Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How is ‘pwned’ pronounced?
Keep the ‘p’ silent. Don’t draw that much attention to it.
Say the ‘p’! Loud and proud!
View Results

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's pronounced pown like fps doug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

That’s right, and I suck on your P and F your A because you’re my boyfriend. Get poison pilled bitch

https://youtu.be/9ZXHyARzucE

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You just can't hear it but I hear it and it's there and it's real.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plebian Parasite posted:

I'm imagining a welsh guy who pronounces it like 'poon'

Your mom served me up some fresh poon last night. Lol.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*using the lowest possible setting on the voice modulator* Your cheeks and nuts shall retain the hue of pure blackness.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Going to need a list of the poll voters so we know who to shame.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

insane anime posted:

might be off base here just a working theory but silent P = oldest gaming generation. quake mother fuckers..everquest..gen x etc. thought beavis and butthead was the poo poo in college.

hard p = start of millennial generation. csgo..maybe orange box tf2 console..nu metal

me and the other retard who said say pawn = younger crowd. stick arena online and runescape lol. fuse tv

anyone else = foreign / home schooled

lol I literally do remember the first time i said it online was after ganking someone in the wilderness

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wormskull posted:

I actually think when I read it it is said in my mind as poon but never when I say it out loud, the more I think of it.

If it's included in a full sentence of leet speak I always read it as poon, lol. But it's pown when I say it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Hizke/In Training story