Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Let us never forget Creepy Watson, a character working as intended to get around his unfortunate lack of walking animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13YlEPwOfmk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

Titanfall 2's most famous level, Effect and Cause (spoilered because it's an insanely cool level and if you haven't played TF2 yet you should) works by having the present and past versions of the level stacked on top of each other, and all your time-travel wristwatch actually does is teleport you up and down on the Y axis.

Not as buckwild as some of the ones mentioned already, but I like it for its sheer simplicity to simulate something you'd think would be really complex.

That's pretty neat, I love that level but somehow I'm not super surprised that they worked out a pretty simple way to do that on the fly.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Kennel posted:

Not sound, but the comments mention Yar's Revenge for Atari 2600.

Oh that's awesome, I always thought that effect looked neat but had no idea it read anything other than noise.