Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

bewilderment posted:

Reading the whole thing at once with focused readers certainly seemed to go better than the people waiting 6 months in-between episodes with fan theories constantly throwing off the trail.

Reading Umineko all at once after it had released every chapter does make for a smoother experience. But there is a certain magic in throwing inane theories at the wall, seeing what sticks. All the while you're waiting months for a competent translation to arrive, so you have to settle for the lovely atlas translation, CAMPHORS and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

read it read it read it read it read it read it

ahaha.wav

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Has there been any word on Ciconia phase 2? I want to read the first one, but i don't want to commit to something with an uncertain schedule.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Gou and Sotsu were just... awful. Some writers and editors really sat down and thought yes, this is a good idea, let's animate this tedious and repetitive anime, the fans will love it. And then they recycled whole scenes from Gou into Sotsu.

Just a series of baffling decisions.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

ymgve posted:

Having read some solutions/theories to the games now I think I'll stick with it was done by magic after all. The mundane solutions all rely on way too many people being down with indiscriminate murder, especially once they realize the murders follow the epitaph and they are gonna end up dead too.

Also I suck at mysteries since I realized it's been less than a few weeks since I saw a Poirot episode where a fictious servant is just another character in disguise, and I still didn't realize the Shannon/Kanon trick until I read fan explanations post episode 8

I'm sorta piggybacking off of what Ytlaya said, but definitely give Confessions of the Golden Witch a read. It's three manga chapters found exclusively in the manga adaptation of Ep 8, and it fills in a number of gaps that you may be looking to fill in, including on how the murders happened (it was all magic, ahaha). Confession is not necessary to read, but I found it gave an extra bit of context that really puts things into perspective.

I suggest to give yourself a couple of days to digest the ending before jumping straight into Confession.