Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How is ‘pwned’ pronounced?
Keep the ‘p’ silent. Don’t draw that much attention to it.
Say the ‘p’! Loud and proud!
View Results

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Curious to hear the Zone’s take on this one… Me, personally, I always imagined that leaving it silent would make sense in most verbal contexts. Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

symbolic posted:

imho it's pown. one could argue that the p is a silent consonant, but i couldn't fathom a word having one at the beginning without another consonant right after it e.g. tsunami

Actually *pushes up glasses and the reflection shine hides eyes* the Japanese つ (tsu) character pronounces t and s aloud together. Kind of like a little ‘tss’ sound

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

It's pronounced pown like fps doug

FPS Doug (PBUH) pronounced the p silently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61ss1KSdDxE&t=393s

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

You just can't hear it but I hear it and it's there and it's real.

It’s ok to admit you got mandela’d man.