Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Yeah, I've only just found this thread but I'm thoroughly enjoying the speculation, while also being aware that any commentary I could make would almost certainly be spoiler. Godspeed, you who challenge Oyashiro-sama and the golden witch Beatrice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

The only word is that Ryukishi needs to pay his bills and Ciconia's a passion project, so endless Higurashi reboots and Silent Hill (!!!) take priority. So, yeah. Eventually, but probably not soon.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Cyouni posted:

If we're being specific, the full text also includes "I would add that a secret passage should not be brought in at all unless the action takes place in the kind of house where such devices might be expected."

Well, I wouldn't put it past Kinzo.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Meowywitch posted:

I'm a big fan of this series but somehow I haven't gotten around to the higurashi visual novel yet, I've only seen the animes

I guess part of me might be worried it'll darken a very important anime to me from my teen years (because I've heard many a time the anime was gutted)

irrational feelings.

The (original) anime and VN are functionally different genres, and I think that's fine. It guts the mystery part, but it would be hard to pull off what works about Higurashi's mystery in anime form anyway, so it just goes straight horror/thriller and does a good* job with it. It's definitely still worth experiencing the VN, IMO.

*based on my teenage memory of it, anyway...