Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Can someone verify that Kate has been absent since the cold open? Did she peace out for real? Besides pretapes I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

There she is :) Well that is the lay bit of the night. I imagine a lot of good stuff was left on the floor after dress, hope some of it goes up online.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

pwn posted:

Note that it's 12:25 and Pete's been nowhere in the show. Was he even in the high school pretape? I guess he might do an Update piece, but god drat that boy is trying my last nerve

I'm pretty sure the only thing Pete has done all season is a few music videos...

But I'm also stupid.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I thought that there wasn’t a worse recurring WU character than the boat guy, but I had forgotten about the trendsetters.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

a new study bible! posted:

I thought that there wasn’t a worse recurring WU character than the boat guy, but I had forgotten about the trendsetters.

Baby. Yoda.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

thrawn527 posted:

Baby. Yoda.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Speaking of which - did Kyle not get a goodbye moment last night? The other three departing cast members got one, but I don't think I saw one for him.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cut for time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BgvxLd7G0Y

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
kyle got sent off like he lived, in the background of every other sketch.

is there a grand tradition of folks being sent off, i assume not for the trial period people, but im also not recalling any sendoffs from snl when I was a kid.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Khanstant posted:

is there a grand tradition of folks being sent off, i assume not for the trial period people, but im also not recalling any sendoffs from snl when I was a kid.

It was so much more rare to be tenured like the current cast is. Aidy and Kate both have a decade under their belts? That would have made them two of the longest-running cast members in the 90s/2000s. Even still they are in the top 10.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Khanstant posted:

Kristen Wiig got a send off that had Lorne himself come out. A high school graduation “sketch” that was barely a sketch and was mostly just an excuse for everyone to come up and give Wiig a hug and a kiss goodbye. Hader and Armisen got to play music at the end of the episode, so I’d count that. Hader, again, but also Seth Meyers (same episode) had a big send off for Stefan that had a bunch of Seth Meyers specific Weekend Update characters give them a send off, like Satan and I think Drunk Uncle.

But mostly, no, people don’t get send offs. It’s not the worst idea, though.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It used to be a bit more common in the 90s. Phil Hartman's send off was a musical number starring the whole cast.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pete was five years old when this song came out

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Did anyone else find Pete’s attempt to relitigate the Dan Crenshaw stuff incredibly odd?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Did anyone else find Pete’s attempt to relitigate the Dan Crenshaw stuff incredibly odd?

No gently caress Crenshaw and gently caress Tucker and all their crocodile tears, that was the only part I liked about Pete's bit.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It used to be a bit more common in the 90s. Phil Hartman's send off was a musical number starring the whole cast.

I remember that! Here's a link I found.

Nah, given the amount of poo poo Pete got for that, he had every right to take a shot at Tucker and all those other right-wing hypocrites.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
a little odd and he coulda taken a real shot at dan crenshaw because he's a POS.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I absolutely agree that Pete was never in the wrong, I just think he never should have been forced to apologize in the first place. gently caress Dan Crenshaw. Coming back to it during his send off segment just seemed like an odd choice.

But if that was his decision then more power to him. I know I hold grudges forever and I can’t imagine being forced to apologize to that piece of poo poo.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Absolutely not. If anything, I thought he hit the exact right tone by attacking those who attacked his initial piece instead of redoing that piece by hitting Crenshaw again. Even if Crenshaw was one of those attacking him.

I feel like coming back to it now was just a bit of, “I need to settle a little old business before I go,” and I can respect that. A little, “Hey, gently caress you assholes” on the way out.

I don’t love Pete, but I like him, and I loved that bit.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 23, 2022

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I liked the insinuation that Tucker Carlson is Colin Jost’s dad.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If I had to make an undeserved public apology on live tv to an rear end in a top hat, and then that rear end in a top hat used my father's death to score points with their base, I'd hold a grudge a lot longer than a few years.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Dan “the left can’t take a joke” Crenshaw is a piece of poo poo and the only regret Pete should have is accidentally platforming that moron and allowing him a voice on the national stage.

I wish he’d doubled-down and dragged his rear end again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'll always remember the Polar Bear sketch where they had the last appearance of a few guys getting killed.

Funny way to send people off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wf31yBoGA4

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

whatever you say mr. dictionary

pwn
May 27, 2004

You're a book filled with word meanings

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

R. Guyovich posted:

whatever you say mr. dictionary

yes i had that hornets starter jacket tim meadows is rocking, yes i know what it's worth on ebay today, and yes i am now sad they covered it in comedic amounts of cornsyrup/fake blood

and i wasn't talking to you

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

like so much volleyball

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Another cut for time sketch

ESPN First Take

https://youtu.be/kCor3jreb2o

Natasha kills in this

Also Chris Redd break

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

very good sketch, pro-click

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Re: cast sendoffs, I remember Jimmy Fallon’s last episode where the last skit was a Grease parody and had a weird bit at the end where he groped Tina Fey

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

i say swears online posted:

very good sketch, pro-click

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Also Chris Redd break

My partner is like "that's an exaggeration of Stephen A Smith right?" and i'm like not by much

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Jaxyon posted:

My partner is like "that's an exaggeration of Stephen A Smith right?" and i'm like not by much

All-timer

https://twitter.com/hegelbon/status/492741034749620224?s=21&t=OKLr1FltFB-XoK0LSLbXqg

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I have no idea if this is parody or not. That's who Stephen A. Smith is.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Another classic:

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/212767135901024256?t=TV9yUWLoF7Stri7xM15fmw&s=19

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

thrawn527 posted:

Kristen Wiig got a send off that had Lorne himself come out. A high school graduation “sketch” that was barely a sketch and was mostly just an excuse for everyone to come up and give Wiig a hug and a kiss goodbye. Hader and Armisen got to play music at the end of the episode, so I’d count that. Hader, again, but also Seth Meyers (same episode) had a big send off for Stefan that had a bunch of Seth Meyers specific Weekend Update characters give them a send off, like Satan and I think Drunk Uncle.

But mostly, no, people don’t get send offs. It’s not the worst idea, though.
Pete was on the show longer than Kristen Wiig

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that redd has to literally scream to reach parody is the funniest thing. I love stephen a

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

lol mindblowing, I wonder how many sketches each got

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

having a hard time deciding which overstayed their welcome more

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

i say swears online posted:

lol mindblowing, I wonder how many sketches each got

It has to Wiig by a lot.

Pete had the Chris Rock issue where they are funny but aren't really sketch guys.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I'm not sure I'd classify Pete as "on the show" for most of his tenure. He seemed absent more often than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

carticket posted:

I'm not sure I'd classify Pete as "on the show" for most of his tenure. He seemed absent more often than not.

I was gonna say. "Pete was on the show longer than Kristen Wiig" I mean...was he, though?