Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Puro friends, it's time again for some of the best matches in Japanese wrestling accompanied by the worst "comedy" that only DDT can bring. The top of the card should be absolute fire with three huge title matches but before that we've got some juicy looking matches on the undercard.
- JTO star KANON has been working his way through DDT's rookies and faces his biggest test so far against Burning representative Yuya Koroku, who is himself only beginning his second year as a wrestler but has grown by leaps and bounds under Akiyama's wing
- 37KAMIINA rookie Toi Kojima is seeking guidance from MMA legend Shinya Aoki, following in the footsteps of his stablemate Ueno
- The never ending feud between Saki Akai and Maya Yukihi continues with new partners. Saki is choosing her Eruption stablemate Okatani, and Yukihi is choosing Shunma who I guess didn't have anything better to do today since the rest of his group are busy in other matches
- DAMNATION T.A reveal their new member after Minoru Fujita got injured and they were forced to give up their 6-man titles. Sasaki made a some reference to it maybe being 'him' over in America but really it could be anyone
- Pheromones have a match with General Manager Imabayashi. Don't worry about this one, go make some food or whatever and come back in 15 minutes after it's done
- Hikaru Sato is dropping in from All Japan to fight with HARASHIMA against Eruption. He showed up to the press conference dressed as a neko maid because he thought DDT was all a joke (he used to team with Michael Nakazawa). Yukio Sakaguchi is looking to disabuse him of this notion and show Sato the strong side of DDT. This match should be a cracker, very excited about it.
- Team Olympian look to regain their 10-man titles from the DDT Legends. A match this silly isn't usually this far up the card, but it'll be nice to see Yatsu again and the combination of Hirata and Akito should make something worth watching.
- CDK defend their tag title against the Burning contingent of Yusuke Okada and Jun Akiyama. Jun and Okada are being curmudgeons about the way CDK involve referees into their antics, thinking it's not a way to attract new fans to wrestling. Jun even threateaned to bring legendary All Japan ref Wada Kyohei to officiate to stop CDK's antics.
- MAO has declined ASUKA's request that their Unviersal Title match be contested under hardcore rules, as he does not want his belt to be confused with the stipulation heavy Extreme title. He has however promised to win in 3 minutes 70 seconds, though only MAO knows exactly what that means.
- Yuki Ueno is fighting to prove that he is just as capable a wrestler as his 37KAMIINA stablemate Konosuke Takeshita, who is currently on an American tour. Tetsuya Endo is firm that Ueno is not at that level yet, and that's why the match is not receiving the attention that Endo's match with Take did. Even though Endo's days with DAMNATION are far behind him, i'm certain he will be playing the heel champ here as Yuki Ueno is one of the best underdog babyfaces in the world, and hopefully can break through to that next level while his generational talent teammate is on the other side of the world.

Dark matches will start at 1.30pm JST (12.30am EDT, 5.am BST) with the main card starting half an hour later. English commentary will be with Baliyan Akki, Hiroshi Arai and Christelle Ciari. They weren't the best last time, but at least there'll be live translations for promos and such

quote:

DDT “MEGA MAX BUMP 2022 TOUR IN YOKOHAMA”, 01/05/2022
Yokohama Budokan

0. Dark Match: KANON Vs Yuya Koroku
0. Dark Match: Toru Owashi & Naomi Yoshimura Vs Antonio Honda & Yuki Ishida
1. Shinya Aoki Vs Toi Kojima
2. Saki Akai & Hideki Okatani Vs Maya Yukihi & Shunma Katsumata
3. Daisuke Sasaki, MJ Paul & X Vs Yuji Hino, Yukio Naya & Soma Takao
4. Special 6-Man Tag Match ~ Pheromones Vs GM Imabayashi Final Battle: Yuki “Sexy” Iino, Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno & Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari Vs Hisaya Imabayashi, AKIRA & Muscle Sakai
5. Special Tag Match: HARASHIMA & Hikaru Sato Vs Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Sakaguchi
6. KO-D 10-Man Tag Team Titles: Poison Sawada JULIE, Takashi Sasaki, GENTARO, MIKAMI & Thanomsak Toba (w/ Naomi Susan) (c) Vs Sanshiro Takagi, Yoshiaki Yatsu, Akito, Kazuki Hirata & Gorgeous Matsuno
7. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi (c) Vs Jun Akiyama & Yusuke Okada
8. DDT Universal Title: MAO (c) Vs Asuka
9. KO-D Openweight Title: Tetsuya Endo (c) Vs Yuki Ueno

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It's a toss up whether this show or Triple Mania will have the crazier or funnier matches.

I think DDT might win on consistency in work rate, but it'll be close.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Megu Taniguchi from AKB48 will be doing some guest commentary on the Japanese side, foreshadowing the inevitable AKB48 vs SKE48 Rojo

https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1520553608244523008

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

MAO is always intriguing and at least it promises that the match, no matter what will be short. I hope to catch it.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Preshow is live, first dark match will start in about 10

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kick some arse Koroku, defend DDT from this invader :neckbeard:

e: while Yuki Ueno is patterned after DDT-era Ibushi, KANON is definitely evoking current day Ibushi

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 05:37 on May 1, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cool match, KANON definitely needs a better looking finisher though. The seated Octopus is weak

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This match is becoming a farce :stwoon:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kenta Kobashi still carries himself like such a champion

e

https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1520629839061225472

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 1, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ready for Aoki to tie Kojima in a knot and leave him in the ring to starve to death

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jeez Kojima is making a great accounting for himself here

e: and just as I say that, Aoki catches the ankle and it's over :lol:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
And that kids, is why you never cross the legs

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Baka Survivor

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Tokyo!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bastard President stopping us from hearing Tokyo Go

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

SG Bamboo posted:

Bastard President stopping us from hearing Tokyo Go

fire is a better song

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
I was just wondering last week if Poison still was around

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Most of these legends are from before I watched the promotion show to show, but I like Toba. He's great

abraham linksys posted:

fire is a better song

I'll die on this hill

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TOKYOOOOO

denied

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Double poison works!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wow what a sell :stare:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
TOKYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Dance through the body blows

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Poison Sawada is getting that NOAH booking

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hirata is such a gem, too bad Poison is stronger

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This ought to be a good one

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okatani's little Eruption coat continues to rule

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That match was very fun, I like all 4 of these guys

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
PROMINENCE ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ASHFKLJASHFLKJSAFKJBASFF

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

PROMINENCE

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Prominence vs 37K could be very good

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol Arai's mic has been turned all the way down. Definite improvement.

Prominence's challenge turned down.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Time for Pheromones :geno:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Time for only in Japan wrestling

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
oh no his children ringside for a phermones match :(

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 1, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okay, Defy show is over, here in time for..... Pheromones.... :sigh:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Okay, Defy show is over, here in time for..... Pheromones.... :sigh:

You missed some real fun matches and also Prominence showed up to attack Shunma. Just bad timing on your part bud :(

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Lino again being the best part of Phermones with this Sex Chop battle

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus Christ is this STILL going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!