Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaguars!

And Caesar’s spirit, ranging for revenge,
With Ate by his side come hot from hell,
Shall in these confines with a monarch’s voice
Cry “Yo!” and let slip the dogs of war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, yo.

kalel

When Zarathustra was thirty years old, he left his home and the lake of his home, and went into the mountains. There he enjoyed his spirit and solitude, and for ten years did not weary of it. But at last his heart changed,—and rising one morning with the rosy dawn, he went before the sun, and spake thus unto it:

...Yo!

ulvir

It was in those days when I wandered about hungry in Christiania, that strange city which no one leaves before it has set its mark upon him…, yo

ulvir

Yo! We Gar-Dena in gear-dagum, þeod-cyninga, þrym gefrunon, hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon!

pazza

All Dogs Go to Heaven is a 1989 animated musical fantasy comedy-drama film directed and produced by Don Bluth, and released by United Artists and Goldcrest Films.
"I want to be a yo-yo man, he cried! Make me a yo-yo man! But the yo-yo master did not answer. He just kept on yo-ing, yo." - The Yo-Yo Man

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Yo! Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.

ulvir

Yo, Prince, so Genoa and Lucca are now just family estates of the Buonapartes. But I warn you, if you don’t tell me that this means war, if you still try to defend the infamies and horrors perpetrated by that Antichrist—I really believe he is Antichrist—I will have nothing more to do with you and you are no longer my friend, no longer my ‘faithful slave,’ as you call yourself! But how do you do? I see I have frightened you—sit down and tell me all the news.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

ulvir posted:

Yo, Prince, so Genoa and Lucca are now just family estates of the Buonapartes. But I warn you, if you don’t tell me that this means war, if you still try to defend the infamies and horrors perpetrated by that Antichrist—I really believe he is Antichrist—I will have nothing more to do with you and you are no longer my friend, no longer my ‘faithful slave,’ as you call yourself! But how do you do? I see I have frightened you—sit down and tell me all the news.

....yo?!? :ohdear:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yo...

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Visions of Valerie

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, yo

ulvir

yo :hai:

Areola Grande

whew! :pusheen:

u had us worried

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Areola Grande

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Harry wondered if Kreacher would make him a sandwich. "YO!"

cruft

"Yo!" is not a new concept in English.

Old English had a word "Hwæt" that basically is the same as "Yo".

Beowulf posted:

Yo! The badass people-kings,
the Danes with spears, a long time ago,
we have heard, boy did they kick rear end!

There are still some old songs people know that have "Hark" and "Lo" in them:

Christmas Carol posted:

Yo! The harald angels sing!
Glory to the newborn king!

Zelda: Ocarina of Time had Navi the Fairy introduce stuff with "Listen!" or "Hey! Listen!", a translation of a similar word in Japanese before "yo" was mainstream modern English. But you can think of it as an old-timey way to say "Yo!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

ulvir posted:

Yo! We Gar-Dena in gear-dagum, þeod-cyninga, þrym gefrunon, hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon!

Oh, you beat me to it.