Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
4chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

Only terminally online 30-40 year old right wing weirdos use 4chan.

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
Reddit?

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
well?? what's the answer?

edit: decapitalized, italicized for a style more gentle and kind (lentils)

Oolb fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 7, 2022

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Oolb posted:

well?? what's the answer?

edit: decapitalized, italicized for a style more gentle and kind (lentils)

There isn't one. Stuff is used differently now.

Its basically DM's, on any platform.

Everyone is riffing on the TL but its the large group chats where actual talking and stuff happens.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

Hmm. Not really all of them, tbh.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki//pol/

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

4chan's userbase has only grown every year since it's inception though

Oolb
Nov 18, 2019
4chan is where i go when i need go develop a mental illness FAST

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Oolb posted:

4chan is where i go when i need go develop a mental illness FAST

Why go to 4chan when SA offers that same level of service with cspam?

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Discord isn't really a community or a group identity. Old chat clients like AIM or IRC might've had something like that going on, but Discord's pretty much just... a way for people who met somewhere else to all talk together, mostly about whatever brought them together in the first place.

You can't really look at, well, anything and go "Hmmm, yeah, that's definitely from Discord!"

"I was groomed/radicalized on Discord" is absolutely a shared group identity for some zoomers

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
you have no idea how many extreme video game opinions I have

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

ifunny
but also its super racist

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

ellasmith posted:

I've just been wondering what the SA for the zoomer generation is. What's the niche zoomer media that's currently on top but will eventually wither away into a shadow of its former self only inhabited by mid 30s/early 40s zoomers.

It's this cool app you're not allowed to access.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Unironically the zoomer furries have all the edgy internet culture hidden meme groups on various websites and they raise tons of money for charity, and they are most like modern goons.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

One of them invited me to a FB meme group and when I joined the opening picture was a shock image (it is jar jar binks totally naked bent over w/ a gaping rear end in a top hat) and they considered being subjected to that their tax for joining the group

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

can you safely share more, wise master?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

deep dish peat moss posted:

One of them invited me to a FB meme group and when I joined the opening picture was a shock image (it is jar jar binks totally naked bent over w/ a gaping rear end in a top hat) and they considered being subjected to that their tax for joining the group

:hmmyes: honestly thats hilarious and sounds like SA's early years

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

I'm trying to picture how this would be identifiably Jar Jar Binks given the perspective and pose.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Vampire Panties posted:

:hmmyes: honestly thats hilarious and sounds like SA's early years

kind of yes kind of no

modern internet culture is unironically embracing the weird as opposed to SA where it was ruthlessly mock the poo poo out of the weird. like, the entire concept of 'vore' as a fetish has become a meme among zoomers, but not in the way it would've been with old SA. more in a way of like, laughing with the folks actually into it about how absurd it is

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
influencers

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Jar Jar Stinks

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sachant posted:

I'm trying to picture how this would be identifiably Jar Jar Binks given the perspective and pose.

Even though Jar Jar's body is facing away from the camera, his head is turned, smiling at the viewer

ishikabibble posted:

kind of yes kind of no

modern internet culture is unironically embracing the weird as opposed to SA where it was ruthlessly mock the poo poo out of the weird. like, the entire concept of 'vore' as a fetish has become a meme among zoomers, but not in the way it would've been with old SA. more in a way of like, laughing with the folks actually into it about how absurd it is

Yeah, but that's kind of better in a way b/c making fun of everything without being hateful is cool.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 8, 2022

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Even though Jar Jar's body is facing away from the camera, his head is turned, smiling at the viewer

Yeah, but that's kind of better in a way b/c making fun of everything without being hateful is cool.

Don't hate the furry, hate the furryverse.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

The culture of zoomers in general is ultra-politeness, the days of massive online video game griefing and making fun of weird fetishes like pillowfucking or sneeze kinks is over and now just accepted as internet oddities

I think the cynicism of millennials turned into just a shrugged acceptance of zoomers that everyone is hosed up in their own ways and mocking modern day hikikomori into being normal is cruel - on the other hand, that just means that there is no more brakes on what’s considered hosed up/weird since everything is treated with ultra-deference

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
hey everybody, just wanted to check if you guys knew where all the vulnerable, socially isolated teenagers are hanging out these days. TIA :)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

dk2m posted:

The culture of zoomers in general is ultra-politeness, the days of massive online video game griefing and making fun of weird fetishes like pillowfucking or sneeze kinks is over and now just accepted as internet oddities

I think the cynicism of millennials turned into just a shrugged acceptance of zoomers that everyone is hosed up in their own ways and mocking modern day hikikomori into being normal is cruel - on the other hand, that just means that there is no more brakes on what’s considered hosed up/weird since everything is treated with ultra-deference

Zoomers were never under any illusion that being as lovely as Boomers would somehow get the Boomers to not hate them.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Zoomers were never under any illusion that being as lovely as Boomers would somehow get the Boomers to not hate them.

It’s more like they looked at the millennial attitude of the internet - “the internet makes you stupid” - and completely disagreed with the cynicism of that statement and instead created a youth culture that is the complete opposite - acceptance

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Zoomers don't need dumb internet forums, they're too busy have anxiety and depression

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

STABASS posted:

hey everybody, just wanted to check if you guys knew where all the vulnerable, socially isolated teenagers are hanging out these days. TIA :)

mods!?

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Bula Vinaka posted:

I am heavily and severely triggered by zoomers who say "sheesh".

yikes

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

dk2m posted:

It’s more like they looked at the millennial attitude of the internet - “the internet makes you stupid” - and completely disagreed with the cynicism of that statement and instead created a youth culture that is the complete opposite - acceptance

Sounds like the internet made them pretty stupid! Boom gottem haha I'm secure in my millennial attitude being the correct way of all things ow oof my knees they're old and everything hurts

dk2m
May 6, 2009

Tiberius Christ posted:

Zoomers don't need dumb internet forums, they're too busy have anxiety and depression

if you grew up in an era with multi billion dollar social media platforms controlling the culture by the time you hit puberty, would you expect anything different

Internet forums are for people that think the internet can foster interesting discussions, promote the counterculture and build a community in an anonymous way, modern social media is all about building your personal brand and gaining followers with your actual name. Reddit might be the in between of the old and the new

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

dk2m posted:

Internet forums are for people that think the internet can foster interesting discussions, promote the counterculture and build a community in an anonymous way

in minecraft

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

dk2m posted:

dk2m posted:

This does seem to check out. Thanks for making the great posts.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

I know, I know, the easiest way to find them would be to check the mod forum, but they don't just let anybody browse there.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

dk2m posted:

Honestly this sounds almost exactly like what people were saying about millennial culture 10 years ago.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

The Moon Monster posted:

Honestly this sounds almost exactly like what people were saying about millennial culture 10 years ago.

I think the younger kiddos were more successful in pulling it off than millennials ever were. Millennials never really got over being failures. Zoomers roll with the punches better and punch less.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Is it true that zoomers only eat hyper-gel nutrient slurry and can run as fast as a coyote?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I’m researching zoomers for my zine which I print out at the library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Buce posted:

Is it true that zoomers only eat hyper-gel nutrient slurry and can run as fast as a coyote?

yes I can confirm they still drink soylent