Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

dr strange jumped the shark when he got his jetpack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i wish we could go back to a society where actors made less money than and garnered less respect than prostitutes.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Big Beef City posted:

How many universes are they up to now?

It's not just universes, it's also dimensions and timelines. Up to about 20 that have been shown across the MCU for more than ~10 seconds. It's all very reasonable.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

kntfkr posted:

i wish we could go back to a society where actors made less money than and garnered less respect than prostitutes.

21st century jesters are very well paid what can I say.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Jose Oquendo posted:

Reed Richards from another universe

Lol that pic is real?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

a new study bible! posted:

Lol that pic is real?

I think they CGI'ed his ears and nose smaller than normal.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Lol that pic is real?

Hello I would like to buy some beans

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lol that pic is real?

yes and wanda kills them all in like 3 minutes cause she wants children from her imaginary time in her tv show apparently

i didnt want the wanda tv show so i had no clue what was happening with her

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
2:15:14 - An absent minded Tilda Swinton walks into a shot holding a cup of coffee and reading what I presume is the script. She then looks startled and gets into an altercation with someone off camera. We can't hear what the person off camera says but Ms Swinton can be heard saying "What film? What film? It's loving digital you mug."

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
we need to talk about kevin was a great movie

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

mandrake gets the strings shot out of his legs in the war.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Dr. Normal

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Wake me up when Pizza Papa has his own movie.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

He goes back and does time loop with dormammu but this time farts. Dormammu calls him a dick. This repeats for 3 hours.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Romes128 posted:

yes and wanda kills them all in like 3 minutes cause she wants children from her imaginary time in her tv show apparently

i didnt want the wanda tv show so i had no clue what was happening with her

On the one hand, that sounds confusing as poo poo.

On the other, I'm pretty sure that, yeah, that's how comic books have always worked. All of the big events are this tangled mess of spaghetti, and the key things happened in issue 513 in a series being read by exactly three people (which includes the writer, but doesn't include the artist, who never, ever glanced at any of the words).

We did it, everyone. Comic book films are no longer dumbed down for a mass audience. The essence of the original artform is now on the big screen.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

On the other, I'm pretty sure that, yeah, that's how comic books have always worked. All of the big events are this tangled mess of spaghetti, and the key things happened in issue 513 in a series being read by exactly three people (which includes the writer, but doesn't include the artist, who never, ever glanced at any of the words).

We did it, everyone. Comic book films are no longer dumbed down for a mass audience. The essence of the original artform is now on the big screen.

The logic in the movie is that since the multiverse is a thing now when you dream you are actually seeing events that are taking place in an alternate universe and every night Wanda dreams of living a perfect life with kids and it drives her mad when she wakes up and is alone while other versions of her have the life she wants.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Snape kills Dumbledore

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I've been waiting for this to happen in the MCU since Ultron. Especially considering the TV series, Disney is basically making video comics at this point, and 10 year old me would piss his pants with excitement if I had ANY idea that this poo poo would be mainstream in 2022.

Also, Dr. Strange 2 was great, except for like... the last 20 minutes where it entirely consists of the characters slowly repeating words of encouragement at each other while staring into each others eyes in long takes while a slow Danny Elfman french horn plays in the background.

Lifepuzzler fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 7, 2022

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lol that pic is real?

All of these guys get absolutely murdered and it's awesome lol

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Lifepuzzler posted:

I've been waiting for this to happen in the MCU since Ultron. Especially considering the TV series, Disney is basically making video comics at this point, and 10 year old me would piss his pants with excitement if I had ANY idea that this poo poo would be mainstream in 2022.

Also, Dr. Strange 2 was great, except for like... the last 20 minutes where it entirely consists of the characters slowly repeating words of encouragement at each other while staring into each others eyes in long takes while a slow Danny Elfman french horn plays in the background.

Didn't this already happen with House of M ?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ElectricSheep posted:

So much loving nightmare fuel for kids too.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

ElectricSheep posted:

Can't wait for people to cheer at John Krasinski showing up followed by their horror as he's killed.

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

War and Pieces posted:

Didn't this already happen with House of M ?

I'm fairly certain that House of M did not become the most popular multi-billion dollar movie franchise in the world, no.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Dr strange, Marvel's first gynaecologist superhero

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol Mr Fantastic sucks poo poo

The fork guy gets his mouth removed Neo-style then speaks and kills himself. I guess his power is focusing sound waves? Lame as gently caress

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol that pic is real?

Yeah and Dr. Strange reacts to them the same way I did, "look at these lame dorky rear end superheroes", I say, while watching a superhero movie.

Then Wanda loving murders them horribly.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least this movie depicts extremely accurately how a fight between Reed Richards and Scarlet Witch should go.

barmk ima dog lol
Apr 6, 2022
"told you i was Strange"

(touches balls his alt reality counterpart)

- The End... ? -

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Goofs: In the scene where Dr. Strange is confronting the Triumvirate of Terror, his mocap suit loses synch and he reverts to a T-pose for a full second before the shot cuts away to Pepper Potts eating an omlette.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Hidden Mickey:

In the scene in the warehouse, Dr. Strange notices a pair of Mickey Mouse Ears sitting askew on a dressmaker's dummy and gives them a salute. Mouse Ear spotters will actually recognize these as first edition 2010 "55th anniversary" mickey mouse ears on loan from the Mouse Ear Museum in Tennessee.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Goofs: during the first Spider Sub scene, Lady Strange (girl Dr. Strange from the 64th parallel) accidentally refers to Dr. Strange as "Benbazzle Camblbamble."

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Continuity errors: no matter how many gummy bears Dr. Strange eats from his bag, the amount of gummy bears in the bag never diminishes even though he is clearly seen eating fistfuls of them at a time. It's obviously the same bag because Benedict Cumberpatch signed his name ("Benedict") on the bag. The bag cannot have been enchanted to hold unlimited gummy bears because the fact that gummy bears are immune to magic is a major plot point in the film.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Memorable Quotes:

"Buckle up, things are about to get a little... STRANGE." -Dr. Strange

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
12:08 - Dr Strange is singing in the shower "I know what I want and I want it now. I want you 'cause I'm Dr Strange.. Dr Strange."

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

When Dr. Strange's animal sidekick bumbo, the magic guinea pig said "reeet reet reeeeet". I stood up and clapped, such a good callback. Kudos to the writers.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
When Dr. Strange passes through the Rick and Mortyverse and meets Rick and Morty, animated Dr. Strange is not voiced by Benedict Cumberpatch but by Maurice LaMarche doing his George Orwell impression.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Doctor strange 2 rules bc it’s a sam Raimi movie and sam Raimi rules

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
anyone else think this dr strange is a little... unusual?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJY8jJkDoMY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Doctor Familiar