Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I had that shaft as a kid. I thought he was dope even tho he couldn’t move for poo poo.

The little pistol and glasses were awesome

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Good place to ask this: as a kid, I had a really big (like almost a foot tall) Boba Fett doll that was very detailed and extremely articulated, basically as poseable as an 80s GI Joe, but enormous. It also had a hole through the eye, which I think was so you could pose figures in action tableaux and look through their perspective or something.

I wasn't imagining this, right? I think I've seen the 'eyehole' thing on some other larger figures, but that Boba Fett is sort of a white whale to me.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

buncha neckbeards itt

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

a mulatto
an albino
a mosquito
butthole greedo

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Mister Speaker posted:

Good place to ask this: as a kid, I had a really big (like almost a foot tall) Boba Fett doll that was very detailed and extremely articulated, basically as poseable as an 80s GI Joe, but enormous. It also had a hole through the eye, which I think was so you could pose figures in action tableaux and look through their perspective or something.

I wasn't imagining this, right? I think I've seen the 'eyehole' thing on some other larger figures, but that Boba Fett is sort of a white whale to me.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

When I was a kid, I found all the Quake 2 action figures at KB Toys for 90% off so I snatched them all up and played with them forever. I wonder where they went, probably dust in the wind at this point :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Svengoolie?!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
my mom loves svengoolie

he's half the reason i can't convince my parents to get rid of cable

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Big Boba Fett

Whoa, thanks. It's less detailed/articulated than I remember, but of course when I was a kid that poo poo was cutting-edge.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

Whoa, thanks. It's less detailed/articulated than I remember, but of course when I was a kid that poo poo was cutting-edge.

Those are from 1979. I never had one, but I always wanted one.

Now I have a giant-sized Power Droid, which is 1000× cooler than Boba Fett (obviously) so I don't feel the need to own one considering my limited money and space. That being said, they are pretty cool, and have all sorts of little accessories to lose!

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

kntfkr posted:

my mom loves svengoolie

His show is shown on some local channel out here in the SF bay area, but I'm old, and go to bed early because I love to sleep, and I don't have a TV in my bedroom, so I don't stay up watching many lovely old movies anymore, so I've just seen clips and snippets. I do love lovely old movies, but only ever watch them in the mornings or afternoons (when I have the time, which I rarely do), unlike when I was a kid, and would stay up all fuckin' night watching crazy poo poo because that was the only way to absorb weird culture in sterile, boring suburbs.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

kntfkr posted:

my mom loves svengoolie

Gutter Phoenix posted:

His show is shown on some local channel out here in the SF bay area, but I'm old, and go to bed early because I love to sleep, and I don't have a TV in my bedroom, so I don't stay up watching many lovely old movies anymore, so I've just seen clips and snippets. I do love lovely old movies, but only ever watch them in the mornings or afternoons (when I have the time, which I rarely do), unlike when I was a kid, and would stay up all fuckin' night watching crazy poo poo because that was the only way to absorb weird culture in sterile, boring suburbs.

Horror hosts were before my time but I smile when I see Svengoolie on MeTV showing Godzilla or The Killer Shrews or what have you. Comet's another channel with a bunch of great programming to leave on all day.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

CelticPredator posted:

I had that shaft as a kid. I thought he was dope even tho he couldn’t move for poo poo.

I had the Edward Scissorhands from that same McFarlane Toys Movie Maniacs line, and it couldn't even stand up because of the way the legs are bowed a little. And you couldn't move the legs, there was no articulation at all except for swivel points near the crotch and at the tops of the boots. You could move his arms and scissors and turn his head, twist the legs back and forth a little, and that was it.

I thought McFarlane figures looked so cool but you couldn't do poo poo with them, they come in one pose and that's all you get. They barely even qualified as "toys", they were more like smaller, cheaper statuettes.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s what mcf wanted at the time. Still does but the whole industry has moved toward detailed articulated figures that mcf has issues keeping up.

I enjoyed what he’s made over the past year tho. Like this spawn

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Best i can do is an inaction figure :

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Horror hosts were before my time but I smile when I see Svengoolie on MeTV showing Godzilla or The Killer Shrews or what have you. Comet's another channel with a bunch of great programming to leave on all day.

I wish someone would just pay old-rear end Joe Flaherty to do Count Floyd on the regular.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

staberind posted:

Best i can do is an inaction figure :

lol sergeant gunt

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
some of my nerd poo poo

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The consistency in this image makes my brain feel good.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Dr.D-O posted:

The consistency in this image makes my brain feel good.

You wouldn't like my collections. They are all mixed together, which I like.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
If you're able to sort your figures by character, then you have too many drat figures.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

King Vidiot posted:

If you're able to sort your figures by character, then you have too many drat figures.

I have tens of Jar Jar Binkses. I want hundreds. Thousands. Millions. Billions. Trillions. Googleplexes. And so on, and so forth.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

I just focus on Daredevil (comic versions only), Blue Beetle, and Booster Gold. But I've seen people who attempt to collect all versions of Batman, Spider-Man, Harley Quinn, Optimus Prime... You'd run out of money and space trying to be a completist collector of very popular characters.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Those are from 1979. I never had one, but I always wanted one.

Now I have a giant-sized Power Droid, which is 1000× cooler than Boba Fett (obviously) so I don't feel the need to own one considering my limited money and space. That being said, they are pretty cool, and have all sorts of little accessories to lose!

Power Droid? Do you maybe mean IG-88? He's the one behind Obi Wan and is worth about 10k in the box.

I had most of these and they were awesome. R2 had a rear panel you could open to find little "data plates" of the Death Star plans. I had the 6 Million Dollar Man figure who was about the same size and he kicked Vader rear end on the reg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsBPQU4llUU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Bonzo posted:

Power Droid? Do you maybe mean IG-88? He's the one behind Obi Wan and is worth about 10k in the box.

Nah, it's one of those Gentle Giant remakes from a few years ago. I posted a picture of it in another thread. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit:

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 18, 2022

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

That’s what mcf wanted at the time. Still does but the whole industry has moved toward detailed articulated figures that mcf has issues keeping up.

I enjoyed what he’s made over the past year tho. Like this spawn

I used to have a really giant dragon he did with fly moveable wings and fingers and all kinda things.

It kicked so much rear end and was my favorite. Him and my giant t-rex were besties.

I have nothing else to add, save to say that there was at least one figure that had moving bits. Too bad they were all fragile as hell.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah that was the biggest gamble with McFarlane at that time. I always got super glue jsut for them lol.

His stuff is way sturdier now. Less detailed in paint but less prone to explode when you touch it. I think it’s an okay trade off.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

:hai:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

cursed action figs.
E: I should post the other pic for clarity

staberind fucked around with this message at 20:37 on May 19, 2022

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Decided to post some pictures of some Nendoroids

Hatsune Miku 10th Anniversary

Dizzy - Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2

Isabelle Spring Version - Animal Crossing New Leaf

Sasara + Maryan - Aquapazza

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 22, 2022

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

wankel13b
Jan 23, 2005

quak

Chief McHeath posted:

What if the tall G I Joe and Barbie...

Did like making out plus more?

I'm just kidding but would it be Joe Barbie or G I Joe-Barbie or Barbie Jo I just idk they're toys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fGMI_mWmb7g

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
WE ARE PICARD!

We are also Charles Xavier

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

https://www.instagram.com/sgtbananas/

Bula Vinaka fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 30, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

:lmao: