangles posted:

love that 12 year old british kid clinging to the '85 super bowl, he's a true bears fan

Wasn’t even alive for the ‘06 bears. Just willingly inviting misery. A true bears fan, indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://twitter.com/jordanraanan/status/1520486794273435648?s=21&t=jKgjuFOp1Cc3Y7euJHDjvA

Hog loving Mollies

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My god until the heat death of the universe they are always gonna bring that up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

surf rock posted:

All our seventh-rounders since 2019 are still on the roster.

This is a fun stat for the Pack. I don't think it's repeatable long term but it is a fun stat.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Punt God goes!

Punting late season in Buffalo actually makes some sense if you're imagining stuff with the wind and snow and all.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

There goes the Punt God

Thx for trading out of the 5th entirely Philly

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
And there goes PUNT GOD

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Punt God gets to hang out with Touchdown Jesus.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Grittybeard posted:

This is a fun stat for the Pack. I don't think it's repeatable long term but it is a fun stat.

Yeah, I went farther back in the NFC North thread and found that nobody from before 2019 was still on there, so it's more of an anomaly than anything.

Also, gently caress YEAH, we got Kingsley Enagbare! He was the last guy with pass-rush chops left on my board, gently caress yes. I'd like to get a measurables prospect at both tight end and safety still, but this draft has turned out a lot better than I expected for Green Bay.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
For a minute I thought Philly's pick was on crutches and thought "that can't be good".

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

lol now the Eagles trade up

Could have had the Punt God, instead they get whoever this is

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Got a Kansas guy off the board in Kyron Johnson. Good for him surviving that trainwreck through college.

I have almost certainly watched more Kansas football than most actual Kansas fans and I don't know a damned thing about him.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 30, 2022

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Got a Kansas guy off the board in Kyron Johnson. Good for him surviving that trainwreck through college.

I have almost certainly watched more Kansas football than most actual Kansas fans and I don't know a damned thing about him.

I'd make a "rent free" joke but I'm pretty sure I'd have to watch Kansas football to have a leg to stand on

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Pontius Pilate posted:

Wasn’t even alive for the ‘06 bears. Just willingly inviting misery. A true bears fan, indeed

All British people supported the Miami Dolphins or 49'ers in the 1980s.

The Bears did not exist. They were known as the Refrigerators.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Rodriguez and Barro are nice value for round 6. Rest of these guys I've never heard of.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I'd make a "rent free" joke but I'm pretty sure I'd have to watch Kansas football to have a leg to stand on

It's more just being fascinated with how wrong things can go at this point (and surprisingly getting to laugh at Texas twice over a few years).

Anyway have we gone to a remote pick from a country other than Germany out of curiosity if anyone has been paying attention? Are they pushing some future London type game every year here in Munich or did they just send some guy over to Europe to find people to read picks and he stayed in one town?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
well what did we have to give up for a sixth

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
No idea who Jordan Jackson is but we needed a DT.

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1520497508950159361

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 30, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Grittybeard posted:

Anyway have we gone to a remote pick from a country other than Germany out of curiosity if anyone has been paying attention? Are they pushing some future London type game every year here in Munich or did they just send some guy over to Europe to find people to read picks and he stayed in one town?

Yes, and even the NFL Network guys just noted they’ve gone to Germany a lot this year. Aside from the game in Munich this coming season, they’ve already confirmed there will be at least one game in Germany each year through 2025, with Frankfurt being planned as a future site for one of those games as well.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Apparently the Ravens got a moment of clarity and went "we really can't draft and develop WRs so gently caress them" lol

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/savagepads/status/1520488256046919682?t=57rZVzFS7H9sdHzmh6ocPg&s=19

Chargers got him in the sixth lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey Tyler Badie, for any Ravens fans hanging around I don't hate it for you guys (and I really like him so I'm just glad he got drafted).

He's tiny but runs big, not at all scared to hit a hole. A lot more productive than you would think just looking at measurables. Seems like a good fit at this point, maybe he can catch on and make a little noise.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the most poetic thing i have seen today is the phrase "Gregory Junior, Ouachita Baptist University"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

This TE could be interesting if he doesn't concuss himself out of the league

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Hey Tyler Badie, for any Ravens fans hanging around I don't hate it for you guys (and I really like him so I'm just glad he got drafted).

He's tiny but runs big, not at all scared to hit a hole. A lot more productive than you would think just looking at measurables. Seems like a good fit at this point, maybe he can catch on and make a little noise.

I appreciate this info, I guess it's some type of insurance on Dobbins' and Edwards' rehabs

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
The Patriots draft seems extremely trollish even for Belichick

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mel glitching out like a video game NPC while discussing deshaun watson

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Even if Dobbins and Gus are healthy Baddie is a decent backup that gives you a B- version of what Dobbins does as a RB. The Ravens were getting killed last year in large part due to having no one with the speed to run outside the tackles. Defense flooded the center of the field with delayed blitzes while spying Lamar largely killing the run game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
As a guy who sweats a lot I have no business making this joke, but Ice Cube is melting here.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I know it’s the 7th round but lol at the Steelers completely ignoring their sieve of an OL, passing on Rasheed Walker and Thayer Munford, and taking a slow linebacker with short arms who has one year of experience at the position.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I know it’s the 7th round but lol at the Steelers completely ignoring their sieve of an OL, passing on Rasheed Walker and Thayer Munford, and taking a slow linebacker with short arms who has one year of experience at the position.

And another qb!

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

But also Walker is trashhh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

PASS THE MASH posted:

But also Walker is trashhh

I mean he’ll probably go nowhere but it’s still better than drafting linebacker Kevin Hart.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Guy was just drafted named Russ Yeast

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

R.D. Mangles posted:

Guy was just drafted named Russ Yeast

Let Russ Cook Rise

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm vaguely surprised Skylar Thompson got picked.

I mean there's some talent there buried beneath constant injuries, just...not what I would have expected to be thought of as NFL talent. Figured he'd be a UDFA camp arm.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bears just got a punter, it's over for you hos

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Falcons drafted John FitzPatrick
Lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
QB controversy in SF