Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Kennel posted:

Classic:
"Back on Wing Commander 1 we were getting an exception from our EMM386 memory manager when we exited the game. We'd clear the screen and a single line would print out, something like 'EMM386 Memory manager error. Blah blah blah.' We had to ship ASAP. So I hex edited the error in the memory manager itself to read 'Thank you for playing Wing Commander.'"

One of the timeless classics. I've coded this reference into excel macros and other random poo poo over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Dareon posted:

So I'm in the SA ARMA 3 group, and I'm working on building missions. The mission I'm currently building involves destroying some resources (Specifically, a server full of NFTs). The problem is, the server prop is indestructible, or at least does not blow up when a demolition charge explodes on it or it's shot with an RPG.

The workaround I currently have in mind is to place an invisible rabbit with no AI on top of the server, and run a script to delete the servers and complete the objective when it detects the rabbit is dead.

My man