Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

this reminded me of a pic i took a few years ago

yours is better though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

e: i'll post a picture too bc it's the pictures thread. i got my Elgato Neo in this weekend, and its a hundo for a really nice macro pad that has dedicated prev/next page buttons, so the theoretical limit is infinite. It's a super cute gadget and i like it a lot.

I've been using the free iOS app they make for a while now (mostly for easy use of discord soundboard when I'm playin games with friends) but I'm thinkin about getting back into streaming and the neo is pretty attractive. the free app only gives you a 3x2 pad to play with but it has the same page "buttons" that the neo does, though there is a "pro" upgrade for the app that lets you do up to something like 6x4 on an iPhone and up to something absurd like 10x6 on an iPad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the goofy rear end thing about streamdecks is, that's just a resistive single LCD behind it and they've gridded it out. it's not the optimus keyboard dream we all had in 2016, it's a lovely screen with some blob buttons. but by god, they made it work. I wouldn't use it for like, a replacement for a real hardware macro keyboard (of which i have MANY), but it is a cool and good Product

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Base Emitter posted:

what sort of laser are you doing this with

spookykid posted:

Yeah it's a 20w 1064nm Fiber by ComMarker. It's basically one of the cheapest "good" entry-level fiber lasers from China, I picked mine up for about $1900 shipped, and splurged and added the 2 rotary attachments and controller (so you can engrave round things from big stuff like those vacuum mugs everyone is carrying these days, to things as small as rings) for another ~$600. I also bought another lens (which I need to install and calibrate) to do finer detail work (smaller work area, but higher power concentration), and an X/Y table for positioning things. It can mark/engrave basically any metal you can think of, and most plastics, but not glass or wood.

I also have a Glowforge 40W CO2 gantry-style laser for doing organics (wood, plastics, glass, etc) that I thought I'd told the story of in this thread, but after searching though my posts, maybe not.

Back in 2015ish I got on the original kickstarter for Glowforge. The deal back then was $2000, $50 to get on the kickstarter list, and then when it came time for them to ship, you'd pay the other $1950 when they'd ship in 12 months. I put $1950 in a separate bank account and just let it sit. Well 12 months comes and goes, and they go "umm sorry, it's gonna be another 6 months." That comes and goes, and they say "umm another 6 months?" This happens several more times and I'm like "whatever, I'll never see that money again." In late 2018, early 2019 I get a call from UPS: "Hey, we have a 90lb package for you, can you have someone there to receive it tomorrow?" I'm like "wait what?", and take a day off, and lo and behold, there's a laser and $300 worth of proofgrade materials for it on my doorstep. I get it into my spare bedroom and unbox it, then check my bank account all they way back to the time of the kickstarter. They've never taken any money from me other than the original $50. I call them up and go "hey so about this..." and they look up my account "yep you've paid, enjoy your laser" and I go "no I don't think I have?" and the nice lady goes "Yes. You've paid. have a nice day."

And that's how I got a laser for $50. I was drinking heavily at the time and this was right around the time of my disability retirement bullshit, and then COVID etc. so it just kinda sat collecting dust for 3 1/2 years until I got my poo poo straightened out about a year ago, cleaned out my spare bedroom and converted it into a workshop, and here we are today.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I took have just started playing cyberpunk 2077 again

(That rules)

Beeftweeter posted:

this reminded me of a pic i took a few years ago

yours is better though lol

gj capturing Zuul being summoned

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Jonny 290 posted:

we've had too many yosdeaths already. you're all loving amazing posters and i think you're cool and smart and at least semi-cute, let's get through this together and see how the screenplay rolls out.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm the most negative person on the planet
no you're not! :haw:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
they're waiting for you in the chair hive, gordon

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Agile Vector posted:

yesss. the alternate intro and the evolving intros are really good

can't talk about alternate/retro intros without dropping this bad boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LyZvcUAU0E

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
love to sit around unable to see my friends while the backs of our heads talk to each other

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

only $380!

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm the most negative person on the planet
NMN Parachute Account Reveal

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

i get the apple, the window and the mouse but i dont get hte peach, palm tree or the worm

but as long as we're being stuff, i'm the reunited michigan

I think the peach might be to represent Peachtree financial software? It was huge way back in the day. I seem to remember a company or software that used the palm tree as a logo long ago as well but don't recall what it was. The worm I figured is supposed to be a software worm.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I think the peach might be to represent Peachtree financial software? It was huge way back in the day. I seem to remember a company or software that used the palm tree as a logo long ago as well but don't recall what it was. The worm I figured is supposed to be a software worm.

yes! peachtree! i'll bet youre right.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Chris Knight posted:

they're waiting for you in the chair hive, gordon

ooo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

gj capturing Zuul being summoned

i got a lot of neat shots that night

e: christ the tonemapping on that last one sucks lol

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I think the peach might be to represent Peachtree
No I'm pretty sure that's in Sector 13 of Mega-City One, ruled with an iron fist by the Ma-Ma Clan

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

betty boof posted:

No I'm pretty sure that's in Sector 13 of Mega-City One, ruled with an iron fist by the Ma-Ma Clan

drokk! ellies right.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Beeftweeter posted:

i got a lot of neat shots that night

e: christ the tonemapping on that last one sucks lol

cool cyberpresent pics :cool:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

the palm tree's maybe referencing turtle beach corp?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sombrerotron posted:

the palm tree's maybe referencing turtle beach corp?

oh maybe yeah

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Crazy Achmed posted:

if you can get squares, you could make 1s as well

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

so, uh, whats goin on with you and 1s?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

rotor posted:

so, uh, whats goin on with you and 1s?

something about the milkie gifs a few months back, you probed me and then someone gave me this av

e; it's my second to last probe and lol i forgot how good the probe reason was

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

lol i didnt notice the av before. nice.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

rotor posted:

lol i didnt notice the av before. nice.

i also haven't been posting for a while

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

cool thanks. i've fooled around with co2 lasers but i'm kinda behind the curve on what fiber lasers can do

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Large Testicles posted:

i also haven't been posting for a while

again: nice.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Large Testicles posted:

something about the milkie gifs a few months back, you probed me and then someone gave me this av

e; it's my second to last probe and lol i forgot how good the probe reason was

lol that kicks rear end

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

gently caress em up gramps

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

rotor posted:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

i don't know how guffhib works

https://github.com/SAWARATSUKI/ServiceLogos

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
we need to go…beyond! we need to go to…

i like this one

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

betty boof posted:

rotor posted:

drokk! ellies right.

by Grud they are!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

me hearing about copilot and ai and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
what's a stupid robot? the one elon made that couldn't stand up and wave to the crowd at the same time?