Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i can do it pretty easily with my 10x triplet loupe. it’s got just enough space when it’s folded out that i can hold it flat against my phone and the lens fits over the camera lens

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

lmao, as someone who lived in one of those library districts where drag queen bingo blew up with death threats and poo poo

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

drat, nice rear end on the lincoln monument

mystes
May 31, 2006

lol

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Agile Vector posted:

drat, nice rear end on the lincoln monument

Where the logs come from

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

jeebus bob posted:

Where the logs come from

actually lol'd

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

burning swine posted:

Believe it or not
I don't and you should be ashamed of yourself

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Optics are cool

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

KoRMaK posted:

Optics are cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxwhCmO90UQ

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Makin keychains!

https://i.imgur.com/T98Xq5B.mp4

burning swine
May 26, 2004

betty boof posted:

I don't and you should be ashamed of yourself

I'm always at least a little ashamed

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

daaaang. is that video real time or sped up?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i love it

humbly requesting a yospos tag or coin (green, not amber)

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i just love the sound of those things (as someone who doesn't own one or work with one)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I want a milkie goatman coin

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:milkie::goatsecx:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Kazinsal posted:

daaaang. is that video real time or sped up?

Real time, takes about 55 seconds per keychain side now that I've dialed it in.

Roosevelt posted:

i love it

humbly requesting a yospos tag or coin (green, not amber)

I have some electric green and amber ones coming in on Monday, I'll see about whipping up a design for for both 'POS's.

Eeyo posted:

i just love the sound of those things (as someone who doesn't own one or work with one)

They absolutely make some awesome noises, my favorites are aluminum like those tags and deep engraving on brass, which I don't have a video of at this time, but next I do brass I'll record one.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

whats the fumes like? i've heard people say that it can get real bad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

when i got my lil cnc machine the one thing i was not prepared for is how messy it was throwing oil aluminum chips everywhere

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

rotor posted:

whats the fumes like? i've heard people say that it can get real bad

When I'm doing those paint-coated business cards that I posted earlier the fumes can get a little obnoxious without venting, but I have a 5-inch 350CFM inline fan that you can see the ducted end of in some pics from a couple posts back. The key chains only really put off this red aluminum dust that gets sucked up into the aforementioned exhaust.

E: The real nasty poo poo is when I'm doing wood in my big gantry CO2 and the whole thing tries to smoke me out of the workshop even with the ducted exhaust.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

rotor posted:

when i got my lil cnc machine the one thing i was not prepared for is how messy it was throwing oil aluminum chips everywhere

You should not attempt to feed the lil CNC machine solids until it is older

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

im officer(sic) dumpster

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
A couple months ago before I got this ducted fan setup, I'd be relying on the CO2 laser's output fan to move air outside the workshop via some ducting I'd set up.

What absolutely convinced me to buy the 350CFM ducted setup was my laptop's cooling pad started being really loud. When I took off the fine-mesh filter I found this, and immediately ordered the extra ducting and inline fans:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
That's just smoke and sticky tar from the CO2's garbage exhaust not doing even 70% of it's job, the whole thing felt like maple syrup that had been spilled and left on the counter for 2 days.

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

rotor posted:

throwing oil aluminum chips everywhere
Shouldn't have bought the Euronymous model

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

sign me the gently caress up for teh YOSPOS keychain. can you get those rubber gasket thingies that go around the perimeter so they dont clink?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Arson Daily posted:

sign me the gently caress up for teh YOSPOS keychain. can you get those rubber gasket thingies that go around the perimeter so they dont clink?

The silicone silencers? Yeah I can order some.

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Arson Daily posted:

They also keep your keychain from going flaccid during its refractory period

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

betty boof posted:

They also keep your keychain from going flaccid during its refractory period

Ellie when I do your keychain it will be hard as oak while simultaneously soft as silly string. <3

E: I dont know how many Venture Bros fans are in this thread but this has been my desk coaster since the day I got my CO2:

spookykid fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 3, 2024

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
oh and because Fallout has become such a thing the last few days, the thing that sits on the top of my laser head with a few bits of nano-tape:

https://i.imgur.com/ZumxNqA.mp4

spookykid fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

spookykid posted:

oh and because Fallout has become such a thing the last few days, the thing that sits on the top of my laser head with a few bits of nano-tape:

https://i.imgur.com/ZumxNqA.mp4

It should be the energy weapons bobblehead. :colbert: