Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ketchupface
Aug 1, 2010
a few friends and i have been recording a podcast where we talk about umineko as we read it. i like to think we are very funny and insightful and hopefully a good listen. check it out if you want: https://goldentruths.net/

i'm looking down the barrel of starting ep 8 now and it feels weird. like i came off of episode 6 with the opinion that umineko could have ended there and i would have been happy with it. episode 7 felt like checking your answers after solving the puzzle. i guess i just don't know what's left? i have no idea where this could be going? it's wild

i really hope there's some kind of announcement about ciconia because i'm really interested in picking that up post-umineko but apprehensive about it being on a cliffhanger for years lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ketchupface
Aug 1, 2010

Rockman Reserve posted:

Speaking of WTC, I saw some manga pages of some Higurashi thing except the cast all had smartphones….was rural Japan way more advanced than I would have thought in 1983, or what’s going on there?

this might be higurashi rei? currently-running manga about the children of the club getting caught in a time loop in 2019. i haven't read it because i don't believe it's being translated by any group right now. which is a shame because reading summaries on the wiki makes me deathly curious what is going on there

i'm currently on my first read of higurashi after becoming a self-styled umineko scholar (as well as being yet another person who watched the anime back when it first aired) and i'm finding it a rough but interesting time. especially coming right off of umineko. about halfway through tatarigoroshi so far and it is interesting how much time is spent purely on characterization (children playing games together) at the cost of pacing, but that ryukishi is starting to cut away from scenes and being like "yeah you know what these people are like i dont need to put you through another 20k word board game" as of episode 3. also legitimately very funny how much rena is an author mouthpiece