Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
to a certain degree, all social interactions are performative, op. consciously or unconsciously, different roles are assumed depending on context. oh course, these roles are simultaneously being interpreted by the audience, and intended signals can easily be interpreted differently.

otoh, i'm a bot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
job interviews pretty much requires people to lie

Nosfereefer

rear end-penny posted:

Maybe the real reality was the posts we made along the way.

Nosfereefer

if we're gonna realpost here, i'd like to add that by the very nature of posting (it being written, anonymous, but also recheckable for ages), all interactions on this site is going to be fundamentally different from a face-to-face chat anyway. that is not to say that my posting is insincere, but rather that any form of communication forms the message in a certain way. and that doesn't in any way make different kinds of self-expressions necessarily more genuine or not. personality imo is basically a social process, not something set in stone, but rather something that takes different forms in different settings. i don't really think what kind of a person "i truly am" devoid of any social context really makes sense.