Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Mr Tumnus's legs or Mr Tumnus' legs

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Legses of Mr. Tumnus’s

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

When are you supposed to say "and I?". As in "my friend and I went to work". But everyone says it's supposed to be "my friend and ME ". When is the I used?

Treat the subjects as separate i.e. “My friend went to work” and “I went to work.” Those are both correct so combining them into “My friend and I went to work.” is the correct option. “Me went to work” isn’t a proper sentence.

Using “my friend and me” would work when you and you friend are passive subjects, i.e. “This happened to my friend” and “This happened to me” would be combined into “This happened to my friend and me.” You wouldn’t say “this happened to I.”

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Whats the baddest letter?

Its X or Z

They are no bad letters, only bad words

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Elentor posted:

I have no idea when I should say was instead of were, this is my confession.

Use were in hypothetical statements (usually in conjunction with “if”,) such as:

“If I were to pay ten dollars to join a website…”

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Private Cumshoe posted:

Can you really learn if it should be I wish I was going vs. I wish I were going at the grammar rodeo?

Yeah I just loving told you were is for hypotheticals.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Junk posted:

do you pronoue it "either" or "either"?

Neither

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

sigher posted:

Okay, so at the end of King Kong someone says "It was beauty killed the beast." Which hurts my brain, shouldn't it be "It was beauty that killed the beast,"?

It can be either, the “that” is implied in the former.