Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
That was fantastic. And I’ve not been as impressed with their previous bouts as other people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

hate this show

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Loser Naito loses again, as is right

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Okada realizing he can't seem to keep Naito down, shrugs and decides to just perfect and combine the powers of Mitsuhara Misawa and Antonio Inoki no big deal.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Lij love losing to the rainmaker

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Lij love losing to the rainmaker

It's almost as if Okada is on a whole other level

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Can't stop the rainmaker

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/ciaranrh93/status/1520737319627759618?s=21&t=SZYRj5GpdmOM3KmxCKYarA

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

That was fantastic. And I’ve not been as impressed with their previous bouts as other people

I think I've seen all their major matches (also had the pleasure of seeing them work together live in 2016) and for me this was their best match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

boo at the result but yes that was better than most okada vs naito matches

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He was definitely spinning his wheels so I'm really hopeful he is revitalized doing this. I fully and absolutely believed he was done with wrestling or possibly making a return to WWE (so yeah, done with wrestling) so I'm glad he's sticking around.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Surprised no post-match angle.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Pylons posted:

BoSJ season so the heavyweights have a month off. Next challenger is probably Forbidden Door which is built up elsewhere

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ahhhh.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pylons posted:

Incorrect!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SWITCH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

THE DETESTABLE PERVERT IS BACK :derp:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Look who’s got his green card

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Look how happy Gedo is to have his awful slimy son back

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

King of the Perverts makes his long awaited return

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The return of Jay

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I was about to type "but what does that have to do with the Bullet Club?" lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okada has no time for this bullshit!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Can’t believe Okada forgot it’s still Jay White’s Era. Very silly of him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gedo getting all nostalgic for attacking Okada from behind

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okada sold that Bladerunner like death, goddamn.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

He was definitely spinning his wheels so I'm really hopeful he is revitalized doing this. I fully and absolutely believed he was done with wrestling or possibly making a return to WWE (so yeah, done with wrestling) so I'm glad he's sticking around.

i believed it too as by all accounts he was pissed at the quarantine and scheduling poo poo and didn't go back to japan for a very long time until rn.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm not watching the show & have seen nothing else but the photo of Juice Robinson I just saw on Twitter has me so loving excited that I'm having to post this in the gameday thread. I thought Juice was stuck in a rut until he'd just give up but one look at his new look & it's like "I am very into this"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

jay's great but "catalyst of professional wrestling" is a very wwe nickname and he doesn't seem to be doing a jericho thing where it's on purpose

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

I'm not watching the show & have seen nothing else but the photo of Juice Robinson I just saw on Twitter has me so loving excited that I'm having to post this in the gameday thread. I thought Juice was stuck in a rut until he'd just give up but one look at his new look & it's like "I am very into this"

It was a really cool angle, they teased something very lame (Chase Owens challenging Tanahashi) and then delivered something genuinely shocking and intriguing instead.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

boo at the result but at this point i'm expecting jay to beat okada and naito could very well win the g1

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CM Punk is going to come and save Okada from having beer poured on him.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ROCK HARD JUICE ROBINSON :vince:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

kazuchika okada is the greatest of all time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

New Japan did a big show revolving entirely around the Bullet Club in 2022 and it loving owned

What is happening

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Show was fantastic lol

Are bullet club good again

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Bullet Club is a land of contrasts

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

New Japan did a big show revolving entirely around the Bullet Club in 2022 and it loving owned

What is happening

well we also got tana showing again why he's the goat. mgka doing the go home promos for the bc in ring ace really does feel like 2014 again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

One of the best things about this is that Switchblade Jay White is legit one of the few people in New Japan who I think might actually beat Okada for the title. There is a kind of air of inevitability to a lot of Okada's matches (and well deserved) but Jay has continually managed to maintain an aura of being a guy who will steal your thunder and take your glory when you are at your highest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

okada will knock him down.

i wonder if we'll start seeing bullet club recruitment efforts aew side esp with Forbidden Door build starting soon.